Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Longer seasons

by KittyCarey Posted 30th Nov 2012 at 8:34 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2014 at 12:43 PM by KittyCarey

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:57 PM
Awesome! Now if only there were a way to set seasons-per neighborhood, so I don't have to shut off winter for everyone when I just want it shut off in Lucky Palms.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 11:29 PM
Default A little befuddled
I'm curious Kitty if this Mod would override my current setup HERE.

From what I'm looking at in the XML tune <kMaxSeasonDays value="84"> this should override the default setting if I have changed it in the .ini file correct? Or am I misunderstanding what it does?

I also saw the change here <kGuaranteedMinDaysAfterSeasonLengthChange value="1"> which I believe will allow for 1 day after the next Season starts to give it time to clean up the seasonal state from the previous?

And this part really intrigued me:
<kSummerSunriseAndSunsetOffsets value="0, 0">
<!--Summer Sunrise/Sunset hour time offsets.-->
</kSummerSunriseAndSunsetOffsets>
<kFallSunriseAndSunsetOffsets value="1, -1.25">
<!--Fall Sunrise/Sunset hour time offsets.-->
</kFallSunriseAndSunsetOffsets>
<kWinterSunriseAndSunsetOffsets value="2, -2.5">
<!--Winter Sunrise/Sunset hour time offsets.-->
</kWinterSunriseAndSunsetOffsets>
<kSpringSunriseAndSunsetOffsets value="1, -1.25">
<!--Spring Sunrise/Sunset hour time offsets.-->
</kSpringSunriseAndSunsetOffsets>

Those are the Sunset & Sunrise values for when they happen per season correct?

If so that is some very valuable information for me. And I may have a use for this mod for my own setup. I will have to add in a few different things to make it work for my play style. But before I start fiddling with it the only real concern I have is the time frame override in the tune. I want to keep my 365 day calendar year but utilize the Sunrise & Sunset options you have available in this mod.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inf666ipi
From what I'm looking at in the XML tune <kMaxSeasonDays value="84"> this should override the default setting if I have changed it in the .ini file correct? Or am I misunderstanding what it does? ...

If so that is some very valuable information for me. And I may have a use for this mod for my own setup. I will have to add in a few different things to make it work for my play style. But before I start fiddling with it the only real concern I have is the time frame override in the tune. I want to keep my 365 day calendar year but utilize the Sunrise & Sunset options you have available in this mod.

This is a tuning mod, so it just alters the values in GameplayData - feel free to make your own with whichever adjustments you prefer. The values I've changed are the maximum season length, the number of days of transition and the minimum season length (so that this is always bigger than the number of days of transition). For my own game, I've changed the sunrise/ sunset times and it works well, but I wasn't sure others would want it, so it's not included here. For other values, I suggest you just experiment with changing them - it's usually fairly logical.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chesid
Awesome! Now if only there were a way to set seasons-per neighborhood, so I don't have to shut off winter for everyone when I just want it shut off in Lucky Palms.

Ya can, at main menu before loading a hood, go to options set the days and seasons, that will be your default, for all hoods

then load a hood, and in options set what each season length ya want for that hood and which seasons will be on

I have my default set to 12 days, but 1 hood set to no winter and 20 days for other 3 seasons

1 hood is set to max 28 days per season, but gonna dl this mod and change the max in each hood
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wildone1969
Ya can, at main menu before loading a hood, go to options set the days and seasons, that will be your default, for all hoods

then load a hood, and in options set what each season length ya want for that hood and which seasons will be on

I have my default set to 12 days, but 1 hood set to no winter and 20 days for other 3 seasons

1 hood is set to max 28 days per season, but gonna dl this mod and change the max in each hood

That's interesting, because I've done that, and it overrides for every single world/neighborhood. :/ I have winter going on in my Lucky Palms save right now, and when I turn it off for LP, it turns it off for all the others as well.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 2:51 AM
OMG really? This is cool, thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 11:47 PM
Do you have to have seasons or just a update?

If this is life then I want to "OUT"
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:22 AM
I have all expansions and stuff packs, updated to 1.42, including Seasons

Chesid,
idk why it won't work for ya
works fine for me
just tried it and worked, 2nd day after getting Seasons, I preordered off Origin

Options at main menu still says my 'default' now 28 days, since I dl'd this mod
in my 1 hood, atm forget which 1, know it is the 1 that comes with Sims 3 or the free 1 ya dl, have Winter 21 days, Summer, Fall and Spring 84 days

My Sunlit Tides I have Winter off, Summer 84 days, Fall and Spring 14 days
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:55 PM
thank You this is an awesome mod, but I am wondering if one could be done for each season to last 50 days. EA max of 28 days is short but 84 days is way to long for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:56 PM
Yes,this is a quiet awesome mod but i suggest that you should create a mod that could longer the ages of the sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 9:37 PM
Just what I needed! I hated how quickly the seasons went.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiardguez
thank You this is an awesome mod, but I am wondering if one could be done for each season to last 50 days. EA max of 28 days is short but 84 days is way to long for me.

Sorry to be slow to reply. This mod has 84 days as a maximum, but that doesn't mean you have to use that. You can easily set the season length to 50 days yourself in the options if this is installed.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loyal_prince
Yes,this is a quiet awesome mod but i suggest that you should create a mod that could longer the ages of the sims.

With 'epic' agespan and the longest possible length to each age, you can keep your sims alive for a very large number of days. If you want more, I suggest you learn how to make a tuning mod - the resource you need is AgingManager, in GameplayData.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:21 PM
Sorry I'm such a Seasons-nooby idiot, but the 20 Day Transiton give us the max84 days, right? What are the max#s on the other Transitions, please?
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
Sorry to be slow to reply. This mod has 84 days as a maximum, but that doesn't mean you have to use that. You can easily set the season length to 50 days yourself in the options if this is installed.

Thank you for the response, and yes I realized I could change it to 50 days afterwards
Inventor
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Nepomukl : 23rd Dec 2012 at 4:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by inf666ipi
I'm curious Kitty if this Mod would override my current setup HERE.

Cheers

I play the Sims with twallan's "Relativity" by set speed 1 and two day's/seasons
are long time. Realtime ~ 27 hours for one year

my speed is to set 3 not 1. Sorry, if I mean 8 hours
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 4:58 PM
I wonder if it's possible to actually have a full year in the game. 365 days. Of course, how would you balance the aging settings to accommodate that?

Nice mod.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Sorry I'm such a Seasons-nooby idiot, but the 20 Day Transiton give us the max84 days, right? What are the max#s on the other Transitions, please?

The maximum length is 84 days on all four versions. If you want a slower transition period (so the 5, 10 or 20 day transition versions) that means that the minimum length is increased (to 6, 11 or 21 days respectively), because I was worried there would be problems otherwise.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:40 AM
I like the summer so much, and i can't wait to used this in my game - thank you! (:
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 12:28 AM
ahm. I'm having a slight problem with your mod. I do like it an all... but the spot on the sims profile where it says how many days til the next season won't change. It remains at 7, no matter what I change it to in options. Is there any way to fix that? Thanks and I LOVE your mod!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:21 AM
I may have found my problem
Field Researcher
#23 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:35 AM Last edited by IceSilverCrystal : 15th Feb 2013 at 6:22 PM.
Nope guess not. I thought I could change it from the main menu and fix it. It also screws up the lunar cycle. How do I uninstall?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 10:53 PM
ahm... okay...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
Nope guess not. I thought I could change it from the main menu and fix it. It also screws up the lunar cycle. How do I uninstall?

You can uninstall the mod by deleting it from your Mods/Packages folder - it's a tuning mod and won't leave any mess behind.

I'm sorry it's not working for you: I've had difficulties changing how many days are left in a partially completed season, but it always works for me for a new season. Does shifting the current season on to the next one with testingcheats help?

I don't know why the lunar cycle should be having problems as this mod shouldn't affect it. What's going wrong?
Page 1 of 2