Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elven Fantasy Robe for (young) adult females

by Simlicious Posted 7th Mar 2013 at 8:50 AM - Updated 5th May 2013 at 1:06 PM by Simlicious : Updated bone assignments on hand

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:10 AM
Very pretty outfit. I'm a bit puzzled, however. In your first image you don't show the belt as recolorable, but in the second image it shows belts with different colors (or so they appear to me). Am I misinterpreting something?

Getting anyway. Whether the belts are recolorable or not, this dress will definitely fit some of my neighborhoods.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:15 PM
Oh, as a HUGE LOTR fan I really love this! Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Very pretty outfit. I'm a bit puzzled, however. In your first image you don't show the belt as recolorable, but in the second image it shows belts with different colors (or so they appear to me). Am I misinterpreting something?

If you look closely, you can see that the belts (and trim) have a black and white checkered pattern. It's tough to notice because they have a texture as well.

Gorgeous dress, I love that it's fully CASTable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 2:30 PM
This is great! I saw this on your blog and came here every couple of hours to see if I could get it yet! I love the detail on the belt, and the partial CAStable was a smart idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 2:45 PM
Lovely! :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 2:48 PM
This is gorgeous, and perfect for my story! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 2:54 PM
Lovely dress! thanks!
Btw, where do you get the hair style(with bangs) for the first model?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 5:09 PM
This is so lovely. I can never have enough fantasy/historical clothing.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:05 PM
Beautiful dress, love it!
Née whiterider
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:16 PM
This is gorgeous! Wonderful textures!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 8:33 PM
OMG I absolutely love this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 8:36 PM
This is beautiful! Thank you!

A favor: Could you please make another version of this, with the long sleeve part having a sheer texture instead? So we could add Lace patterns to it in CAP and have the dress look like Lady Galadriel's in LOTR?
Blenderized to Pieces
#14 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:41 PM
Nice mapping! Thanks for sharing!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee

A favor: Could you please make another version of this, with the long sleeve part having a sheer texture instead? So we could add Lace patterns to it in CAP and have the dress look like Lady Galadriel's in LOTR?

Murfee you can make the sheer recolor for yourself. Here's CmarNYC's tutorial Tutorial: Transparent clothing meshes- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:13 AM
Simply gorgeous! Congrats!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 2:33 AM
WOW!!!!!!!! I absolutely am in LOVE with this Elven Dress I don't know the game but it even fits my Skyrim game, so Thanks for creating and sharing!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 2:52 AM
I been a fan for a long time. my most favourite custom clothing creator! I admire and appreciate you attention detail and focus on qaulity in your meshes and textures.
I remember this dress from round three. Will you be uploading anymore of your lovely contest entries to MTS? Especially the gown from round 2. It's simply the most stunning dress for the sims 3 ever!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:36 AM Last edited by Simlicious : 8th Mar 2013 at 10:07 AM.
Thank you all for your nice comments!

Quote: Originally posted by murfee

That is a good idea! I'll think about it

Quote: Originally posted by FREEDOM_55
I been a fan for a long time. my most favourite custom clothing creator! I admire and appreciate you attention detail and focus on qaulity in your meshes and textures.
I remember this dress from round three. Will you be uploading anymore of your lovely contest entries to MTS? Especially the gown from round 2. It's simply the most stunning dress for the sims 3 ever!

I'm your favorite creator?? Thank you, you just made my day!
And yes, in fact, I plan on overhauling all of my contest dresses It could take a while, however.

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter

Getting anyway. Whether the belts are recolorable or not, this dress will definitely fit some of my neighborhoods.

Quote: Originally posted by zymish
If you look closely, you can see that the belts (and trim) have a black and white checkered pattern. It's tough to notice because they have a texture as well.

Yes, they are "faintly" recolorable, as the overlay is half-transparent to not loose it's effect, but is still recolorable. I made two golden overlays (on the red and red/blue dresses) and two silver/grey ones (on the green and purple dresses) that recolor even better. Just experiment with it

Quote: Originally posted by xinplicitii
Lovely dress! thanks!
Btw, where do you get the hair style(with bangs) for the first model?

The hair with bangs is Cazy's Moonchild (a free hair) and I used thatsimcray's retexture.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
#20 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:52 PM
This is simply beautiful.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Murfee you can make the sheer recolor for yourself. Here's CmarNYC's tutorial Tutorial: Transparent clothing meshes- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671

I've never even put a stencil on a t-shirt before -- is that tutorial possibly available in English, too?

Thanks, though! I'll just stick to CAP patterns, then. That's way too advanced for my noobtardation.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 5:01 PM
This is beautiful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:00 PM
Thanks! I have been looking for imperial-style clothing for my "empire" neighborhood's palace sims. The gowns are beautiful. Thank!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zymish

Oh, I see now. Thank you for pointing that out. My eyes aren't very good anymore because of diabetes, so it just looked like the black and white pattern was part of the belt itself. Now that you explain it, I can see what you mean.

These dresses are very beautiful, and I can see how with all the variety we can do with them, how they will quickly become a favorite for me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:30 PM
Anytime I can put fancy or pretty clothing on my sims I jump at the chance. Thanks: this looks great! Especially since I can make elf type ears now.
Page 1 of 3