Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 8:25 PM
OMG, the Mardi Gras set is 24.37MB. For 2 outfits? What is in those feathers?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 8:38 PM
Maybe they didn't scale down the textures. Still... wowzers. O_O

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#53 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:04 PM
Is there any premium content with this set (sorry, I'm having trouble with the official site)?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:14 PM
Nah, I have been looking and didn't find anything. I bought the pieces I wanted from the Versailles set, some of it can be useful in my game.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:46 PM
Most of the furniture is useful, actually. I'm not so sure about that funky looking love seat though.

I, especially, love the candles. THAT'S how you put candles on a wall.

Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 11:09 PM
Aww no tea set
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 11:46 PM
Nothing in the furniture calls to me, which is surprising as I usually buy the furniture. I'll wait for a sale. What I did get was the pj's. I just love them, and would wear them in real life. My sims just don't have enough pj's.
Instructor
#58 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm happy yo have the Rococo set, so that user on the main site can stop begging for it. Like, really, it's good for him, but the Sims 3 in a contemporary game. Some of the items will look good in a few older homes, but as a whole, it will be out place outside of costume parties. And we all know EA aren't friends with the "invalid random" function of the items, so it will be a 95 degree day in Lucky Palms, and a sims will be dressed in a full gown, 80's make up, wig and swim flippers. At least if the majority of the items we got looked normal, the complaints wont be so plentiful.

Like... a Contemporary Comfort Kitchen and Bath. Something we can use? Please?

Well, this is Store content. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it, and if you do buy it as part aofa bundle deal to get a bunch of other stuff half price nothing says you have to install it.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 1:21 AM
I'm sorry for caring more about the series than do my wallet. My deepest apologies.

Scholar
#60 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 1:31 AM
This set (the 18th century style one) just makes it so much sadder to me that they decided to only take the future aspect of the Time Travel EP idea.

There's a lot of complaining about the potential of these clothing items ending up on random Sims combined with other inappropriate accessories. They are valid concerns. This is why I really wish they had gone with past time periods, so we could have one where the world would be set to dress Sims up like this.

It's a style I love, but it is quite impractical for the modern day The Sims 3 world.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#61 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 2:53 PM
Gah! I am so mad right now I could spit on EA! I just figured out that I can't recategorize my Store content without using a 3rd party tool to de-crypt the entire ddccache files first. Since I really don't want to do mess with that I am just left with uninstalling the damn crap. And first and foremost, not buying it in the first place. Or uninstalling the offensive bits and pieces and just downloaded the costumes separately and decrapping those.

I haven't heard whether the clothing for this set is set for random/everyday but they leave their craptastic stuff available for that at least half the time, so I'm not taking the chance until I know for sure. I would like the buy items though. Guess I just need to wait until they offer those separately.

There is a Base Game and EP content recategorizer here that worked great for me: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...pic,1589.0.html

So at least I will no longer have Mixologist's with riding helmets or wizard caps! That's a huge relielf.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I haven't heard whether the clothing for this set is set for random/everyday but they leave their craptastic stuff available for that at least half the time
Half the time is a correct estimation since the versailles set clothing & hairs are not set to random, however the Mardi gras female hair & female outfit is! And the outfit is set to everyday, swim & career, the hair has everyday & career I think. So you're warned: female townies will be appearing all around town with merely a couple of feather as everyday outfit & hair.
Mardi gras male hair is not random, EA must have showed some mercy there.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 3:01 AM
The most annoying thing about the Versailles set is that two out of the three male outfits are effectively unwearable in that the breeches are cut way too high to wear with the boots, and so you get a bunch of skin sticking out and it looks terrible. Of course, those outfits should really be worn with shoes and stockings rather than boots, but EA has never (to my knowledge) produced men's stockings. Would it have been so hard for EA to include thigh-high men's stockings (we already have like 5 versions for women), so that players can actually use their outfits? One wouldn't think so, but it is EA. I'm hoping that these socks will do the trick... once again saving the store items with CC.

(I'm pretty happy with the dresses and the hair, and I love the end table, desk, and dining chair especially. The world would be a better place without that loveseat, though, and the chess table is sub-par though not actually offensive unless you keep the pink color. I think I'll keep using the gothique and supernatural chess tables as my standards, though.)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#64 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 3:47 AM
If these socks use the same texture as aikea guinea's socks (which are linked by whiterider) they will probably do the trick length-wise but you'll have to deal with a vertically striped knit texture.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 11:11 PM
Should have been EP content, with a venue name, popcorn and the like. Here's to hoping it's not just a really big TV, because we already have one of those in showtime.

I do like the curtains and chairs, though.

Alchemist
#66 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 11:37 PM
That's a scene from the Kidz channel on TV, though right? My guess is it's huge TV.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 11:39 PM
Selling us content we already have.

I'll keep my oversized television set, EA, thank you.

Theorist
#68 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 3:24 AM
I wished MTS had a dedicated Store forum. :P

It's too bad the base game was produced back when HD wasn't as widespread. The video doesn't look good blown up. I think the curtains and lights may be part of the TV, making it different from the one in Showtime. And the curtains may animate when you turn the TV on and off. Unless the premium content is actually a popcorn maker that's not in the screenshot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 3:27 AM
First of all, I forgot about this thread, have to change the title.

Hmm, I have to see how I could use something like that for the new venues that comes with Uni. I would love to create a theater. Thanks, Matrix.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 3:32 AM
You're welcome.

Personally, I'd just get Showtime. People may not like what it has to offer, but if want a large screen TV (which is essentially what this is), just get that, and a bunch of other cool bits and bobs. That, or get CC.

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:25 AM
Didn't they offer a big TV in the level up basketball set?
Mad Poster
#72 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:30 AM
Yes, it's big, but there's larger. The Showtime TV is massive.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:33 AM
I really hate how they set it up to look like a open theater venue.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:41 AM
It looks a bit like the TV is really projection screen. Well, hoping it is.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 9:29 AM Last edited by kiatyn : 5th Mar 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Just a note, for those (like me) who purchased the Versailles set and found the knee britches to be annoying, Megativity13 kindly found for me these two tights, for men, to wear under the knee britches. Both are free, so yay.

Gah, I messed up the links, so sorry! Here they are:

There's a pair of thigh high stockings for men (free) at TSR
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ngs/id/1107673/

...and a pair of accessory leggings from the same creator
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...y%29/id/1089123

Edit: I finally got to try them out, and they work. Thank you, August Killjoy, for being a most handsome model. (He has the accessory leggings on, btw.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Page 3 of 124