Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Catalog Cleanup Mod V2

by Phaenoh Posted 4th Jan 2013 at 8:17 AM - Updated 31st May 2013 at 6:43 PM by Phaenoh

138 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 11:30 AM
Thank you! As a inveterate downloader of everything that moves, I need this mod so badly...and going into SimPE to resort everything was a daunting task!

You did save me that awful fate. Thanks for the updating!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 12:10 PM
I knew I had you down as a fave creator for good reason! Yet another great mod here! Thanks so very much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:35 PM
I went thru the screenshots and everything makes perfect sense now! I'm downloading this mod right away. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 2:11 PM
Im happy with the things they are now, but this is great, still im not going to download it
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 2:17 PM
Hm, it doesn't work as it should for me :/ Most of the stuff remained unchanged, like none was moved to Athletic category, or to Cars; same for Garage and Garden categories in Build Mode. Only a little table easel got moved to Creative tab, one set of bells - to Party stuff. I deleted all cache files thinking it might be the reason, but nothing changed.
What am I doing wrong? I have all EPs/SPs and moved the files to the directory you mentioned.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 3:20 PM
thank you so much! the open/close sign being in deco>misc drove me crazy!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 4th Jan 2013 at 6:32 PM.
Amairani, what OS are you using? Mac, XP, Vista, or W7?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:26 PM
Splendid idea! Unfortunately, saving the files in .../StuffPack did not work, either, but in .../Catalog/Bins they work just fine. I am loving it. Thanks for your effort you have put in it and for sharing!
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Amairani, what OS are you using? Mac, XP, Vista, or W7?

I'm using Windows 7. The files were put into C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack folder.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:38 PM
W7 has a weird VirtualStore thing it does to make stuff load faster, open up a search window and type in *VirtualStore. It will be in your C:\Users\YourName\AppData but by default AppData is a hidden holder so it's hard to find. Open this VirtualStore folder and navigate to your highest EP and delete the entire folder. I promise deleting this folder is 100% safe. It's like another cache file location for your computer. It will regenerate it as soon as you load your game. (It will load a tad slower the first time, but you only have to do this once.) I found this out because I am also running W7 and when I made changes they didn't show up sometimes, so I tracked down this cache folder.
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Amairani : 4th Jan 2013 at 8:05 PM.
W7 has a weird VirtualStore thing it does to make stuff load faster, open up a search window and type in *VirtualStore. It will be in your C:\Users\YourName\AppData but by default AppData is a hidden holder so it's hard to find. Open this VirtualStore folder and navigate to your highest EP and delete the entire folder. I promise deleting this folder is 100% safe. It's like another cache file location for your computer. It will regenerate it as soon as you load your game. (It will load a tad slower the first time, but you only have to do this once.) I found this out because I am also running W7 and when I made changes they didn't show up sometimes, so I tracked down this cache folder.

Thank you for the reply!
I found that virtualstore, there I had the Sims 2, Bon Voyage, University and Mansion & Gardens folders; I deleted the latter, started the game but still is the same, most of the items weren't moved to other categories as on your screenshot. Deleting cache files didn't help either. Maybe I should just delete those other three folders too in EA Games on virtualstore?

edit: I moved your filed to /Catalog/Bins folder as shineshine mentioned above and it works now! I guess it won't hurt to leave them there. Now I need to figure out how to add my downloaded CC to your files and sort them out into correct categories too.

Thank you for the wonderful mod
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM
Amairani, I'm so glad you got things working. I'll change my post to suggest the Bins folder be the first place people try (it's where I've got mine stashed too). As for your CC, the tutorial I wrote explains how to change CC as well, but it's dead simple - open up your CC, and in the OBJD pick a new catagory from the drop down box.

You don't need to delete your VirtualStore stuff again, it's likely already regenerated itself. It's prolly a useful thing to have around, loads the game faster, but if you are having problems getting program file game mods to work, they are a pain. If you ever decide to remove my mods, you will have to remove their VirtualStore copies as well.
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:53 PM
Amairani, I'm so glad you got things working. I'll change my post to suggest the Bins folder be the first place people try (it's where I've got mine stashed too). As for your CC, the tutorial I wrote explains how to change CC as well, but it's dead simple - open up your CC, and in the OBJD pick a new catagory from the drop down box.

You don't need to delete your VirtualStore stuff again, it's likely already regenerated itself. It's prolly a useful thing to have around, loads the game faster, but if you are having problems getting program file game mods to work, they are a pain. If you ever decide to remove my mods, you will have to remove their VirtualStore copies as well.

You're awesome, that's all I've got to say if to keep it short and simple
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 1:35 AM
I'm going to try this and if it works... then this is FREAKING FANTASTIC!!! If it doesn't then oh well It's still fantastic !
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:54 AM
do HAVE to download the packs I don't have?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 4:03 AM
Awesome!! Thank you so much!! and my Sims 2 Game Thanks you too :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 4:31 AM
Karlene Dachenhausen, DO NOT download the packs you don't have.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:32 AM
Brilliant!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 8:23 AM
Yes! Now it'll be much easier to decorate gardens and bathrooms. And I always search for the stupid CD towers and then just give up on them. Oh, and it have always annoyed me that computers were in the TV tab, so this is wonderful. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 10:21 AM
This is fabulous! I loved your first one, but this is /perfect/!
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 10:33 AM
For AL and BV, what's MG stand for? Is it a pre-version, like in your first mod?
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 12:14 PM Last edited by Popart007 : 5th Jan 2013 at 2:52 PM.
Hi.... you said "Install Instructions: Place ALL of these mods together in your most recently released EP or SP ‘Stuff Pack’ folder. [i]C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansions and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins. If that does not work for you, try placing them all in your Catalog/Skins or StuffPack folders. "

nothing work for me! what sould I do?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 2:31 PM
Karlene Dachenhausen, DO NOT download the packs you don't have.
THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:23 PM
Thank you! You are really a modding genious!
Page 1 of 6