Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS hat hiders for all expansions and stuff packs

by jesslla Posted 26th Mar 2013 at 1:53 AM - Updated 31st Mar 2013 at 7:04 PM by jesslla : Clarified where to put the mods.

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:24 AM
I really don't use hats either, but I don't want them to be completely hidden. Is there any chance you could release a version of this mod for only one icon per hat (you know, instead of the standard 3 per hat)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittykat999
I really don't use hats either, but I don't want them to be completely hidden. Is there any chance you could release a version of this mod for only one icon per hat (you know, instead of the standard 3 per hat)?

You bet! The hard part was going through all the games to find all the hats, it shouldn't take me long to make a set of mods like that.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 3:46 AM
Thanks so much for this! I hate hats and have been looking for something like this for forever.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 4:58 AM
Actually mods for hiding duplicate templates already exist. I personally made ones for KPST and Seasons, the others are linked in my MTS post.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 5:33 AM
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This mod hides the hats completely, yours hides the duplicates. Two different end results.

I was talking about KittyKat's request.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 1:41 PM
Thank you SO much for these mods. I would never wear one of those stupid looking hats myself and my Sims would not be happy if I stuck one on their head! It was a pain going through all of them just to see the hairstyles with accessories.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:10 PM
Thank You for this.
Can you make a Downloadfile with all included,please?
mfg
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 3:13 PM
Thank you so much! I never use those fugly base game hats--bleh!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 3:50 PM
thanks so much!
although i have to be honest I like the beanie hat from University life.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:50 PM
The beanie hat was the only one that came with University Life, so just don't use that mod if you want it.

I will make a download file with all of them, I never even thought of that. Silly me. :P

Kitty Paine, thanks for pointing out the links to the the duplicate hiders, that saves me some work right there.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Paine
Actually mods for hiding duplicate templates already exist. I personally made ones for KPST and Seasons, the others are linked in my MTS post.

Well I already have the one you're talking about, but I can't seem to find the "others that you linked in your MTS post", can you help me please ? What links are you talking about ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
Well I already have the one you're talking about, but I can't seem to find the "others that you linked in your MTS post", can you help me please ? What links are you talking about ?

Under the related links on her page:

The creator also recommends you check the following:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407349
Whiteriders Hiders for Base Game to Generations/Pets.
http://ohmysims.tumblr.com/post/31478020841
OMS hiders for Supernatural and Showtime.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jesslla
Under the related links on her page:

The creator also recommends you check the following:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407349
Whiteriders Hiders for Base Game to Generations/Pets.
http://ohmysims.tumblr.com/post/31478020841
OMS hiders for Supernatural and Showtime.

Dumb me is thanking you a lot
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM
Thanks for that OhMySims link, I've added it to the related tab on my mod too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:29 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 2:19 PM
Thank you very much. One question: after extraction do I put extracted filles in Mod folder or Overrides folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michallien
Thank you very much. One question: after extraction do I put extracted filles in Mod folder or Overrides folder?

You're welcome!

I put them in mods and they work just fine. I'll edit the original post to clarify that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thanks again.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 9:02 AM
Yay, thanks for this! There are a couple of hats I absolutely DESPISE and I shall use your mod to learn how to disable them! I've been using NRaas to blacklist those stupid, STUPID animal hats and clown hats, and ... argh. HATS. There are some I like, though. Thank you for your work! :D
Instructor
#22 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittykat999

Btw, you can use the NRaas Master Controller to achieve that effect! There is a CAS setting which allows you to display items in 'compact' mode which only shows one icon per item - I can't live without that, anymore. CAS runs so much faster when it doesn't need to load 6 useless recolors of the same item!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 10:55 PM
Thank you Seriously!!!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th May 2013 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Btw, you can use the NRaas Master Controller to achieve that effect! There is a CAS setting which allows you to display items in 'compact' mode which only shows one icon per item - I can't live without that, anymore. CAS runs so much faster when it doesn't need to load 6 useless recolors of the same item!

I'm very new to how mods work etc. Never really used them before, not the "complicated" ones anyway. Could you please elaborate on this one icon thing?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th May 2013 at 4:29 PM
Thanks! I really needed this for each EP and SP.
Page 1 of 2