Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Living Large on a Tiny 1x1 Lot2

by eliseluong Posted 17th Jan 2013 at 3:54 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2021 at 2:19 PM by eliseluong

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 2:29 PM
As an Apocalypse challenge fanatic very used to being limited to 8x8 towers to live in, I really like what you've done with this lot!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 8:58 PM
Stripped of everything, it's around 25K simoleans, not quite a starter.

Thank you! I do like the outside stairways, and since the bedroom floor has a bath as well, on a wintry day, one won't have to run outside in the altogether after a shower :o)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 3:42 AM
The spiral stairs are expensive, a lot more expensive than the other modular stairs I used in the previous house. I just wanted to try something different. I think the money is well spent because there is almost no traffic jam even when my sims have 5 visitors on the lot. Thanks for liking this house anyway.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 11:25 AM
Absolutely love your lots! Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 5:42 PM
This looks amazing however I only have Uni, Pets, NL, OFB, Seasons, BV and Family Fun stuff. I am amazed by this lot but I am quite worried about what will happen if I was to use it in-game, If someone could tell me if anything would happen thanks in advance.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:16 PM Last edited by eliseluong : 13th Sep 2019 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheBaconInTheDark
This looks amazing however I only have Uni, Pets, NL, OFB, Seasons, BV and Family Fun stuff. I am amazed by this lot but I am quite worried about what will happen if I was to use it in-game, If someone could tell me if anything would happen thanks in advance.

You don't have to worry about the SPs, you may find objects missing but you can replace them with what you have. The only thing I would worry is the AL, I am not so worried about Seasons either if your sims don't mind the outdoor stairways. In the past I have downloaded houses from other creators that have Seasons to use in my game (I don't play Seasons). I didn't have much issue except wall papers or floors missing here or there, I just replaced with what I have. My suggestion is that you should make a backup of your entire game first, then try to install this house, if it doesn't work, then delete it, use your back up. If it works, that's great. First make a back up before you try anything.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 2:24 PM
Amazing! Keep it up!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 7:50 AM
Love it thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 7:15 PM
Looks great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 9:15 PM
Looks very good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 6:46 AM
LOVE love love this little lot! So much livable area packed into a small lot. LOVE it!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 4:51 PM
I am glad you all love this house, it does live up to its expectation, i.e. living large on a tiny 1x1 lot, it really did take me a lot of brain juice to utilize every square on the lot. It makes me feel good when people love it, because my hard work is not wasted.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 9:15 PM
This is so cool and creative for so little~ Excellent :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:05 AM
Is that a rooftop pool? I tried to build one before with no success, looked at a tutorial, it didn't work. How did you build a pool on the roof? please

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- J. Krishnamurti
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:41 AM Last edited by eliseluong : 9th Mar 2013 at 6:24 AM.
Yes, it is a rooftop pool. It works, sims will dive in, swim, and gain body skills. Visitors love to dive in too. The water sound effect is as real as a real ground pool. Because there is no real water in it, therefore, there is no pool water wave, but there is water motion around the swimmer while he is swimming. I figured it out by trial and error, and didn't follow any tutorial. So, I don't know which tutorial you were talking about that was not working. I can look at it if you provide me a link to that tutorial.
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eliseluong
Yes, it is a rooftop pool. It works, sims will dive in, swim, and gain body skills. Visitors love to dive in too. The water sound effect is as real as a real ground pool. Because there is no real water in it, there is no pool water wave, but there is water motion around the swimmer while he is swimming. I figured it out by trial and error, and didn't follow any tutorial. So, I don't know which tutorial you were talking about that was not working. I can look at it if you provide me a link to that tutorial.

I can't find the link... it was in the sims, I have it on a word document and can send it to you if you like, I'm not sure how to do that though, email? anyway, would love to learn how to do that

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- J. Krishnamurti
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 6:45 AM
You can send me a private message and try to attach the file. I'll take a look at it. Did your sims try out my rooftop swimming pool? Does it work in your game?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th May 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thank you