Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 5:40 PM
I'm never going to use any of this. I don't even use the Western stuff we have now. I guess that ONE Western venue from Showtime could use the extra crap. I guess. Therealso going to be a sci-fi theme and horror. Unless I'm building a themed world (which is never) I wont touch it. I use Sweet Treats more (in all honestly) thta I'd used this. Though, it may come with an outhouse, so I'll pick it up if the stuff is decent.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 5:51 PM
Hey there thread. I missed you.

I am with you Matrix. I hardly use the items that came in Pets that was western themed unless I fixed up the Rodeo venue from Showtime. I don't know if I want this.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 6:28 PM
From the look of the concept art from ages ago there'll be some nice new victorian/edwardian furniture with the western set, I'll probably pick it up just for that.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:09 PM
Doesn't really sound very interesting but i was surprised that guy doesn't look half bad. Not the usual boring faces ea uses.
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:17 PM
I got excited ween you said horror, but it's EA so... not getting my hopes up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:34 PM
Decades stuff had 31 objects.
Diesel, 14.
Sweet Treat, 57. (Probably because the team was split between this and Diesel)
Master Suit, 31.
Outdoor Living, 46
Fast Lane, 42
High End Loft, 44.

I saw expect about 35 or 37 objects (furnishing) in this pack. In the way or Victorian/Edwardian? I wouldn't say full on, but a few bits and bobs. But, it has to be traditional "Western". The clothes will look the part, no doubt, but not objects. You might get about... 10, 12, 14 objects from that theme. More objects in favor of Western, since it's the first they're showing off.

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm never going to use any of this. I don't even use the Western stuff we have now. I guess that ONE Western venue from Showtime could use the extra crap. I guess. Therealso going to be a sci-fi theme and horror. Unless I'm building a themed world (which is never) I wont touch it. I use Sweet Treats more (in all honestly) thta I'd used this. Though, it may come with an outhouse, so I'll pick it up if the stuff is decent.

Is Chuck Norris working for EA now?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:01 PM
*fans self*

Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:21 PM
Victorian/Edwardian? I wouldn't say full on, but a few bits and bobs. But, it has to be traditional "Western". The clothes will look the part, no doubt, but not objects. You might get about... 10, 12, 14 objects from that theme. More objects in favor of Western, since it's the first they're showing off.

In Fast Lane the objects weren't very evenly split in all the categories, I think the Western theme will probably have the most objects out of all of them based purely on the fact that it's the only theme they've showed concept art and pictures of.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:24 PM
There was concept art from all.

Western, was a giant cabinet/bar thing, and an houthouse.

Sci-Fi was costumes, and I forget what else (if anything else).

Horror was a giant bed and a costume.

One Minute Ninja'd
#36 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:27 PM

..................Horror was a giant bed and a costume.

You're kidding, right? A giant horror bed to play dress up on?
Theorist
#37 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 10:49 PM
Don't see a lot of new stuff in those screenshots...bleh.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 11:23 PM
Give it time, the crap is coming...

Instructor
#39 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 11:36 PM
Maybe the bed that the concept art portrayed is actually Death Bed: The Bed That Eats . I think that'd be a fun addition.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:23 AM
I've never brought a stuff pack for the sims 2 or 3, and this isn't going to make me change that.. Why couldn't they do a useful stuff pack with a decent amount of clothes and items for toddlers and kids.. or a pack for middle class sims, i'd actually buy something like that..
Scholar
#41 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:56 AM
Meh it looks alright so far, I love the western dress in the first pic though. If i get it, I could borrow the CAS outfits and CC the heck out of it. Is it me but does that Sim in the second pic looks awfully identical to like Nicolas cage to anybody?
Scholar
#42 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:19 AM
Like the futuristic ep,this also did not interest me.At least I save my money
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:28 AM
I make movies. Lots of movies. TS2, mostly, but I have dabbled with TS3.

I was expecting tools to help me out with TS3 filming, maybe some hacks, and USEFUL props. I know it's a stuff pack, but if it's just themed like this, the most I can make with it is a really shitty theme park.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
Is it me but does that Sim in the second pic looks awfully identical to like Nicolas cage to anybody?
He looks like what would happen if Nick Cage, Chuck Norris and a bowl of custard had some sort of bastard lovechild.
Inventor
#45 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I was expecting tools to help me out with TS3 filming, maybe some hacks, and USEFUL props. I know it's a stuff pack, but if it's just themed like this, the most I can make with it is a really shitty theme park.

Sadly, I was expecting all of the above as well. Even a half-decent theme park would need a new animation or two for every theme and we know that we won't get them. Probably useless.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 1:21 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't make a theme park with the materials, given how limited EA makes everything in stuff packs with more than one theme

Speaking of theme parks, I'd love some carnival rides I'd say store venue, but we'd only get one and a venue with one ride is pretty boring. It'd probably be supplemented with park equipment. It's be best as a store based venue, but I'm not too confident in that either.

Long gone are days of full length feature in Expansion Packs. Farewell. We knew ye little...

Mad Poster
#47 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 5:11 AM
You could probably make a western theme park if you have EPs and SPs. We already have horses, mechanical bull, horse shoe court game, apple bobbing, bars, and with western type architecture we could make a pretty nice theme park.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 5:17 AM
With help form other packs? Absolutely, especially with the mechanical bull. Just this pack? lolno.

Alchemist
#49 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 6:40 AM
I'm looking forward to my townie who'd be wearing witch hat, KP shirt, old-fashioned 70's pants, and cowboy boots.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 6:46 AM
I wonder if the developers actually think about these things when they make the game? And, if they do, it's likely that the outfits in this pack wont be flagged for random, but many of the other not-to-normal outfits wont get touched.

Page 2 of 10