Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#26 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:32 PM
I think plenty of people took the GoT reference from that trailer, especially from the blonde, fair skinned girl with the dragon. I thought Dragon Age when seeing it, even though I've never played the games. Speaking of, are they adding new face tattoos or did that chick just have "costume make-up" on?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
After they talked about Island Paradise, they announced a new stuff pack and a new store world.

Oh, thanks for the heads-up.

Sounds like something I might use with my castle, though. I'll be definitely checking this one.
Scholar
#28 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:42 PM
I wonder how they're going to implement Elves?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#29 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:44 PM
Like the green people in Hidden Springs. Pointy ears, long blonde hair, equipped with a bow. Lifestate = human.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:46 PM
I'd be in a state of complete shock if they added an elf life state to this. Hell, I'd be shocked if they added a world tag to stop all the modern stuff from happening in town.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#31 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:51 PM
@Heaven... You only let me dream for 2 minutes...

No, I won't let you take the dream away! For the first time with Monte Vista they added produce - lemon/eggplant. Maybe they'll add a new semi-humanish lifestate... They're into new stuff... not necessarily good stuff... or well-done stuff, but they're breaking down barriers left and right... pushing the envelope... *hurries to cover ears*

They said: Play with Elves! Damn it and I want to!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 9:14 PM
Don't let the marketing fool you. Wait for gameplay or something. We were promised magic and magic-people in hidden springs, and we saw what happened with that.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 9:18 PM
lol, because lemons are so envelope-pushy =)

Yep, first thought was GoT here too. I'm a big GoT fan of the books; haven't watched the series yet. I'm positively dying for Winds of Winter, although I'm afraid it might disappoint if he's now writing to stay ahead of the TV series.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven

It IS being sold like Monte Vista, a simguru confirmed this on the official forums. Don't stock up on simpoints folks.

It will be exclusive to the store by late spring. Retail sales start in the summer. According to the live broadcast.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 9:29 PM
The Sims Medieval: The Sims 3 Store Edition Stuff Pack.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#36 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:23 PM
Hmm... Now I'm actually worried that they'll just repack some of the TSM stuff.
Scholar
#37 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:25 PM
Right, bear in mind that I'm a bit thick but is this a just a store world?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#38 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Hmm... Now I'm actually worried that they'll just repack some of the TSM stuff.

Some of the TSM content would be nice for TS3. Of course, I know it's already out there, somewhere but proper conversions of the clothes that fit correctly, had correct pregnancy morphs, etc and objects that had working geostates and stuff would be welcome.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCantankerousUnicorn
Right, bear in mind that I'm a bit thick but is this a just a store world?

Thankfully, yes.
Inventor
#40 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Some of the TSM content would be nice for TS3. Of course, I know it's already out there, somewhere but proper conversions of the clothes that fit correctly, had correct pregnancy morphs, etc and objects that had working geostates and stuff would be welcome.

As well as hairstyles that look more like the Sims 3 versions instead of the molded hair that reminded me a lot of Sims 2.

I wouldn't mind some of the traits making it over from TSM, but that's probably asking way too much.

However... I don't want to get my hopes up, but... ELVES??

If this world includes baby dragons AND a new creature/lifestate, sign me up.
I mean, my fingers are crossed and I'm going to hope they're a creature/lifestate, but I'm not going to hope too hard because I might just end up disappointed. They might end up just being pretty sims with bows and pointy ears.

But... ELVES.

I've always hoped that worlds for Sims 3 would be like mini-EPs and this one holds the most hope for that to be achieved.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#41 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:52 AM
Elves? They'll probably be just like the elves in TSM... humans with pointy ears. Like the silly girl my king was forced to marry so he could annex Effenmont (the elven kingdom) and complete the platinum kingdom achievement. Bleh.
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:14 AM
What if they're tiny elves you can't control? Size of the gnomes maybe but they can move around and get into more mischief then just turning on and off your tv/radio. At least that's what I think when I try to picture elves. They can even have name-changed Keebler elves that make cookies in a special tree~
Inventor
#43 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:32 AM
I think I might just love it if all the elves looked all LoTR fair and beautiful with skills in archery... and then their favorite food is cookies. XD

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyStacey
I must say I am kind of disappointed about the new Dragon Valley World :/
I mean, I love The Sims and I play it to create my own fantasy life etc. and i love how realistic a lot of it is, I mean i have all EPs, SPs and worlds just because I am an avid Sims player but I disliked having vampires, werewolves, witches and fairies etc in Supernatural, I kind of felt like it was a bit far-fetched for a game that many love and create our dream homes and play god with others lives...and then this with the Dragons?

Fair play to those of you who love the supernatural stuff but I just love having things kind of - realistic.

Dragons was in TS1, so I'm not really surprise it came back at with Khaleesi refusing to show her boobies yet keep parading her dragons in Game of Thrones.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 2:58 AM
Wow. I haven't even watched a single episode of Game of Thrones and I got all the references in this world's "trailer"
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:04 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't try to tie this closer together with Dragon Age and use their already-existing franchises for leverage and name recognition. I mean, if they could half-arse an 'official' Anders, Fenris and Alistar, the fangirls wll be all over this world. And I mean all of them.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:18 AM
we already have this it's called ts 3 medieval
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
we already have this it's called ts 3 medieval

Medieval support has long gone. The shit isnt even compatible with Windows 8. I am deeply sadden by that, not being able to play my Merlin hood.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 5:03 AM
oh, that's lame. i'm not really sure why people are so intreuged by dragons like they were never in the sims before. i remember them from makin magic from ts1.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i'm not really sure why people are so intreuged by dragons like they were never in the sims before. i remember them from makin magic from ts1.

Either:
a) they never played TS1 and think dragons sound awesome, or
b) they did play TS1 and adored the cute little firestarters and are happy to see them back.

Something doesn't have to be 100% new and innovative to still be interesting and (potentially) cool.
Page 2 of 26