Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#51 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
The R key does nothing in my base game, on a community lot that is, have not tried it in a live-in house.
Try choosing the recolor tool, then. It definitely works in my game, since I used it to take pictures of my base game Moo's Mews community lots.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Try choosing the recolor tool, then. It definitely works in my game, since I used it to take pictures of my base game Moo's Mews community lots.

I got it to work using the terrain tool.

Thanks for your time.

Also I just uploaded Riverside for moderation.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:40 PM
Yay! Good luck.

And be patient. I submitted Widespot on the 6th and still haven't heard anything; and it's not nearly as big as Riverside.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#54 Old 22nd May 2013 at 7:33 AM
This was funny and interesting to watch however I think I prefer the old ones
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd May 2013 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
This was funny and interesting to watch however I think I prefer the old ones

These are the old ones, I have clean and fixed them including the ones that were deleted from the old hood done by Thsms204.

If you still got the old hood done by Thsms204 then it is and has a lot of problems and can screw up your game.
Site Helper
#56 Old 22nd May 2013 at 4:39 PM
I really agree with this. You've done a fantastic job with this, both because you made it safe and because you added value in various ways. Have you tried uploading this, or have you given up on the idea?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd May 2013 at 5:52 PM
Yes Mootilda I have uploaded it way back in March and 2 have downloaded it to look at it but I have not gotten any replies or question on it.
Site Helper
#58 Old 22nd May 2013 at 6:44 PM
I was specifically wondering whether you've given up on uploading it to MTS. Where did you upload it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd May 2013 at 11:23 PM
"Creator Issues" Just like I was told to. 2 times it has been downloaded but I have not heard any thing from the downloaders at all.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 23rd May 2013 at 12:11 AM
To be fair it's a huge neighborhood but I'm surprised it's taking as long as this. I got very lucky on the length of time it took to vet Widespot, as I'd attracted the attention of HP somewhere along the way and she was on the lookout, so I wouldn't expect someone else (or me with another one) to get approved as fast as that did; but two months seems like plenty of time. I think it's time for a polite poke or two, maybe inquiring if you've done something wrong in the process that you can go ahead and address. There's patient and there's ridiculous.

I'm beginning to wonder if I screwed up again and passed unnoticed with the submission of the subhood version of Widespot, myself (which nobody else had even looked at, last I checked); but if they're having a problem vetting Riverside obviously I need to wait my turn. I can't seem to delete my old threads there, either. I wonder if something site-related is going on over there, invisible to submitters, that is causing an unusual delay in this case.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd May 2013 at 1:12 AM
I have did a "polite poke" and still no response from them, that was like 2 weeks ago.
Site Helper
#62 Old 23rd May 2013 at 2:46 AM
It's possible that they're busy with the new layout and all of the issues with that. I understand that the moderators were testing it before it was released to us all.

Is Riverside still in Creator Issues, or has it been moved to the upload queue? If it's still in Creator Issues, I'll give them a poke.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 23rd May 2013 at 4:46 AM
It's still in Creator Issues and thank you for your help Mootilda.
Site Helper
#64 Old 23rd May 2013 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd May 2013 at 9:34 PM.
I'd love to see this available to people. Let me see whether I can do anything for you.

[Update:] Not sure why they didn't move it to the queue, then use the standard method of asking for changes, but it's currently awaiting changes.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
His pictures do not meet the guidelines, and they need to be fixed before moving to the queue.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 23rd May 2013 at 9:51 PM
I really don't know what to do with the pics, I used fraps to get them with.

What program that is free I can use to get pics with.
Site Helper
#66 Old 23rd May 2013 at 9:55 PM
What's the problem with your pictures?

You might want to ask about programs in the WCIF forum. You'll get more views there than here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd May 2013 at 10:39 PM
I think I will just give up on this and let some one take over. It is way to much for me to handle.

I here by give my permission for any one to take over this hood and try to get it up-loaded to MTS. PM me if any one is interested in it and I will give over all files to it.
Site Helper
#68 Old 24th May 2013 at 12:55 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th May 2013 at 2:12 AM.
I'd be willing to try, Mark. Of course I'd give you full credit.

Another (better) alternative would be to create a joint modding group, which would give you proper credit for your work and allow both of us to access the upload. That would make more sense, since the work that I'd do is pretty minimal compared to all of the work that you did in getting this together.

You can see how that works by looking at MooChi, which is my modding group with Quatchi. Check with the old format. The Bootstrap format is broken.

Whichever you choose, I'm pretty sure that the moderators can just transfer the upload thread to the appropriate user, rather than starting from scratch.

I'm sorry that the upload procedure here is so difficult. I remember how hard it was to upload Brainania.

By the way, they didn't move the upload to the queue because they wanted to give you more time. Once it's in the queue, there's a time limit on changes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:21 AM Last edited by marka93 : 24th May 2013 at 2:37 AM.
Quote:
Another (better) alternative would be to create a joint modding group, which would give you proper credit for your work and allow both of us to access the upload. That would make more sense, since the work that I'd do is pretty minimal compared to all of the work that you did in getting this together.

Yes Mootilda I would be more than happy to have it this way. How do we go about it.
I did screwed up on the upload and uploaded the wrong one but that can be fixed easy.

This is what they said:
Quote:
*All the lot pictures are distorted, blurry, and taken from too high of an angle
*You have included two folders that are unnecesary (the pics from mootilda and thsm)
*Pictures need to show both residential and community lots. Do you really have a single community lot?

I have uploaded the right one now, the one I had uploaded had the wrong files in it.
It was still the good hood but with out the story telling folder.
Site Helper
#70 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:42 AM
First, pick a name for the group. Then, I'll get it attached to the two of us, and ask them whether they can move the thread to the group instead.

I haven't got any good ideas. The Riverside Group? Hood Makers? It can be anything, so long as it's unique.

Since we're working with existing hood views, I wonder whether a few of the more exotic lots should be turned into a couple of community lots? If you're really tired of it, I could do this myself. If I remember correctly, most base game hoods have:
- clothing store
- grocery store
- arcade
- swimming pool
- park
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:45 AM
"The Riverside Group" sounds good to me.

I will also be willing to take on other hoods that need the same type of fixing that I did for the Riverside Hood.
Site Helper
#72 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:48 AM
OK, let me try to get that set up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:02 AM
Quote:
Since we're working with existing hood views, I wonder whether a few of the more exotic lots should be turned into a couple of community lots? If you're really tired of it, I could do this myself. If I remember correctly, most base game hoods have:
- clothing store
- grocery store
- arcade
- swimming pool
- park

You may not have the last one I did for I made all 4-5 parks usable and there is 2 full community lots.
Site Helper
#74 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:16 AM
OK, so it's just really the pictures that are left to be done. That shouldn't be too bad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:24 AM
Yes as far as I can tell it is just the pictures that need to be done, and it is 3 usable parks and 2 full community lots.

I have tried 3 dif. photo programs and none of them do good.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: Useful info on hoods
Page 3 of 23