Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:52 PM
Go figure,there's a damn glitch with the update.Reports coming into the forum its not completing & giving people error messages.That's a new one,the update is broke before WE get it....

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647876.page

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:59 PM
Any issues with this patch?
One Minute Ninja'd
#28 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
so...does this warrant a mod update?

Yes, it does.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Any issues with this patch?

Yeah,it fails while INSTALLING for EVERYONE......

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:03 PM
Ahhh..EA,like always
Eminence Grise
#31 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 19th Feb 2013 at 7:21 PM.
Evidently the launcher thought the patch was on the patch server before the file was actually there. My informant says "SimsVIP and Crin are having a tweetfest about it. Says that some of the files are starting to show up now...". You can find manual download links for the patch here: http://simsvip.com/2013/02/19/sims-...ate-1-50-21913/ . Or just wait a bit

This must be the Uni patch (because of the dumpster diving), so keep an eye out for other new content... might be patterns, walls + floors etc

Looks to be a major patch, so a couple of reminders for everyone:

- Patching guide http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:TS3_Patching

- Don't forget to remove any gameplay mods (core/script/scripted object/xml) before patching and verify compatibility or get updates before putting them back! Other stuff (hair, clothes etc) is PROBABLY ok, but be prepared for issues... if you have new problems, try removing ALL your CC and see if you can reproduce the issue in a new game before doing anything else.

- If you still have issues, post technical problems with the patch in the Help Q+A forum.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:03 PM
Quote:
Sims can now route properly on floor tiles built above a frozen water surface.
Hot Dog and Pie Eating contests can no longer ironically cause a Sim to starve to death.
Harvestable plants that are grown indoors can no longer become dormant or accumulate snow.
Harvestable plants grown inside biodomes will no longer turn dormant in freezing temperatures.

This along with the base game fixes make me have a happy. Although I have to wait until my mods are somewhat updated, I can't wait to play my game now.

Every since I seen the commercial dumpsters from the base game, I was bummed there was no interactions with them. Those items screamed to have something enhancing the game play. When I saw the trailer and there was dumpster diving in the first few seconds, I worried that EA would introduce another dumpster in the game that would have the interactions, this patch surprised me about that.

EDIT: Glad having to wait for mod updates saved me from this patch frustrations.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:05 PM
*EA creates patch to fix broken game*
*Patch is broken*
*Currently creating a patch for the patch*

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
This must be the Uni patch (because of the dumpster diving), so keep an eye out for other new content... might be patterns, walls + floors etc

They ALWAYS forget to mention something that they've added to the base game, so it's likely that there's something else there, being it big or small.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:06 PM
i'm not emotionally ready to update all my mods again. lol
Field Researcher
#35 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:09 PM
I thought they smartphones would come with Uni's update?
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
*EA creates patch to fix broken game*
*Patch is broken*
*Currently creating a patch for the patch*

They ALWAYS forget to mention something that they've added to the base game, so it's likely that there's something else there, being it big or small.

oh ohh i hope they put in the smart phone thing. sorry double post
Scholar
#37 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:10 PM
Hehe,I install patch successfully
Mad Poster
#38 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:12 PM
^I envy you.

I believe smart phones are a Uni-only thing. It would make sense to add a smart phone to the BG, but a lot of it's features are linked to Uni. The most we could do, that's new, is text, which is a silent phone call. :p

Mad Poster
#39 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i'm not emotionally ready to update all my mods again. lol

Agreed. I might hold off on this update until Uni actually comes out. Or until Twallan is fully updated. Whichever comes first.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:12 PM
Wow! I just finished reading the list of fixes, it's so long! Hoping the ghost hunter is really repaired, I was really missing it Particularly happy with the dumpster new interaction (dive for FURNITURE? Really? <3) and the harvest plant fixes.
A lot of mods are now useless or totally broken by the patch (umbrella breaking, date calls) I think I will be cautious, remove & check each mod one by one. I'm a bit miffed they lowered the abduction chance as I never got one. Sob, yet another thing I'll probably never see without mods activating it; just like the meteors
Mad Poster
#41 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:12 PM
i already read that everyone has to get updated with the smart phone. someone was complaining about it being forced on them.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i already read that everyone has to get updated with the smart phone. someone was complaining about it being forced on them.

Lol forced? They act like the cellphone feature was such a big deal to begin with :P

Also: Can you guys imagine how big the Island Paradise Update will be O___O
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the free crap in the IP patch. :p

Mad Poster
#44 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:21 PM
I was still hoping there was a phone upgrade. Maybe it's a delay like the fuse boxes and AC units are being released for everyone now?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#45 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
^I envy you.

I believe smart phones are a Uni-only thing. It would make sense to add a smart phone to the BG, but a lot of it's features are linked to Uni. The most we could do, that's new, is text, which is a silent phone call. :p

Good thing too because I'm not ready to be parted from my Blackberry. It's a phone I use IRL so I'm cool with it. I'll be sad once I install UL and I'll wave a tearful bye bye to it.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#46 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
But this must be different from rummaging through trashcans and searching for scrap in junkyards. We already have those two things.

You can rummage through regular dumpsters now, not just trash cans/junkyards.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
I saw that the Maxis logo now appears when loading screen runs.

Good. At least I can take out No Intro mod for a while.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:34 PM
The patch installed fine for me. No errors at all.
Theorist
#49 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:37 PM
Superpatch is out.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/02/patch-1-50.html

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#50 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:15 PM
I....must....wait.....for.....Twallan.....to.....update.....first....!
Page 2 of 11