Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biometric Wall Safe

by Simoleon Real Estate Posted 14th Jan 2013 at 4:29 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2013 at 12:45 AM by Simoleon Real Estate

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 4:33 PM
Thanks but I really hoped it was interactive.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 5:15 PM
I thought that for something that could win an "award," it would be interactive. Especially since the entire page leads you to believe it is until the last paragraph. It wouldn't even be that difficult to implement either, seeing as how there's another mod floating around to simulate a bank account. It's a nice image and for decorative purposes, it's great, but you really should have pointed out that it was only for looks much earlier on.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 5:45 PM
This is such a cool idea! Question: Is there any way to make it a storage item? That would give it a more realistic quality. Regardless, this is cool. Can't wait to try it out in my house!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 6:57 PM
Fun idea, even as a decorative object. The description is a bit misleading, but at least you'll be able to tell who's actually paying attention.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 8:46 PM
Neat! This will be great for stories.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 9:23 PM
Something that costs that much should get way more than +3 for Environment.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 12:28 AM
Just so you know, there are storage mods and moneybags-you-can-buy mods out there. Creating a functional would be nice.

If you want to. Just putting the idea out there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 1:12 AM Last edited by Simoleon Real Estate : 15th Jan 2013 at 1:29 AM.
josephdean21 - I dont feel that my post is misleading at all.. Let me point out a few things:

All of my uploads have "~Story~" sections - this is at the top of all of my posts, and is some sort of short story to add a little flair to my upload (in an attempt to make them less bland). With that said, everthing under the "~Story~" heading is exactly that... A Story. It is simply a make-believe history/description of the upload. I later clearly describe what you are downloading, and make no attempt to say that it is an interactive object in any way.

I would like to also point out that this is uploaded under the "BUY > BY FUNCTION > DECORATIVE" sections of this website... Clearly you would only find decorative objects here.

On a side note...

I wanted to also say that your comments on modding it further were a bit weak..
"It wouldn't even be that difficult..." I would like to challenge you to: go into a 3D rendering software, create a safe model, code the model to function in the game, code the various interactivity elements with the object and your sim, create the animation of your sim puting their hand up to the screen/scanning/opening the safe/placing and removing objects/etc.... Tell me thats not *somewhat* difficult lol.

Corylea - Dont laugh - I had no intention of adding an environment mod to this in the beginning - it saved over from the object I initially cloned, and didnt think to check that part of the code (as the initial clone isnt that expensive in the game). I found it during the play test, and thought I better add it to the post lol. I really didnt want the environment mod because I dont really feel that safes add to the environment, ya know... I mean, when was the last time you walked into a room and was like "Man.... I like your safe..." (say it in the Nacho Libre voice... I like your sweats...)

Dislogic - It would be amazing to make it a function safe, where your sim could walk up to it, open it, use it, all of that! As mentioned in my post to Josephdean, to actually create all of that is pretty in depth, and lets face it, I have a day job
I may explore the option of making it a clickable object - where its still a painting that hangs on the wall, but you can click on it to deposit/widthraw objects.

To everyone else, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to download another one of my creations - thank you all for your continued support!

~Simoleon
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 2:50 AM
This is great; I'm gonna use it right away!!

Could you make a burglar alarm version, too, please? :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 3:05 AM
Simoleon Real Estate: This is a great idea!! It fits right in with the Sims 3 style decor too!

For the people looking for a functional item: Around the Sims has a safe that stuff can be stored in. It's in the chest-like objects section.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:36 AM
Functional or not, I love it. Now my Alto family - the crime czars of my town - can have a nice, safe place to store their 2nd set of books. And all those incriminating photos they have of Nancy Landgraab, the mayor and all those other self-righteous sims Nick and Vita been blackmailing.
Thanks for making and sharing!
Inventor
#13 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 6:21 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 15th Jan 2013 at 6:32 AM.
LOL. I can't believe, i am working on a similar project.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 8:11 AM Last edited by JT` : 15th Jan 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simoleon Real Estate
Dislogic - It would be amazing to make it a function safe, where your sim could walk up to it, open it, use it, all of that! As mentioned in my post to Josephdean, to actually create all of that is pretty in depth, and lets face it, I have a day job
I may explore the option of making it a clickable object - where its still a painting that hangs on the wall, but you can click on it to deposit/widthraw objects.

Treeag's Storage actually offers a nice base class that you can derive from (using an OBJK mod only -- no scripting needed) to make objects into containers. I'll give it a whirl and report back if you don't beat me to it. =)

[edit]OBJD/OBJK, whatever... the keys are only 5 keys away from each other. ;-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 2:19 PM
Awww Man..I was hoping that it worked like the WA Chest but with security
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 6:26 PM
douglasveiga - Hahaha, thats awesome - sorry to beat you to the punch!
Lets just hope that none of the other projects I am working on are projects you are working on too lol!

All - thank you all for your feedback - I am pursuing a way to make this a clickable object for depositing/withdrawing items from it - making it more realistic. Keep your eyes open over the next couple of days - it should be uploaded soon. Also, I'll be releasing an update that has multiple safe options to choose from - retina scan, keypad, fingerprint scan, dial, etc. Stay tuned!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 6:18 AM
I could not believe the first few comments on here, how about a "THANK YOU" instead of complaining how something is not as you want it??? SHEEEESH!!! This is a lovely item, thanks for the hard work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 8:29 AM
I have to agree with AngieMFAK77. Seriously, be nice or don't say anything. It's a nifty piece for stories, which, btw, is clearly stated in the description. Cheers for the work, it looks great
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 6:46 PM
AngieMFAK77 and Tigerdyhr - Thank you for the kind words! Its always funny when some idiot gets on here and starts complaining about peoples creations with ways they should have done it.... especially when they themselves have never contributed to the website with any creations... I feel bad for these people - their lives must be pretty blah.

ALL - again, thank you to all that downloaded, and to everyone who knows how to read and understood the idea behind this post... Apparently it was harder for some to grasp than I thought it would be lol! Cheers!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 2:13 PM
I certainly agree that people shouldn't be rude when posting comments, but I think that if the title of your creation had been "A Wall Safe Painting" then you wouldn't have gotten any negative comments at all, rude or otherwise! Yes, people should read but if a creation"s title leads to a certain expectation and the description belies that, there might be misunderstanding.
Anyway, as a painting this doesn't interest me but as an "actual" safe, it does, so thanks for working on a functional version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 5:01 PM
Really cool idea, this is a great decorative object for the rich sim who has it all and still needs a little bit more If anyone wants it to function in a different way, I'm sure you could easily ask for the creator's permission to use the object in your own modding project to make it functional, this saves you the trouble of making a new mesh!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 9:27 AM
Thats so cool, great job.
Txs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:29 PM
thank you lol decorative should have been having functions thanks anyway good job :-D
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simoleon Real Estate
josephdean21 - I dont feel that my post is misleading at all.. Let me point out a few things:

All of my uploads have "~Story~" sections - this is at the top of all of my posts, and is some sort of short story to add a little flair to my upload (in an attempt to make them less bland). With that said, everthing under the "~Story~" heading is exactly that... A Story. It is simply a make-believe history/description of the upload. I later clearly describe what you are downloading, and make no attempt to say that it is an interactive object in any way.

I would like to also point out that this is uploaded under the "BUY > BY FUNCTION > DECORATIVE" sections of this website... Clearly you would only find decorative objects here.

On a side note...

I wanted to also say that your comments on modding it further were a bit weak..
"It wouldn't even be that difficult..." I would like to challenge you to: go into a 3D rendering software, create a safe model, code the model to function in the game, code the various interactivity elements with the object and your sim, create the animation of your sim puting their hand up to the screen/scanning/opening the safe/placing and removing objects/etc.... Tell me thats not *somewhat* difficult lol.

Corylea - Dont laugh - I had no intention of adding an environment mod to this in the beginning - it saved over from the object I initially cloned, and didnt think to check that part of the code (as the initial clone isnt that expensive in the game). I found it during the play test, and thought I better add it to the post lol. I really didnt want the environment mod because I dont really feel that safes add to the environment, ya know... I mean, when was the last time you walked into a room and was like "Man.... I like your safe..." (say it in the Nacho Libre voice... I like your sweats...)

To everyone else, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to download another one of my creations - thank you all for your continued support!

~Simoleon

thanks xdxdxdx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:31 PM
NIce work
Page 1 of 2