Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 1:09 AM
Mine hasn't been glitchy at all

But I agree with the smartphone comment. My sim gets withdrawal symptoms from the damn thing!
And the social group rewards aren't worth the 100 notifications a second either.

But other than that, I think it's pretty good! Mixes sim life up a bit.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 4:45 PM Last edited by jeannie4414 : 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:36 PM.
- The university mascot that comes to visit your house to give university freebie box has clipping issues with the umbrella. His ears clip through the umbrella, he came while it was raining.
- The box of freebies that he left only seems to give a flag and a t shirt. Each time I get freebies, it only gives a flag and a tshirt.
- When my sims talked to the mascot, he automatically became part of the jock social group. (I guessing it's because the mascot was in the jock social group). He has not even attended college.

- When I sent one of my sims to college, the other sims rushed to the street and waved goodbye even though he hasn't come of the house yet.
- It says that the new smart phone can change skin, but there is only a black skin.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 5:15 PM
You need to raise either your jock skill or your social networking skill to change your cell phone skin. I forgot which one
Field Researcher
#54 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 7:01 PM
I took a screenshot of the llama mascot clipping through the umbrella.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#55 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:43 PM
Sims cannot eat outside of simburger, even though they have seats outside.
The backpack accessory has minor clipping issues with the sim's arm. It also disappears when sims ride a bicycle, even though they can just wear it anyway without clipping.
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 8:42 AM
Default My sims never come back home after enroll in university
Hello.. I just installed the sims 3 university exp pack. There's a problem, when my sims finished the term and they travelled back home, they never come back home! They just disappear from my game.. The game ask me to move in another household to play. Why could it be happened? Is there anyone having the same problem with me? Please help....
Field Researcher
#57 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 1:18 AM
It is not disappointing but, it is about what I expected by now for EA to put out. The roommates would not
care for themselves or the house. They fell dead all the time so I locked them out of the house so as
to stop distracting my sim with that madness. My sim was invited to a couple of parties but, I'm
not sure the host knew it was a party because he kept climbing into bed and then became annoyed
at my sim and flicked his "leave leave" and sent my sim home. The pile up problems in front of
the buildings as previously mentioned.

I sent one sim to university but, found that since he was a scientist that I could build that skill faster
in the homeworld away from the distractions of school. I enjoyed the new skills and new stuff but, the actual school world
is just worthless to me. I haven't bothered to send another sim. I just have sims tutor each other these days because
it is easier and faster. They still get new traits and game developer offers anyway so the University (school world) isn't even
needed.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 10:46 PM
UNL is basically the EP which made me give up on TS3 altogether. Seasons was close because of how damn buggy it was, but this took the cake. It's become relatively clear to me at this point that these EP's are only progressively going to get more unplayable as they release more of them, and the fact that this is so broken and buggy just furthers my fear that they just don't even care about if the EP's work properly or not at all anymore.

Honestly, I don't know that anyone could fix the problems present in this EP without building a lot of the scripts and programming all over from the ground up, and it's just completely unacceptable. One Amazon review of this game contained a line that summed up this EP completely for me: it's about as stable as Charles Manson.
Space Pony
#59 Old 1st May 2013 at 10:47 PM
I HATE the fact that your College SIMs prefer studying on their smartphones (probably just looking things up on SIMlishWikipedia) INSTEAD of going to a library and reading a real book.

And why isn't there a "do term paper" task?
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd May 2013 at 9:40 PM
one of the only things I don't like is that there are no bachelor's, associate's and master's degrees...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#61 Old 2nd May 2013 at 10:59 PM
I haven't been the slightest bit disappointed with UL, because I haven't bought it or played it. I have been very satisfied with this experience so far.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 2nd May 2013 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgeekmaster
one of the only things I don't like is that there are no bachelor's, associate's and master's degrees...

I had to get 120 real life credits to get my real life Bachelor's degree. It's a pain enough trying to get 48 Sim Credits for them to graduate, do you really want to have to get 120 Sim credits to get a Sim Bachelors?
Mad Poster
#63 Old 2nd May 2013 at 11:26 PM
I didn't like the blogging feature available on smart phones or the social networking skill in general

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Field Researcher
#64 Old 3rd May 2013 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I had to get 120 real life credits to get my real life Bachelor's degree. It's a pain enough trying to get 48 Sim Credits for them to graduate, do you really want to have to get 120 Sim credits to get a Sim Bachelors?

No, but that's not what the poster was saying. An associate's degree is a 2 year degree, so that would scale down to 24 sim college credits. I would have liked that, too, with home world community colleges. I know I can do them with NRaas mods and Margaret's rabbit hole rugs, but I think they should have been in the expansion.
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 8:26 AM
Default yes!.,
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
Hello there!

I recently received UNL and it's not what I really expected. Ok I have to admit that they have done an amazing job at the clothes and the furniture, but when I play in the UNL world the game often crashes, and I'm going to share something with you "I never actually played a Sim that long that he/she graduates" ! What is your problem, comment, issue??

I know that I was waaaaaaaaaaaaayy idk.....its 2015 and thanks to my friend introducing this game...btw.I've seen some producer walkthrough and it's pretty cool!so I decided to buy it and yes...its disappoint me...why?

1.Soooo many glitches!!!for example.Some of the sim get stuck UNDERGROUND...then.Why some of my roommates don't even take care of them self???then.anybody realize some roads are just you know...GLITCHED OUT,!.!

2.living in a dorm means have hundreds or at least tons of people living together with you. Just like in producer walkthrough.But...WHY THE FUCK only 6 sim is living in my dorm!?

3.Some sim don't even do and by I mean do means..idk.Maybe AT LEAST they don't just stand there....doing nothing....until the class on

4.if only the social group don't exist.....My sim now can't do what they can do before I get this expansion pack for example Jocks can't play computer games or they will become nerds!thanks to that my sim keep stressed out!

5.Idk if anybody experience this but I only have at least 20% chance getting successfully save my game in this world..WHAT THE FUCK.?

6.This is the most annoying thing in university life..this glitch..well......my sim has ended their term..after TWO FUCKING WEEKS waiting to get their report card...they still not get it...

that's all🌼
Mad Poster
#67 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 10:28 PM
I like UL okay, gets a bit old after a while, but fortunately your Sims don't get a "didn't go to college" memory like they do in TS2.

One thing that irks me...when you send a Sim to the Busch School of Science...they PASS the door they need to go to, then do a U-turn and then head for it. What is up with that? Every single time.

Another thing that irks me...you plunk down a house in the university world that you intend for YOUR Sims to use next term--and I try to do this the Saturday they leave for the home world. They come back to college and there are squatters there. I also don't like that you can't plunk down a house when you're deciding what lot to dump your Sims into.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
#68 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 11:47 PM
The science station is a bit of a game killer. I find it hard to resist cloning stuff... with World Adventures, I spend a couple of days cloning tiberium. 16 hours at 1 clone per hour an an average of 40 kSimolians each = 640,000 simolians.

If you have Supernatural also, then that 1 clone per hour can become one cut, and 1.5 piles of tiberium dust, for a cool 1.6 million simolians.
Scholar
#69 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 11:56 PM
I was all set to give up on University Life, the routing in that place is so bad, and my ancient computer made things a lot worse.

So far I have only had one sim graduate, and I didn't use the default university town I used this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520269 which was a vast improvement. Even so she spent almost the whole time studying and hardly socialized or partied at all. I'm afraid to say, that was me in real life too. Like my sim I saved up enough money to survive on, and got a student loan to pay for my accommodation. I don't think I'd have ever been able to cope with a job and study, since I'm such a lazy bastard.

And I agree about performance falling when you aren't in class or studying, that is dumb. I can't say I personally felt I was getting slowly stupider because I wanted to relax a bit after getting home from a lecture. Luckily my sim was doing a fine arts degree so she could increase her performance by painting and cooking. Wish I could have done that, I might have got a first, rather than a 2.1!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#70 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:06 AM
Some majors are easier than others. Sims in the Science track can fish their way to a full performance meter in the first couple of days. I find Fine Arts to be fairly easy too...cook and paint your way--or better yet, do some graffiti around town! Nice money-maker, too, when their skill is up there and they can get commissions.

Now Communications...I'll have a Sim writing away, and their meter is going down. But if they gain a writing skill point, it shoots up. Heh. At least when they take pictures and improve their Photography skill, it helps. Business is a funny one...I can have a Sim in the Business major woohoo with their spouse and it ups the meter! Technology...have them play chess, and if you have a bunch of roommates, something's always getting broken.

Why are there no Photography Vol 2 or 3 books, anyway? (I don't have World Adventures--yet--so maybe that has something to do with it...?)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#71 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:50 AM
I so would love to be able to clone tiberium. Just because I could. But well... I also wish that EA would have included web comics and such, and you could either read some online, or create your own, and they'd have parody names like "Stick-Animal Feghoots" (a reference to "Pearls Before Swine" )
#72 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I can have a Sim in the Business major woohoo with their spouse and it ups the meter!

Yeah, that's the way it works in real life where I work. Only, it usually isn't woohoo with just your spouse... Sometimes it really does appear a few well placed woohoos does wonders for careers.

It's only a suspicion, mind you, based on what seeing people making out and getting promoted.

Why are there no Photography Vol 2 or 3 books, anyway? (I don't have World Adventures--yet--so maybe that has something to do with it...?)

I'm pretty sure the photography 1 book is there because the "thumb over the lens" gag is pretty funny once, worth a snort the second time, and aggravating the third time and beyond.
Scholar
#73 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:52 PM

That's probably it, But apparently some skill books are missing anyway. Specifically Photography Vols. II & III and Martial Arts II & III. This mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=385711 fixes the problem.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#74 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 12:09 AM
It's been a while since I got it, but it's one of my least favorite EPs. I thought the Sims 2 version was much better and more fun to play.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
7. "Smart" phones. It's bad enough that we have always been stuck with having a cellphone forced upon us since TS3's beginning, but this just adds insult to injury.

the only thing i hate of this expansion, if i wanted people to ignore each other just to stream videos and do stupid things on facebook i will just get out and experience the cold of nowadays relationships.
Page 3 of 4