Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Yeah, its still the same, its actually this template:

Well I am having a slight problem here, I don't know how to change the face to the org. one using SimPE. Is there a tutorial on this so I can get this fixed, I want this hood to be a close to the org. one as I can get it.

Peni Griffen.

Quote:
One thing I didn't think of till the middle of the night last night when I should have been sleeping - Marka, did you also make sure the genetics are consistent in each family? CAS can be trusted to set it all up correctly if the family is built from scratch, but not when you import clones; and of course CAS never had a chance to connect Sarah and Alex to the Thompsons.

Where would I check on this and if wrong how do I fix it using SimPE, or a tutorial on how to do it.

Thank you guys for your time on this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 2:31 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 9th Mar 2013 at 4:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Well I am having a slight problem here, I don't know how to change the face to the org. one using SimPE. Is there a tutorial on this so I can get this fixed, I want this hood to be a close to the org. one as I can get it.

You might want to check this: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8127.0 Though, you should also what the others have to say.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:14 AM
It's hard to give instructions if we don't know where you're starting, and it can be hard to track down the right tutorial for what you want. However, since you've successfully manipulated memories and relationships, I'll presume you got to at least one of those through the More tab in the plug-in that shows you the data on individual sims.

The same More tab will take you to the Sim DNA for the sim in question, and will show you dominant and recessive fields for Features, Hair, Eyes, and Skintone. In each case, the value that expresses (is visible) in the pertinent sim is the one in the Dominant field, and the one that doesn't express is in the Recessive field. It's for the most part simple Mendellian genetics and is explained here: http://rikkulidea.livejournal.com/21779.html

Leave Features alone as it'd be easier to screw it up than to get it right without an expert tutorial, which I couldn't find when I wanted my Weiss children to have recessives for tiny alien noses. But by all means let me know if you find one!

What I did to fix the genetics in Widespot, which got broken when I had to start over with clones once, was copy/paste the text strings for the different kinds of genes directly from the gene fields of sims who I knew to express certain traits into my word processing document and labeled them, until I had text strings for all six eye colors (brown, dark blue, light blue, green, gray, alien), all four hair colors (black, brown, blond, red), and all five skintones (Skins 1-4 + alien green).

I also made note of which parents expressed which traits. For instance, Valentine and Angel Hart both expressed black hair and S3, but Angel has green eyes and Valentine has brown. All the kids have S3, black hair, and brown eyes, but given that their mother had green eyes each child should have either a green recessive or (if I'd wanted to go for it) a recessive for one of the other colors less dominant than brown, which might have been lurking in Angel's DNA. I left the genes in the dominant field alone, determined which gene should go in each recessive slot, and copy-pasted any that deviated from what should reasonably be there.

I never did quite get the intellectual grasp of skintone I needed to determine skin tone ranges, and wasn't sure how much it mattered, but since I had a copy of the original Widespot in which the only problematical skintones were in families that had been properly related in CAS, I just opened that backup in SimPE and made notes of the original ranges, then tweaked them in the final version. That way it at least won't be any more screwed up than the game would have screwed it up anyway. You don't have any families containing any complicated skintone ranges, so I wouldn't worry about those at this stage unless someone can give you a clear explanation of how they're supposed to work.

Generally speaking, you can trust CAS genetics on children who were achieved by rolling the pacifier in CAS, even if one parent is subsequently deleted (as Hamilton Beech's red-headed father was), but any children pulled out of the sim bin should be double-checked.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Site Helper
#29 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 1:54 AM
Can't you use Theo's Alternate Sim Surgery SimPE plugin?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3563.0.html
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 3:23 PM Last edited by marka93 : 12th Mar 2013 at 4:40 PM.
Yeah, its still the same, its actually this template:

After going back in my copy of Riverside hood, the pic you have posted is not the same as the one in the copy I have. Is your copy of Riverside Hood one of the first to be posted by Thsms204 or one of the last one. As I have come to know there is at least 3 dif. ones that he did.

Can you upload your copy of the org. Riverside hood and PM me the link please.

Peni Griffin I will double check the recessive to make sure they are ok before I submit this hood.
I have fixed all adults ages to show the time spent making babies.

Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 10:57 PM
marka, I'm using Thsms204 version of Riverside.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 11:44 PM
marka, I'm using Thsms204 version of Riverside.

Yes I know, but Thsms204 did the hood 3 times, I have the last one he did which is V2.

The first one only have about half the familys, the second one had all but 2, the last one has all the familys in it.

The V2 one I have show's to be the same as the pic I posted of Sam Jefferson, and is now in the hood. It was the same as his wife but I fixed that problem.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 9:04 PM
Okay, looked around a little in the updated version you sent me and am glad to see ages, random skill points, and some jobs as suggested; though Thomas Thompson's skills aren't adequate to have gotten him to Capt. Hero. Sarah Baxter isn't actually in a state of fury with Don but she's got an enemy tag towards and he wants to woohoo her, which definitely makes their opening interactions more interesting. I was disappointed that Virginia doesn't recognize Dina as the person she saw Don with - she showed up for their welcome wagon again. And the pre-existing crush tags in the Anderson household should suck the player right in - you immediately start wanting to stir the pot.

At first I thought you hadn't used the bios after all, as all the ones in the HUD are still blank; but then I saw you'd added them to the descriptions visible in neighborhood view. I think they'll be easy to overlook there, as you have to scroll down to see them.

Quite by accident I discovered that the Baxters' bathtub is in backwards. Don came home from work and threw a routing fit about it. Just turn it around so the faucet's against the wall instead of the window and it'll be fine.

I also looked at some of the genetics in SimPE. Have you just not done this yet, or are you having trouble figuring it out? Don should have a red recessive in order to account for Alex's red hair.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#34 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Yes I know, but Thsms204 did the hood 3 times, I have the last one he did which is V2.

The first one only have about half the familys, the second one had all but 2, the last one has all the familys in it.

The V2 one I have show's to be the same as the pic I posted of Sam Jefferson, and is now in the hood. It was the same as his wife but I fixed that problem.

Well the pic you shouwed was an original, so I guess thats how he should look like.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 2:20 AM Last edited by marka93 : 15th Mar 2013 at 3:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Okay, looked around a little in the updated version you sent me and am glad to see ages, random skill points, and some jobs as suggested; though Thomas Thompson's skills aren't adequate to have gotten him to Capt. Hero. Sarah Baxter isn't actually in a state of fury with Don but she's got an enemy tag towards and he wants to woohoo her, which definitely makes their opening interactions more interesting. I was disappointed that Virginia doesn't recognize Dina as the person she saw Don with - she showed up for their welcome wagon again. And the pre-existing crush tags in the Anderson household should suck the player right in - you immediately start wanting to stir the pot.

At first I thought you hadn't used the bios after all, as all the ones in the HUD are still blank; but then I saw you'd added them to the descriptions visible in neighborhood view. I think they'll be easy to overlook there, as you have to scroll down to see them.

Quite by accident I discovered that the Baxters' bathtub is in backwards. Don came home from work and threw a routing fit about it. Just turn it around so the faucet's against the wall instead of the window and it'll be fine.

I also looked at some of the genetics in SimPE. Have you just not done this yet, or are you having trouble figuring it out? Don should have a red recessive in order to account for Alex's red hair.

Yes I have not done the genetics yet, saving that for the last thing I do.
Is not 1 parent with red hair good enough to account for the red hair on Alex or do I still need to give Don the recessive red hair. I thought only 1 was needed to have it happen.

Done. (I will put there bio's in, I just wanted to put it also in the descriptions.) Done.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 5:26 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 15th Mar 2013 at 1:11 PM. Reason: Used the wrong word in the wrong place and got really confusing
Certain genes are more dominant than others. Black and brown hair are dominant over red and yellow hair, but black and brown are equal in dominance value to each other, and red and yellow are equally recessive . So if you have one black and one red gene, the black one will always be the one to express. If you have one black and one brown, or one red and one yellow, it's a 50/50 shot which one winds up in the dominant slot.

For Alex's hair to be possible, Don must have an unexpressed gene to pass to him that is not more dominant than the red gene passed down by Sarah. His recessive gene might be for yellow or for red. If he passes down his red gene to a child fathered on Sarah, the offspring will express red hair. If he has a blond gene in that slot, and passes it on, the child might be either blond or red-headed. If he passes down the black one, it will dominate Sarah's red gene, and the child will have black hair. So, you can leave Don's dominant gene black (value 1) and can give him either a blond (3) or red (4) gene in the recessive slot, depending on whether you want all their children to have either black or red hair, or whether you want a chance for one of them to come out blond.

Eyes work the same way, with dark blue and brown being more dominant than gray, light blue, and green. I'm unlikely to catch any inconsistencies in the eyes because it's hard for me to distinguish eye colors in most sims except in extreme close-up or in the change appearance or CAS screen; but you should assume somebody out there will notice, because gamers like to nitpick.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 11:57 PM Last edited by marka93 : 16th Mar 2013 at 4:08 PM. Reason: ADDING more info
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Sarah Baxter isn't actually in a state of fury with Don but she's got an enemy tag towards and he wants to woohoo her, which definitely makes their opening interactions more interesting. I was disappointed that Virginia doesn't recognize Dina as the person she saw Don with - she showed up for their welcome wagon again. And the pre-existing crush tags in the Anderson household should suck the player right in - you immediately start wanting to stir the pot.

How do you set fury in SimPE, this is one of the things I can not figure out. I will fix Virginia and Dina.

Back from some testing, Brandy's Bar will not function as a Bar unless you have at least 1 EP, then you must either replace the Bars or get other ones to take the place of them. In a base game your Sims can make drinks, also had to turn the bar stools so Sims could use them. (Base game does not have the right counter top.)

Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 10:18 PM
You can't; or at least, not anywhere I can find. I thought you could do it with the testingcheats, but it appears that I'm wrong. In which case, enemies, or playing the family long enough to make her furious with him, would be the best you could do, and no one can expect more than that!

Field Researcher
#39 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 12:50 AM
If you don't mind using a hacked object... the InSimenator can create or remove furiousness. Spawn the Quick Relations object and Choose the person to be furious with have them select "furious with them" and you will get choices of all the Sims on the lot... choose the one to be furious at. Or you can find the option on the InSimenator object and do the same.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittylynn74
If you don't mind using a hacked object... the InSimenator can create or remove furiousness. Spawn the Quick Relations object and Choose the person to be furious with have them select "furious with them" and you will get choices of all the Sims on the lot... choose the one to be furious at. Or you can find the option on the InSimenator object and do the same.

I tried that already. In a base game the option to set fury is not there, only hate and enemy is there.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 5:28 AM
Oh that's right... I think the ability to even be furious was from a later EP not base game... It's from Nightlife according to the Wiki.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:18 AM
Due to MTS2:Creator Guidelines/Lots and Houses This hood and Pleasantview has no chance to be hosted here at MTS.

Thank you to all who help bring Riverside to a better state than what is was. I will leave this tread open for 1 week for any one wishing to have this hood, just go here and get the download.
http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=29602.0
You may need to register there to see the post.
Site Helper
#43 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:24 AM
Which guideline is the problem?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Which guideline is the problem?

Most of the houses are box type and there not unique, there not special, and there no different than one's you could make in 5 or so min.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 2:25 AM
I have been wondering whether its being a recreation would cause an insurmountable gate to get over, but only the moderators can say for sure. On the one hand, your reasons for doing the recreation are legitimate and within the spirit of this place; on the other hand, once you start making exceptions to clearly posted rules it can really gum the wheels up with people looking to be exceptions, too, so it's a decision that could easily go either way. Did you read the guidelines and give up, specifically ask a moderator, or try and get rejected?

Anyway, don't despair. There's other places and ways to host the neighborhood, and you can add a site link to your profile or your sig for people to follow. That's what I'll do with Widespot if it doesn't get accepted here.

Site Helper
#46 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 2:49 AM
I agree... only the moderators can say for sure. The fact that you are recreating a neighborhood from EA gives you a lot more leaway. I honestly believe that you should try.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 3:28 AM Last edited by marka93 : 18th Mar 2013 at 2:32 PM.
I will try but the guide line are the guide lines, once they see the box style houses it will get rejected.

Does any one know how to get rid of the grid lines in Base Game only. The tab only gets rid of the overlays.

If this hood gets rejected here at least it is now being hosted at http://n99forumpaks.jfade.com/TempPages/Riverside1.rar
Site Helper
#48 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Mar 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Your argument is that you are recreating a Maxis neighborhood. Since Maxis created box-style houses, you had to duplicate that design.

This is also your argument for your sims. Your intention was not to create unique looking sims, but to recreate sims from existing pictures.

I always type <tab> then "r" for my pictures. I believe that "r" puts you into recolor mode and removes the grid lines.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:18 AM
Basically, what you're doing is you're bring back an extremely large 'unused accessory'.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Unused_accessories

And some of them are uploaded already by other creators.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda

I always type <tab> then "r" for my pictures. I believe that "r" puts you into recolor mode and removes the grid lines.

The R key does nothing in my base game, on a community lot that is, have not tried it in a live-in house.

Trying to use the R key.
Fraps.

In-Game.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: Useful info on hoods
Page 2 of 23