Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 11:41 AM
Wait... so it's JUST the future now? I thought we were traveling to the past and the future and then using both to benefit our sims' time in the present. =/

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElementMK
Yeah, it occurred to me when I opened up TS2 yesterday. "Wait a minute, how did Mortimer get so old when he was just a- OHHHH NOOO THE FIRST GAME!"

New prediction! This TS3 expansion takes your Sims 25 years into the future and makes their free will completely useless!

I think they pretty much covered the "past" part with The Sims Medieval, and travelling to the present wouldn't make much sense if they were already there!

That means the only way to go is towards The Sims 2 The Sims!

I'm can't remember for sure, but isn't Sims 3 set before Sims 1 and 2

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#53 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by expectnomercy23
Just one word: Cyberpunk!

Where Sims meet magic and machine.

Shadowrun.

IMO, the reason why they probably dropped the historical aspect is because of the large amount of work programming consequences. You can do anything in the future, and it won't affect your current time, but if you change something in the past...well, it's hard to say what today's world will look like.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:52 PM
All it said is time travel, didn't say another planet. I would like it to be like Anno 2070's idea of the eco-friendly future.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:00 PM
I prefer only one theme created in the right way instead of 2 crap ones . The reason why they choose only future is because of the high amount of content and work this kind of theme would require.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:21 PM
And I'm sure they'd love to cash in on selling more Lunar Lakes and Futureshock sets too. Although I guess technically they have historical sets, but not nearly as much antique stuff in the store as the ultramodern glam stuff.

While I'm really looking forward (excited, even) to see how this new concept will work, I have to admit that I'm a tad disappointed it's future travel only. We seem to be getting a lot of "travel-esque" EPs coming up, I know people have mentioned this before but I really hope they'll do a major overhaul of the glitchy travel system. It's borderline game-breaking, and IMO fairly unacceptable to sell something that half the time doesn't work the way it's supposed to (and was advertised as! Isn't that somehow illegal??).

Sorry to complain, I've lost way way too many sims while coming back from a WA trip.
Inventor
#57 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:55 PM
I just heard that in addition to the EA store link the future will feature a permanent link to www.chicmove.com. (It’s 30% off for all items and you can pick up perfect gifts for your sis, although some items might be too cold to a party.)

This is not ad!
Alchemist
#58 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine
It's borderline game-breaking, and IMO fairly unacceptable to sell something that half the time doesn't work the way it's supposed to (and was advertised as! Isn't that somehow illegal??).

Seems like it to me, too. I would love to hear an answer to that one from a lawyer. Maybe "half-broken" and "some of the time" is okay? Yeah, must be a loophole in there somewhere.
Instructor
#59 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:16 PM
The only thing I'm looking forward to in this Ep is the potential modern build mode features & objects and furniture. I also look forward to it making modern houses easier to recreate/make.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
I'm can't remember for sure, but isn't Sims 3 set before Sims 1 and 2

I think it is since the first time Sunset Valley is played in Sims 3, Mortimer Goth is a child. In Sims 2 the first time Pleasantview is played Mortimer Goth is an Elder a few days away from dying of Old Age. In Sims 1 Mortimer Goth is an Adult.

There has been speculation based on Mortimer's different ages that Sims 3 was set 50 years before Sims 2 and Sims 1 was set 25 years before Sims 2.
One Minute Ninja'd
#61 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Seems like it to me, too. I would love to hear an answer to that one from a lawyer. Maybe "half-broken" and "some of the time" is okay? Yeah, must be a loophole in there somewhere.

It's called the EULA, and you clicked the "I read and accept these ridiculous terms of use to proceed with actually installing this bug ridden, moth eaten, piece of crap software that is not promised to work in any way, shape, or form by the maker of the software" button. You know, the agreement that if you don't agree to, you can't install the thing at all.
Alchemist
#62 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
bug ridden, moth eaten, piece of crap software that is not promised to work in any way, shape, or form by the maker of the software" button.

Oh, that... well, if you want to get all picky 'n stuff. *huff-sniff*
Mad Poster
#63 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:49 PM
*Still having Eskie love today* Weeee!!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#64 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
*Still having Eskie love today* Weeee!!!

Whelp... you should just come right out and say it. Look at you, hiding behind those asterisks. Tsk, tsk.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Whelp... you should just come right out and say it. Look at you, hiding behind those asterisks. Tsk, tsk.

Can't help it, I love dry, sarcastic humor. Eskie had me cracking up today.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#66 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 1:18 AM
It's nice to know a few folks like my dry wit. Too bad my 3 exe's never quite got it. OTOH, you should see the tag team I can get going with my daughter. We can drive her mother (ex #3) insane for days at a time. Good thing her mother can't divorce her, just threaten her with bodily harm.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 8:24 AM
It's nice to know a few folks like my dry wit. Too bad my 3 exe's never quite got it. OTOH, you should see the tag team I can get going with my daughter. We can drive her mother (ex #3) insane for days at a time. Good thing her mother can't divorce her, just threaten her with bodily harm.

Haha, I grew up with the same situation, my Dad was a quick, stabby, dry sense of humor and my Mom didn't always get it. I did. Got us both in lots of trouble. I don't think my Mom had a sense of humor.

Alchemist
#68 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:22 AM
My parents were blessed with wit, too, and my brother. His wife, however, thought we were spawns of hell.
(Oh God, it really hurts to watch someone without a sense of humor).
She once said, "You'd say this, wouldn't you?" Then she used the exact words we would have... and it sounded like pure venom. Right words, totally wrong take on it. I'm still mystified as to how she could have heard things that way all those years.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 11:53 AM
It's called the EULA, and you clicked the "I read and accept these ridiculous terms of use to proceed with actually installing this bug ridden, moth eaten, piece of crap software that is not promised to work in any way, shape, or form by the maker of the software" button. You know, the agreement that if you don't agree to, you can't install the thing at all.

The EULA can't actually override your statutory rights though, albeit those rights will differ according to what country you're in and what the laws of that country are.

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Forum Resident
#70 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 4:02 PM
Not so enthused by the concept of this EP, but it will be nice to make Lunar Lakes into a proper futuristic world. The lack of hover-cars bothers me more than anything.
Scholar
#71 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Not so enthused by the concept of this EP, but it will be nice to make Lunar Lakes into a proper futuristic world. The lack of hover-cars bothers me more than anything.

LOL

The non-lack of big lemons and sloppy jalopies bothers me. I can deal without hover cars (though they would be nice), if the Sims would just walk places and use the (modded to look like Lunar Lake rabbithole) subways.
One Minute Ninja'd
#72 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
LOL

The non-lack of big lemons and sloppy jalopies bothers me. I can deal without hover cars (though they would be nice), if the Sims would just walk places and use the (modded to look like Lunar Lake rabbithole) subways.

Actually, it was the wild, stray horses and racoons on a "Lunar outpost" that really broke immersion for me. Although, I did like the use of rabbit holes in it. A lot less space for lots that you disappear into anyways. Besides, now we can grab UFOs' from buydebug if you have Seasons. Speaking of which, do they get rain, snow, and hail on the moon (another immersion breaker if there ever was one)?
Scholar
#73 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:36 PM
Actually, it was the wild, stray horses and racoons on a "Lunar outpost" that really broke immersion for me. Although, I did like the use of rabbit holes in it. A lot less space for lots that you disappear into anyways. Besides, now we can grab UFOs' from buydebug if you have Seasons. Speaking of which, do they get rain, snow, and hail on the moon (another immersion breaker if there ever was one)?

Yeah, but NRaas Register lets me turn off the horses and the racoons, even the deer. But the cars-- and after SN, broomsticks... which by the way really ticks me off. Non-witches should not be allowed to ride broomsticks. And they should not be able to get them free. Sick and tired of my actives, even, pulling a broomstick that I didn't buy them out their arse.... sorry/rant off.

Yeah, Lunar Lakes gets weather, though I suppose you could turn it off.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:33 PM
...if you have Seasons. Speaking of which, do they get rain, snow, and hail on the moon (another immersion breaker if there ever was one)?

The concept of "weather" is not exclusive to earth you know. Other worlds and moons have weather.
And be it an earth type world capable of supporting human life, OR a world being terraformed into one such... it would still have rain, snow, hail etc.

Add me as a friend in the Sims:
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Zagreus74
Theorist
#75 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marcusprime
The concept of "weather" is not exclusive to earth you know. Other worlds and moons have weather.
And be it an earth type world capable of supporting human life, OR a world being terraformed into one such... it would still have rain, snow, hail etc.

Not always though, lots of moons don't have weather, and some planets capable of any life have another extreme of weather or none at all. I believe Earth is probably the only "norm" in terms of weather.
Page 3 of 65