Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 4:54 PM
The thing is I haven't installed a patch since 1.47 (1.48 doesn't address anything I could possibly have any issues with anyway).

I have done no incremental patching, the current installation was a completely fresh installation/superPatch.

Riverview WAS working, even after I had installed CC Magic.

I'm not sure when the Store Content items disappeared, including Riverview and all or at least most of the Riverview items. Rock of Ancients is missing. I think all the buildings are missing but I still find the hay bales - perhaps those aren't Riverview items after all.

CC Magic has NOTHING in the Store Sims3Pack directory. The Launcher shows a LOT more content as having been installed via the launcher than I actually installed that way - including 8 lots that I recently installed via CC Magic. Except to install specific store content I haven't tried to install ANYTHING via the Launcher for over a month. Apparently CC Magic does something with at least some Sims3Packs that makes the launcher THINK it installed that content - I know for sure that those lots were installed via CC Magic yet there they are in the Launcher as well (the files show up in BOTH places).

All store content has disappeared except for my archived files. When I put those back in the Sims3/Downloads directory (Documents branch), the launcher sees those files and lets you try to install it, it tells you it DID install it, but the content is not there when you run the game. Double clicking the file to autolaunch the launcher also does not help. When you start the Launcher again, those files are still in the Downloads directory, but they no longer appear in the Installed Content tab. Running CC Magic after the Launcher now correctly puts the file from Downloads into CC Magic's Store Sims3pack folder (before it was deleting those files as if it THOUGHT they were already in that directory, yet when I went to look, the Sims3Pack folder was empty) but it still doesn't show up in the game. Launcher does not move those files from Downloads by itself though I'm pretty sure it's supposed to. It's supposed to put them in Installed Packages or something like that, I think, I can't remember for sure, it's been so long since I've had to use it for anything. I did look up the correct path for that folder and it doesn't exist at all. Perhaps CC Magic has changed where those are kept, I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like the launcher would know about that if it had though so ... the launcher is apparently failing to move those files if that is indeed what it is supposed to do during installation.

There are craploads of files in DCBackup which I believe are generated by the Launcher, again, more of those than the launcher claims to have actually installed.

Riverview.world now shows up in InstalledWorlds TWICE, once renamed to Riverview{1}.world. This is apparently the result of trying to reinstall it after it disappeared from the game.

I have no new mods installed. The only mods I have are
nointropackage
Nobuildsparkles (if there's a nodeletesparkles I'd like to have that as well)
AddAnyLotSize
a bunch of Twallan's mods
Granthes OMSP

Nothing new in there. All versions compatible with the 1.47 patch.

I do have a lot of CC but it has ALL been checked out with Dashboard and is being administered via CC Magic, except possibly for a handful of things I installed separately via the launcher before I got CC Magic (the extra content that appears in there notwithstanding).

I have 8 lots which were installed a couple of days ago, nearly all of them are senemm lots for Indian architecture (including the Taj Mahal). I haven't done anything with any of those yet. There is also a Thai Towers lot, one PralineSims lot, can't remember why I thought I wanted that, and a lot called Water Chestnut park, which I downloaded to get a look at examples of curved bridges, I think. I have not tried to actually place any of these lots or looked for them in the game even. I assume they should show up in the lot library tab under Edit Town.

The Taj Mahal lot required overrides which I installed under the Documents branch in Sims3/Overrides only I'm not sure that's where Overrides actually go - I moved them to Sims3/Mods/Overrides and it hasn't made any difference to this problem at least. The correct entries do appear in the Resource.cfg file to handle those.

I'm confused by the instructions at this post:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...=382520#Missing

I'm not sure those instructions are actually germane to the issue I'm experiencing as this is not the result of a recently applied patch. Also, it refers to the .dbc and .ebc files being in Mods/DcCache - all my .dbc and .ebc files are instead one directory level up in DcCache.

There is ONE .dbc file, and about 128 or 129 .ebc files, even though launcher only shows 65 total installed items. I don't know how these files are generated but looking at the dates of creation it would appear that a new one is created every time I try to install via the launcher. Some of these files are the exact same size so I assume the most recent ones are basically clones of the items I can't get to stick, created every time I tried to reinstall that content. In fact the most recent 2 were created at the time when I was attempting to yet again install the store content this morning.

Since they're not in the spot defined in the above tutorial, I'm reluctant to just delete them willy-nilly as I'm concerned that those instructions are perhaps outdated or otherwise not applicable here 2 years down the road.

Ummmm, let's see. What else might help to shed some light ... I'm running fully updated Vista. I stopped having crash-to-desktop after I disabled the Origin software (which I consider to be malware anyway). The only questionable CC I seem to have is something in the shoes category that shows up as invisible feet in CAS but I don't know which file is causing that so haven't deleted it yet. I do have some medieval stuff that turns out to require one of the EPs which just shows up as untextured globby playdough-like stuff so I need to get rid of that. The only other stuff I've recently downloaded other than the lots and the store content (redownloads) is some facial hair.

Upon running CC Magic after it moves the store content file from Downloads to CC Magic's Store Sims3Pack directory, the item in question has totally disappeared from CC Magic's default folder (and I didn't move it). So its not showing up in CC Magic after an initial attempt to install it as well as not showing up in the game and disappearing from the Launcher's Installed Content tab. The file does still exist in CC Magic's Store Sims3Pack directory, so far at least.

I'm sooo confused. Not that that takes a lot these days.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:12 PM
Tried extracting one of the store content Sims3pack files to a .package file via Delphy's multi-converter. It still doesn't show up in-game and CC Magic doesn't recognize it as an object. CC Magic occassionally marks a file with the giant question mark that actually turns up fine in the game. If such files pass Dashboard inspection they always turn up in the game; this one doesn't. I didn't run Dashboard on it, as I didn't see much purpose in that.

I'm not sure Multi-installer SHOULD work with store content, but I think so. I know it doesn't work with worlds, I'm not sure about lots.

I'm kinda stuck ...
Field Researcher
#28 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 9:24 PM
Problem solved - just delete all your ebc files, re-install all your store content, and the problem goes away.

I do have this weird thing going on where the last icon in the list in Installed Content inside Launcher is always displayed as an empty box with a red x through it but all the content is there. Maybe there's a solution for that as well but as long as stuff is working in the game it doesn't seem to be critical.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:38 PM
I guess this is what the new patch is meant to fix.
http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...013#-1883702169

I was one who lost Monte Vista items. It's very efficient how EA doesn't patch store content until they're ready to release some new stuff, i.e., Aurora Skies next week.
Eminence Grise
#30 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 2:54 AM
Just a reminder: people with bugs should be posting them in separate threads in the Help Q+A forum (Help menu) That's where the technical people hang out. More likely to find solutions there. This thread is getting kinda spread out
Page 2 of 2