Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 9:11 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 25th Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM.
Default New Sets Coming To The Store August 2014 update pg. 119 Last Set of Sims 3
Posted in the thread by SimGuruTatortot:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/641935.page

A free Mardi Gras set, previewed one outfit (I DO WANT):

An 18th century, Georgian set that I hope will include build mode, a preview of one outfit:

I know TDC95 will be happy that the store team took up his petition.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 9:32 AM
Finally! I'm really happy for TDC95. He/she has been asking for this for quite a while. I hope it's everything he/she wished it would be I'm feeling excited for the hair.
The mardi gras outfit is a recolor of a base game outfit with a jester hat hair. I hope there will be something interesting and new.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 10:24 AM
OK, the clothes is base game, but I did envision that jester hair with another outfit. I love it! I do hope it looks good in the game.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:05 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:06 PM. Reason: FORMAT YOUR POSTS RIGHT, NO BRAINS
This + Skyrim's Cicero dance would actually be a dream come true.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 9:08 PM
Okay, I might have squeeed a bit on haivng more historical clothes available. If I am going to play a legacy I want it to look like a legacy through the years. Specially if you can then do portraits to hang around the home.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:10 PM
I don't need more themed clothes I won't use; but more furniture that I also won't use can usually sucker me in.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:44 PM
the thought of a set inspsired by 18th century makes me smile a lot. might actutally be interested in getting that set~
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:55 PM
Erm... Don't want to burst the bubble but we already have Jester hats, an oooold huge hat hair available for male and female for free at the store. Here's the link for the male one: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=OFB-SIM3:19506 And for the female: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...ategoryId=11994
Yeah it's different from the new one but it looks more medieval-ish, the new one looks a bit... odd? We need more pics

That beautiful (rococo?) outfit would be puuurfect for a sim with the 'proper' trait ("chevaleresque" in french, beautiful name). Seeing the sim make his small reverence in it would be priceless! (well, 12 bucks in fact lol)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:58 PM
And now I have a five-stage plan for one of these sets. It goes something like this:

- Download 18th-century set with powdered wigs, etc.
- Make fops. Lots and lots of fops.
- Make Beau Brummell.
- Make dandies. Lots and lots of dandies.
- Sit back and allow one of my towns to degenerate into a perpetual dandy/fop brawl.

The fact that the rest of the town will be composed of bemused modern sims is irrelevant. This is going to be hilarious.
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
And now I have a five-stage plan for one of these sets. It goes something like this:

- Make Beau Brummell.
- Sit back and allow one of my towns to degenerate into a perpetual dandy/fop brawl.

The fact that the rest of the town will be composed of bemused modern sims is irrelevant. This is going to be hilarious.

All I can think about is it being a "Black Adder"-esque version of the Scumthorpes.

...and that is not a bad thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
All I can think about is it being a "Black Adder"-esque version of the Scumthorpes.

...and that is not a bad thing.

Actually, you raise a good point there:

Now we can make Blackadder III sims.

Quick, somebody figure out how to make a decent sim of Rowan Atkinson! You can release a sim Mr Bean on here in the meantime! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Erm... Don't want to burst the bubble but we already have Jester hats, an oooold huge hat hair available for male and female for free at the store. Here's the link for the male one: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=OFB-SIM3:19506 And for the female: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...ategoryId=11994
Yeah it's different from the new one but it looks more medieval-ish, the new one looks a bit... odd? We need more pics

That beautiful (rococo?) outfit would be puuurfect for a sim with the 'proper' trait ("chevaleresque" in french, beautiful name). Seeing the sim make his small reverence in it would be priceless! (well, 12 bucks in fact lol)

That is the reason I like the Mardi Gras hat. I owned one something like that one long ago, and I just like them better than the medieval one. I think it is cute. I am not into medieval stuff anyway, so I am turned off to it. Sorry.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
That is the reason I like the Mardi Gras hat. I owned one something like that one long ago, and I just like them better than the medieval one. I think it is cute. I am not into medieval stuff anyway, so I am turned off to it. Sorry.

Just a note for accuracy, that outfit is not from medieval but Georgian era. It's about 400 years later.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiatyn
Just a note for accuracy, that outfit is not from medieval but Georgian era. It's about 400 years later.

I wasn't writing about the outfit from the 18th century set. I am speaking about the jester hat hair from the Mardi Gras set. That is all I was writing about. Minimimi said the jester hat she linked to in the store was medieval and I was answering back that I like the one coming out, not the one in the store that she linked to.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:38 PM
I'm nowhere expert in medieval or historical trends, I just wanted to remind yall that we already have jester hats because I figured since they're extremely old downloads everyone would have forgotten about it by now! So if anyone needs jester hats for a party you already have an alternative.

lewisb40 you changed your avatar! That ragtime hair is lovely, one of my favorites hairs.
Theorist
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 1:34 PM
I second that! lewisb your new avatar is wonderful! Also, keeping on topic, I've just been waiting for an opportunity to use this:

As for me, I could always be persueded otherwise but I think I'll pass - I am just done with the dumb costumes that are always set for random/everyday. I had to recreate my entire TS3 folder and reinstall all my Store content and lots just to get rid of those idiotic animal costumes that came with Pets. And now I am so disgusted by those silly circus clothes that keep showing up on all my sims that I would uninstall them immediately...if only they would actually show up in the crappy launcher.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 3:33 PM Last edited by heaven : 3rd Feb 2013 at 3:47 PM.
CLP is gonna be pissed.

I agree that unless it's NOT enabled for random, don't think I would want it. Good heavens knows I don't want my sim in jeans and a tank, wandering the streets of Sunset Valley and then run into that guy. Costumes yes. Formal, perhaps. Vampires or ghosts or such who are living in the past, why not? But please dear God, do not enable this for random.

And a build set that goes with that would be much appreciated. The build sets are so incomplete that I'd love to get one that really comes together well. One thing that I miss most from my TS2 games is my cc from phoenix_phaerie. That stuff was AMAZING and I keep waiting for it to be converted to TS3.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I agree that unless it's NOT enabled for random, don't think I would want it. Good heavens knows I don't want my sim in jeans and a tank, wandering the streets of Sunset Valley and then run into that guy. Costumes yes. Formal, perhaps. Vampires or ghosts or such who are living in the past, why not? But please dear God, do not enable this for random.

I can totally understand why someone wouldn't want it enabled for random, but I would. It'd be fucking hilarious, especially with some of the other CC I have.

Jester hat, Jeffree Star "IT'S ONLY GAY IF YOU SWALLOW" tshirt, red miniskirt and high heeled boots. On a man.

Best Sim.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I am just done with the dumb costumes that are always set for random/everyday.

If you are familiar with S3PE you can fix that. If not, it's quite simple anyway.

1- Go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache

2- Open dcdb0 in S3PE 3- Sort by name

4- Find the THUMB and the corresponding CASP of whatever outfit, hairs, or shoes you wish to override.

5- Right click on the THUM and the CASP and "Export to file". To be organized, make a folder for them anywhere you want. You don't have to export the thumbnails but it makes it easier when you can see which file you are modding.

6- When you have extracted all the files you wish, close dcdb0 and open the next one dcdb1 if you have another one and export the files you wish.

7- Once that's done create a new file in S3PE.

8- Right-click on the white empty space and import from file. Import all files you extracted. It will ask you if you want to save the file after importing. You can do that now if you want. I name mine StoreCAS_Overrides and I save it in the folder where my exported files are as a backup. You can do that or not.

9- Once everything is imported, click on a CASP. You will see info on each CASP and the right such as:
Clothing: 0x00000005 (Top)
DataType: 0x00000008 (Body)
AgeGender: 0x00012030 (YoungAdult, Adult, Female, Human)
ClothingCategory: 0x0020002A (Everyday, Sleepwear, Athletic, ValidForRandom)

If you also do not think the item you are looking at should be in the everyday category or any other weird category you can change that.

10- Now look toward the bottom of S3PE and you will find: Hex, Value, Grid. Click on grid.

11- A dialogue will open up. Click on the + for ClothingCategory. It will expand your options. You will see everyday, formal, sleepwear, etc. Now you can go down to where it says Valid for Random and make that false. Once you made all the changes you want, click commit at the bottom.

12- Do this for all your CASP and then save you new package.

13- Put the file in your overrides.

All done. The reason you should make a file separate from your dcdb0, dcdb1, etc. files is that you don't have to worry about what happens to your game files if anything does happen with regards to patching and such. You have your file no matter what.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:08 PM
The user shouldn't have to go through hoops for non-random clothing. -_-

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:42 PM
Thanks MiniMimi and Tangie. *HUGS*

I agree with matrix, that is a lot of work, but I do need to do just that. Thanks for the tutorial, ViolettaVie!

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

- Make Beau Brummell.

Also:
- Make Almack's
- Make a legit 18th century "gaming hell" with rococo everything
- Make Vauxhall Gardens
- Create and play all the best pairs of Georgette Heyer couples/their families. (I partcularly want to create Frederica and her younger siblings...)
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 9:33 PM
Thanks MiniMimi and Tangie. *HUGS*

I agree with matrix, that is a lot of work, but I do need to do just that. Thanks for the tutorial, ViolettaVie!

You're welcome.

I wish we didn't have to do this but EA has a problem with categorizing things properly. The least they could do is give us options in CAS to decide what is for random and for what category.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 10:03 PM
Can I use your method to fix career clothes? I hate my sims have random, stupid sets where most times my sims are barefoot and have shorts and a bikini top. This is peeving me off the most.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 10:06 PM
Can I use your method to fix career clothes? I hate my sims have random, stupid sets where most times my sims are barefoot and have shorts and a bikini top. This is peeving me off the most.

Sure, the option for career clothing is there too. You can also choose outerwear but that is listed as unknown12.
Page 1 of 124