Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacement for Monarch, Ferns, Wisps and Dragonfly Fairy Wings

by Merkaba Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2014 at 8:50 AM by Merkaba

118 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:38 PM
Wow! These are really beautiful! Excellent job!:D

Will they show up for fairies that are already made?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:05 PM
Simply amazing! I've always thought that EA's wings looked a little flat.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:38 PM
wonderful!! but plz..could you make them as non-replacement?? tnx cuz i like default too xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:57 PM
OMG, finally someone has found out how to mod the wings! They look wonderful! Do you mind sharing the process?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 3:52 AM
I agree with AlfRider. These are absolutely beautiful, even more so than EA's, but I like EA's enough that I want to leave them in. Is it maybe possible to edit them to be non-default in s3pe?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 6:14 AM
Great job! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 6:45 AM
You did an amazing job. I actually don't care for most of the default wings for fairies that came with seasons. I would however like the option to choose so if it's possible to do a non-default version that would be awesome :D

Check out my simblr: Stumbling Through The Nevernever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:19 AM
these are amazing and so beautiful!!! can't wait for it to show in my game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:43 AM
I don't really know yet how to make them non default. But when I find out I sure will upload such version also yes, they will show up for existing fairies. Glad y'all like them
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:06 AM
I'll be right in line to get these as soon as they're non-default

I like variety ^_^ not too fond of EA's stock, I'll grant you, but they do allow for a wide variety

these wings will give even MORE choices :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:40 AM
I've been waiting for more wing options! You've started my year off on a good note! I'll take these, and hopefully someone will come up with non-default versions if you haven't the time or inclination.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:59 AM
tnx, ill download the non-default version when it ll be possible^^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:19 PM
Ooh, I love these- especially as defaults.

They're much prettier than the defaults, and take advantage of that whole ethereal style the wings have.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:38 PM
These are SO beautiful! I liked the EA wings, and when I sawy this download I thought: OK, I'll download it if it has a no default version. But when I saw these wings, I changed my mind.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 3:54 PM
Please make them as non-replacement! They're awesome!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 4:32 PM
This is awesome! I've been thinking of doing this but I had no idea where to start. How did you do it? I was thinking of doing angel wings using fairy wings as base.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 5:15 PM
Very nice! I was trying to find the time to experiment with whether the wings effect could be changed, and now someone has indeed done it! Good to have some added variety in the wing patterns, very pretty!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 5:21 PM
Thank you very much
Scholar
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Merkaba
I don't really know yet how to make them non default. But when I find out I sure will upload such version also yes, they will show up for existing fairies. Glad y'all like them

Thank you very much! These are truly beautiful, and I can't just leave them out of my game

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:55 PM
Heh, I bought Supernatural about 4 weeks ago and that got me playing TS3 again for the first time in a year and a half.

I had done a lot of digging myself 3 weeks ago about editing the wings, and I found the wing img files after a lot of work (weren't where I thought they were), and successfully changed them myself, but when I tested them, I couldn't change the effect patterns. (My simple test was to switch two wing styles I hated, bumblebee and wisp). The result was that I had ghostly wisp wings with no sparkles, and small bumblebee wings with sparkles that were dense enough to impress viewers of the default wisp wing design.

I couldn't even try to change the effect patterns because for some reason I can't get the effects cloner to work on my computer.

I looked at these briefly and I see that you have the same problem I have with the sparkles. I'm glad someone else is taking a stab at them.

My actual desire is for bird/angel shaped wings. Those are some neat stock images you used, and looking over them, my favorite and closest to what I have in mind would be the Flame Fairy Wing. But I'd like it to look good and replace one of the 3 patterns I hate most (if I can't add it without replacement, which probably isn't doable), and that's going to need some sparkle editing if at all possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darlatan
Heh, I bought Supernatural about 4 weeks ago and that got me playing TS3 again for the first time in a year and a half.

I had done a lot of digging myself 3 weeks ago about editing the wings, and I found the wing img files after a lot of work (weren't where I thought they were), and successfully changed them myself, but when I tested them, I couldn't change the effect patterns. (My simple test was to switch two wing styles I hated, bumblebee and wisp). The result was that I had ghostly wisp wings with no sparkles, and small bumblebee wings with sparkles that were dense enough to impress viewers of the default wisp wing design.

I couldn't even try to change the effect patterns because for some reason I can't get the effects cloner to work on my computer.

I looked at these briefly and I see that you have the same problem I have with the sparkles. I'm glad someone else is taking a stab at them.

My actual desire is for bird/angel shaped wings. Those are some neat stock images you used, and looking over them, my favorite and closest to what I have in mind would be the Flame Fairy Wing. But I'd like it to look good and replace one of the 3 patterns I hate most (if I can't add it without replacement, which probably isn't doable), and that's going to need some sparkle editing if at all possible.

This is why I didn't make a replacement for bumblebee (but also because the IMG is too damn small to get anything good looking) and swirly wings (could find any fractal for that stupid effect). Now I should finally start studying for finals, so unless someone solves the effect + nondefault problems I'll get back to them in February.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darlatan

I've been digging myself and found that some of the sparkles and effects are separate _img files as well. There's a wing transparent file, and a wing opaque file, ect that all probably come into play.

I found a couple modders talking about fairy wings on a different site, and their consensus was that the wings are FX, and while we can replace the default texture, there's no good way to clone and add FXs to the game at the moment.

Good hunting for the solution guys

If I was capable of recreating what's in my head, the world would be screwed.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:33 AM
Wow! Nice job I'll take these over the defaults, thanks much more organic looking and less cartoony.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 3:14 AM
Is there any way to get the faery wings to show up not at all? Like, say, the Bumblebee Wings. They are my least favorte, as they are so frikkin small, especially behind big hairstyles. Could a mod be created that makes them utterly invisible?
Page 1 of 5