Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:53 AM
You're working machine-fast! The cathedral looks amazing.
I'm looking forward to seeing Catalunya Square: are you going to build the department stores, the Apple store and the Hard Rock Cafe?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
You're working machine-fast!

The truth is that I've been quite slow these weeks because I have had exams and I only had time to build during the weekend, but now that my holidays have started I'll try to be a fast machine

Yes, I'll build the FNAC, the Corte Inglés, and the Apple Store (without special CC). I won't build the Hard Rock Cafe though, because it should be located in the lot of the 1st picture and this one is already a residential.

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 12:16 PM
Time for a new update!
As I promised here are the pictures of Plaça Catalunya (Catalonia Square). Still have to build some lots around it, I'll do this later. Next week I won't be at home so there won't be any updades, I leave you this one :

Aerial view:

Catalonia Square:

FNAC:

Corte Inglés:

Btw, yesterday I installed IP. I'll add some of its content and I'll change some things, the Aquarium will be fully updated! I'll show you that too. See you the 7th of July!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 2:45 PM
This week I've been adapting the world for IP content, specially in the port area (Still not finished!). Pics:

Instructor
#55 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 5:51 PM
Love it! Very smart use of the Eiffel Tower, and that boat is amazing, not to mention the curved skyscraper

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:04 PM Last edited by BourgeoisBanana : 15th Jul 2013 at 8:03 PM.
The houseboat is spectacular!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm glad you think the Eiffel Tower looks good, I went crazy to find some kind of water tank ot tower that could work. The top of the Eiffel Tower was the best option (I had to recolor it though). The routing is fine too. The only bad thing is that at the town map appears an icon for the Eiffel Tower that looks out of place, but this is not important...

Glad you like the other buildings as well

Instructor
#58 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:57 PM
Once you finish this world, it might convince me to get Island Paradise and start playing again! =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#59 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 6:07 AM
This world is coming along well, you're doing a great job!

Usually I'd just settle on lurking, but I wanted to ask you about the seawalls around your ports and such - have you tested the lots routing (with freshly built routing data)? It seems like your lots overlap the seawalls on some spots, and for my previous experience with CAW, overlapping a lot (even partly) with a routing blocking object, can mess up the routing of the whole lot, in worst case scenario make it inaccessible.

Looking at your pictures again sorta confirms me that at least the dock with the house boat is tested (with freshly rebuilt routing data?), my main concern is the one with lots of tiny boats docked on it.

Maybe there are differences on the seawalls/retaining walls as well, some may allow lot routing, some do not.

Anyhow, keep up the good work with your world, I'm looking forward on seeing more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
This world is coming along well, you're doing a great job!

Usually I'd just settle on lurking, but I wanted to ask you about the seawalls around your ports and such - have you tested the lots routing (with freshly built routing data)? It seems like your lots overlap the seawalls on some spots, and for my previous experience with CAW, overlapping a lot (even partly) with a routing blocking object, can mess up the routing of the whole lot, in worst case scenario make it inaccessible.

Looking at your pictures again sorta confirms me that at least the dock with the house boat is tested (with freshly rebuilt routing data?), my main concern is the one with lots of tiny boats docked on it.

Maybe there are differences on the seawalls/retaining walls as well, some may allow lot routing, some do not.

Anyhow, keep up the good work with your world, I'm looking forward on seeing more!

So far I haven't found any major problems, but I haven't tested it a lot so I will check it better. The lots over the walls and the water are all accessible, but the dock with the houseboat doesn't let the houseboat move, so I teleported it to take the picture. I already deleted that lot and placed a new one with walls overlapping only at one side. Now I'll build this one again, I'll rebuild the routing data and I'll test everything again. If I see that the overlapping walls are giving me problems I'll replace them with low foundations

Thank you so much for the tips!

Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 8:00 PM
From what I'm seeing this looks even better than my actual vacation photos from BCN! And your attention to details is brilliant.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:21 PM
No, the world is not dead! Actually I was working on a side project but now it's finished and I'm working with BCN again
The Old City area is officially finished, the next aree I'll start working on will be Montjuïc. Let's see the pictures:

General views and random buildings:

Gran Teatre del Liceu (Liceu Great Theater):

Mercat de la Boqueria (Boqueria Market):

The modern Nectary we were discussing in the 2nd page:

I hope you like it! Suggestions and feedback are welcome as always

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:40 PM
Looks brilliant! Glad you went with the necary
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 10:53 PM
So I've started working on the Montjuïc area Right now I only have built the bottom of the mountain though, in this area is where the International Exposition of 1929 was set:

Aerial view:

Spain square and Reina Maria Cristina street:

Montjuïc stairs and fountains:

Barcelona Pavilion, requested by Encloped in page 2:

More soon!

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:56 AM
Looking awesome as always.
Loving the Barcelona Pavilion, can't wait to send my architect Sims there with a sketchbook. (Who says you can't live vicariously though your Sims.)
Instructor
#66 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 11:24 AM
You're doing an amazing job! The theatre is just stunning and knowing it actually works makes it even better

Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:46 PM
THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I'd love to see Parque Guell incorporated in this project!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 5:27 PM
Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by tguy188
THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I'd love to see Parque Guell incorporated in this project!

You will see it! Without it Barcelona wouldn't be Barcelona

--------------

New update:

Sorry for keeping you uninformed these days, the classes have started and I haven't been able to create many new things, but I show you what I have done anyway:

Aerial view:

Around Montjuïc:

National Palace (Museum of Art of Catalonia):

Port:

And finally I have a question for you: I can't decide between two rock options, if you prefer Option A click Agree, if you prefer option B click Helpful:

Hope to see your feedback!

dodgy builder
#69 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
Port:

New houseboats created by Domangcop, with his permission I've added them into the world.

And finally I have a question for you: I can't decide between two rock options,

Hope to see your feedback!

Is that domancop guy still active

I prefer the yellowish rock, the difference in color adds depth to the picture if that makes any sense. Nice job!
I was wondering if the palace thing with no windows on the upper floor, perhaps it looks a bit dirty with the gray color. i would probably go more for a yellowish tone there as well.
Instructor
#70 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:31 AM
I think option A is the best. Being a Mediterranean town, a warmer color fits it better.

Amazing job as usual!

Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 9:07 PM
Wow! This is a wonderful world and your attention to detail is admirable. At times, I couldn't tell the photos from the Sims screenshots until I looked very closely. Great job! I might take a break from my long time hood just to play with this when you are done. No hurry!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 6:35 PM
Option A wins then, thanks for voting

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I was wondering if the palace thing with no windows on the upper floor, perhaps it looks a bit dirty with the gray color. i would probably go more for a yellowish tone there as well.

I have decided to change the colors of the whole building. Now it's lighter and more yellowish:

I think it looks better, the previous colors were too dark... do you like it?

Alchemist
#73 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 10:20 AM
The balustrade on the roof looks too bright in comparison the the rest of the colors. What I see on the real picture is that it's a tad darker towards yellow, like the rest of the building

I come in peace
#74 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 3:40 PM
You are right, this is the new color:

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:27 PM
I really enjoy your city! You're so talented! I can't wait to see more.
Page 3 of 9