Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Amstelkade Apartments

by Karen Lorraine Posted 28th Mar 2013 at 1:47 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2013 at 6:27 PM by karen lorraine

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:01 PM
Beautiful masterpiece! So faithful to the original! I can just imagine the huge amount of work that went into this and the result is amazing!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:43 PM
The whole lot looks great, it's obvious how much time, thought and attention to detail it must've taken. It's a shame you used the same windows on all houses though, it's really missing some variety.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:20 PM
Beautiful and thank you very much for sharing I went into the game to see it and I was like wow! I'd love to live in something like that,and the time you must have put into this. This ones Tops,Great job Karen
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 10:13 PM
Love love LOVE Karen, its so totally fantastic!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 5:27 AM
I really love these! I'm not usually a fan of stairs in kitchens but they seem to work with these. I love the drink bars and decoration used. You've also got a lot of different quirks for each different apartment.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 9:23 PM
The amount of time and work that went into building this shows.Your creativity appears endless, with an eye for realism, better not forget your hubby David thumbs up mate !! Good job on the barge Thanks Kaz (hugs)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 7:26 AM
Congrats on your 'pick' too Karen!! Well deserved
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 12:41 PM
Amazing work! I like the canal with a barge and that every house has its own character.

I noticed some situations where TV and seating are facing different directions, it's probably a good idea to add a pointer to MogHughson's mod: http://www.modthesims.info/d/462269

PS: I think Omnomnomnivore has a point, a little variety in windows could make this great lot even better. If you don't mind my suggestion, Maxis' colonial window would be a great mix with the ones you already used, also these two by Leesester:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313762
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=462362

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychosim
Amazing work! I like the canal with a barge and that every house has its own character.

I noticed some situations where TV and seating are facing different directions, it's probably a good idea to add a pointer to MogHughson's mod: http://www.modthesims.info/d/462269

PS: I think Omnomnomnivore has a point, a little variety in windows could make this great lot even better. If you don't mind my suggestion, Maxis' colonial window would be a great mix with the ones you already used, also these two by Leesester:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313762
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=462362

Thank you Psychosim

Thank you for the link to MogHughson's mod, I usually add that link in but must've forgotten to this time.

Psychosim and Omnomnomnivore: With regards to the windows, I looked at various options when I was building the houses but none of the other windows looked quite right and if you look at my inspiration picture the windows are almost all the same along the length of the terrace. The apartments were posted in several feedback forums as well (last year when I started creating them) and the windows were not commented on then. You, of course, are most welcome to swap them out for others in your game.

Thank you to everyone for all your lovely comments, they are much appreciated
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:58 PM
Okay, just wanted to mention it, not moan.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychosim
Okay, just wanted to mention it, not moan.
Didn't take it as a moan, but wanted to explain how I came to decide on which windows to use
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 12:00 AM
Looks amazing !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 9:05 AM
Oh my gosh, these apartments are stunning! :D Can't wait to see them in my game! :D
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 9:21 AM
Thank you

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 2:06 AM
What a great job thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:47 AM
Awesome!!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 1:18 PM
Thank you Glad you like them, took a long time to build.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 8:30 PM
For some strange reason my canal lock was flashing blue, so I had to get rid of it. Other than that, you did a really amazing job with this lot!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
For some strange reason my canal lock was flashing blue, so I had to get rid of it. Other than that, you did a really amazing job with this lot!
Thank you, thesammy, am pleased that you like it so much that you entered the calendar contest with it

Have no idea why the lock would be flashing blue but they are available here if you wanted to redownload and reinstall them http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/bui.../001/index.html

Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 10:42 PM
Very Nice!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 11:59 PM
Thank you klk01, glad you like it - it took a long time to build

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:28 AM
these are really nice ty
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 9:39 AM
I love you KarenLorraine! I enjoy very much this Netherland feel on this rowhouse, thank you for that lot. <3
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM
Aw thank you both :D