Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 1:34 AM Last edited by claudiasharon : 17th May 2013 at 9:44 AM. Reason: better pictures
Attempt at creating a unique Asian sim->Rejected, need help!
So I am trying to create a sim that is Asian and unique. Not easy to do. This is Asami, and so far this is what I have come up with. I was hoping for some feedback to make her better, Asian-er, etc. She is not based off of anyone in particular, I was just fiddling around in CAS. Thoughts? I really like her nose for some reason.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 3:44 AM
Sorry for double posting, but I tweaked her eyes and lips some more and didn't want to confuse people by putting it in the previous post. So is her face any better or worse?
Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:59 AM
I am an Asian myself and I don't think that's an Asian's common hairstyle. There are actually many cultures among Asia, and which culture are you going to represent? That looked Indian-Indonesian-ish to me... Certainly not blonde hair, by the way. Black and deep brown will do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 8:24 AM
Ignore the hair for now, I just picked a random one to show her face better. And the blonde was a test to see if it looked any good on her or not. I was going to go for black hair, I'm aiming for either Korean or Japanese. Probably brown eyes, but I kind of like the blue. Not sure on that though. So just focus on the face for now and once I get that done I'll work on hairstyle and clothes.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:46 PM
For reference, this is the hair I was going to use, along with eyebrows, I changed her skintone a little as well so she wasn't so white.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:50 PM
Better but I think her eyebrows are too high

Live your life to d fullest! B happy!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:59 PM
Okay, I lowered her brows. Better now?

I also attached a picture of her outfit, is it too weird looking? I can change the colors if need be. Or find her something else to wear.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:26 PM
Much better now!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 3:43 AM
Thanks, anything else I can do to improve her?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 12:17 PM
I can't tell you about the features in terms of facial sculpt of Asian people..Have you tried to google it to get some ideas?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 2:40 PM
Yeah I have, couldn't figure out what to do next.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Yeah I have, couldn't figure out what to do next.

Try to lift her face up a bit to make it look a bit more round. You can also try to pull her cheeks out a notch.

Hope it helps
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 10:37 PM
I found this for you..Hope it help you Asian race has yellow or olive skin, broad face, Mongolian eye form, abundance of head hair, scant beard, small stature, coarse straight hair, a round face, small black eyes and a medium-size, flat nose. That said you could try to flatten the nose and increase the size a little

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 11:14 PM
If you've seen this, maybe it will help. They are composite images of "average" faces in different cultures. Look at the culture you are trying to represent to get an idea of what the average face would look like.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 11:55 PM
Okay did some more tweaks based on suggestions and heaven's link.

First picture, new hairstyle, better than before? Or was the one before better?

Then second picture, better picture of her changed facial features.

Do you guys really think I should tweak her nose? I kind of like it.

EDIT: Last three pictures I just added are changes to her skintone (made it lighter) and side views of her face. Forgot to add those before. Should I use an Asian skintone? I have a few. Hehe.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:01 PM
I really like how she look with the new hairstyle! She's looking really pretty. Great job

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:28 PM
Aww thank you!
Instructor
#18 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 10:56 PM
She is coming along nicely you have a really good sculpt going on.
I love her with her with new hair where her hair is down
I just think you need to fix her eyebrows they are too rounded right now, adjust the eyebrow shape. and lower her brow height
Her eyes need a little work. I have uploaded oriental sims before and know CAS is limited when creating asian sims which make it harder but it not impossible. her eyes are too squinty, unnaturally so. but this can be easily fixed by adjusting her lower eye apex by rounding it out. Asian eyes are no different than any other eyes just happen to be thin while almond shaped. so make her eyes more almond shaped I think this will go more in harmony her features
everything else is perfect, don't touch it . I think that whats makes her unique
can see some in game pictures?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd May 2013 at 3:22 PM
Here she is with her hair up so you can see her facial features better.

Then some in game images with how her hair will be.

See more pictures in the attachments.

How's she looking now? I did what you said Freedom. I hope she looks better now!

Edit: Woah, don't know why the full body shot looks funny. My settings are the highest they can go! Just focus on the clothing for that shot I guess.

Also, skintone. Yes, no? Should I try a few different ones and see which are better?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd May 2013 at 4:18 PM
Okay, did some different skintones, any particular ones you all like?

Also to avoid double posting (again, sorry, I had to!), I included shots of her outfits.

Everything is labeled accordingly. Thoughts?
dodgy builder
#21 Old 3rd May 2013 at 5:54 PM
As heaven pointed out, you have to decide what nationality you wanna make her. Korean or Japanese. Japanese woman are much slimmer in the face, while Korean are much wider and square, Chinese are round almost. This is genetics after all. I'm sure you can see the difference between an english and italian, even though both are Kaukasian so called lol. When you have decided on that finding pictures will be easier, download a picture and use it as referance.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd May 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yes but not everyone is straight one specific nationality. You can have a Korean/Japanese woman, living in Korea. Or Chinese/Korean, etc. And I think that's what I'm trying to go for is a mix of two Asian nationalities, not one single one.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd May 2013 at 10:53 PM
I think the skin in pic 2 suit her better . Also if you're going to mix nationalities decide which ones and find pics, that way we can compare and give you better advice

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd May 2013 at 11:35 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 4th May 2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: more info
Well what does she look like right now? I wanted to do just Korean, but if she's looking more Chinese that is fine. Based off of these: http://cashmonie.tumblr.com/image/8111546603 Maybe she's Chinese-American?

Here's an example of a Korean woman (that I love). Was sorta thinking of her a little with what I wanted to make sim-wise.

Maybe a little of this woman as well.

But most of all I wanted her to be not really based off of anybody. Just Korean. And eventually I'd make other sims based off of people.
Screenshots
Instructor
#25 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:45 AM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 4th May 2013 at 5:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Yes but not everyone is straight one specific nationality. You can have a Korean/Japanese woman, living in Korea. Or Chinese/Korean, etc. And I think that's what I'm trying to go for is a mix of two Asian nationalities, not one single one.

I agree with you

Every thing is great just use /switch to different brows. keep the brow shape.
She seems like a more hipster/ street clothes type of person
really
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 1 of 2