Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Previously Occupied Beachy Starter

by triciamanly Posted 30th Jun 2013 at 2:20 AM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 3:33 AM
So nice to see a starter from you Tricia . I love the beachy feel with this house, it looks so inviting. Very charming interior as well, you should build starters more often!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 5:45 AM
Very beachy, very cute - I love starter homes!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 9:58 AM
Awesome Anne!! A starter with CC!! For Sims that has to be a first!! Well Done Hun!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 11:35 AM
Starter Home? Yay! Perfect for my Sims Who's just left college XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 12:19 PM
wow i can see myself adding some palm trees and maybe a tiny little pool... after one of my sims moved in... thanks anne for sharing and and I agree with Pippenhouse, you should built more starter homes, this looks great!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 4:33 PM
Thank you for sharing. I am curious as to how all the furnishing stayed behind on an occupied base game house, usually when sims moved out, they took or sold everything. This is a base game only house right? Any additional information is appreciated.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eliseluong
Thank you for sharing. I am curious as to how all the furnishing stayed behind on an occupied base game house, usually when sims moved out, they took or sold everything. This is a base game only house right? Any additional information is appreciated.

I don't know how she did it, but the Stay-Things Shrub here can do that.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_MiscHacks.htm

It's a bit complicated, so make sure to follow the directions. You have to click on the shrub to select the option to make objects stay, and you'll have to select the option again if you add more objects.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 9:03 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:17 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4178837, 4178836, 4178834, 4178833, 4178832, 4178830, 4178828

eliseluong, thanks for commenting and asking a good question. I used sims2clean installer after I packaged the lot and removed the sims. I should have credited sim2 clean installer. It's a great tool!

Quote: Originally posted by Pippenhouse
So nice to see a starter from you Tricia . I love the beachy feel with this house, it looks so inviting. Very charming interior as well, you should build starters more often!

Pippenhouse, thanks so much! I think you're like me, we tend to go big and mansiony! I have the hardest time ever trying to stay in budget and of course, I cheated on this one by playing long enough to depreciate everything.

Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
Very beachy, very cute - I love starter homes!

I love the beach too so much! Thanks for commenting lorins! Hope you decorate with lots of beachy items!

Quote: Originally posted by CheekyBugga
Awesome Anne!! A starter with CC!! For Sims that has to be a first!! Well Done Hun!!

Hi CheekyBugga, many thanks for your comment! Lady Angel doesn't charge a lot for her cc which she should because it's expensive looking!

Quote: Originally posted by TotallySimsCrazy
Starter Home? Yay! Perfect for my Sims Who's just left college XD

Good, a young surfer would like this. He or she could stand on the back deck and watch for gnarly waves!

Quote: Originally posted by Wunderkind
wow i can see myself adding some palm trees and maybe a tiny little pool... after one of my sims moved in... thanks anne for sharing and and I agree with Pippenhouse, you should built more starter homes, this looks great!

Wunderkind, I hope you will deck it out and make it look more realistic. Thanks so much for commenting!

Quote: Originally posted by Lullabee
I don't know how she did it, but the Stay-Things Shrub here can do that.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_MiscHacks.htm

It's a bit complicated, so make sure to follow the directions. You have to click on the shrub to select the option to make objects stay, and you'll have to select the option again if you add more objects.

Lullabee, thanks so much for sharing this information! All the best!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
eliseluong, thanks for commenting and asking a good question. I used sims2clean installer after I packaged the lot and removed the sims. I should have credited sim2 clean installer. It's a great tool!

You meant first the lot was packaged with the sims in it, and after that you used Mootilda's CleanInstaller (CI) to manually remove the sims to keep everything on the lot. Hmm... I have to try that, because I didn't know the CI can do that, can it also remove the memories (or object registries, or whatever it called) from objects that sims have interacted with, such as the bed, bookcase, fridge, etc, or more importantly the mailbox?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 12:00 AM
You meant first the lot was packaged with the sims in it, and after that you used Mootilda's CleanInstaller (CI) to manually remove the sims to keep everything on the lot. Hmm... I have to try that, because I didn't know the CI can do that, can it also remove the memories (or object registries, or whatever it called) from objects that sims have interacted with, such as the bed, bookcase, fridge, etc, or more importantly the mailbox?

Hi eliseluong, yes, I packaged the lot with sims in it, then opened with sims2pack Clean Installer which I downloaded here: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/ It lists all the cc in the lot plus the sims and sim acquaintances. I just removed the sims and friends and save with a different name like Previously Occupied 001. Then I usually reinstall the lot without sims in my game to get the correct price of the lot. I'm sorry I don't know about memories or object registries. Maybe someone else can answer that! I used Mootilda's lot adjuster to shrink this lot from 2x3 to 2x2 and that helped get a cheaper price too.
Site Helper
#12 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 1st Jul 2013 at 8:28 PM.
No. The Clean Installer doesn't remove any sim references associated with the lot. We do not know whether previously occupied lots are safe to share. Here is a thread where we are discussing the issue, but it will be difficult to guarantee that previously occupied lots are safe, even with a lot of research:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503383

If you package a lot with sims and then use the Clean Installer to remove those sims (as was done with this lot), we know that the sim objects are still on the lot. I assume that the game will delete these sims when it can't find a sim with the correct GUID in your neighborhood, but I haven't done the research necessary to say for sure.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 11:52 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:18 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4179985, 4179990
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
No. The Clean Installer doesn't remove any sim references associated with the lot. We do not know whether previously occupied lots are safe to share. Here is a thread where we are discussing the issue, but it will be difficult to guarantee that previously occupied lots are safe, even with a lot of research:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503383

If you package a lot with sims and then use the Clean Installer to remove those sims (as was done with this lot), we know that the sim objects are still on the lot. I assume that the game will delete these sims when it can't find a sim with the correct GUID in your neighborhood, but I haven't done the research necessary to say for sure.

Mootilda, thanks so much for your reply. I can see that I have a lot to learn about how the game works. To be honest, I've done this many times. I build a lot and package it. Then I move a sim in to play test. If everything is fine, I use the lot I packaged, but if I have to fix things, I do, and then I package the lot with the test sim in it and remove it as I did here. What might be a side effect of doing this? I'm truly sorry if I've caused people's games to crash. I haven't had any complaints. I will cease and desist doing this immediately. Thanks again for making me aware.

Hello anyone who has downloaded this lot. Could you possibly let me know if you had problems using it, especially since it has a hot tub that another sim got with Aspiration Awards? Apologies to anyone who has had problems.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:14 AM Last edited by eliseluong : 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:12 AM.
In the past, some of the houses I have downloaded turned out to have other people's sims references, I could tell by the opened door and a message saying 'object in used', apparently a sim was walking through the door while the house was packaged, so the door was packaged in the 'opened' and 'in used' states. It won't let me move it, so I used the move_objects on cheat to delete that door, it corrected the problem. Can I conclude that deleting the sims referenced objects can solve the sims reference problem?

You have uploaded several hundreds of houses and nobody made any complaint about it, I guess there was no harm done.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:32 PM
Ohh Anne I have done this too with all my houses!! I tend to make a Sim stand or sit after leaving the house to package up I hope that didn't create any problems either and I too will stop doing that as well I suppose we could just package it up first then send a sim in to play test and if we find any problems make a note of it and install the house again and fix them I think that would work out ok then
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:16 AM
In the past, some of the houses I have downloaded turned out to have other people's sims references, I could tell by the opened door and a message saying 'object in used', apparently a sim was walking through the door while the house was packaged, so the door was packaged in the 'opened' and 'in used' states. It won't let me move it, so I used the move_objects on cheat to delete that door, it corrected the problem. Can I conclude that deleting the sims referenced objects can solve the sims reference problem?

You have uploaded several hundreds of houses and nobody made any complaint about it, I guess there was no harm done.

Eliseluong! Thanks for the reply and the solution you have used. I imagine that will work but it will cost simoleons! Oh well, most of my houses require a substantial motherlode loan anyway. (I don't mean to sound insensitive to sims who can't get loans!)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CheekyBugga
Ohh Anne I have done this too with all my houses!! I tend to make a Sim stand or sit after leaving the house to package up I hope that didn't create any problems either and I too will stop doing that as well I suppose we could just package it up first then send a sim in to play test and if we find any problems make a note of it and install the house again and fix them I think that would work out ok then

Hi good friend of mine! You and I can plead ignorance or at least we could! I think eliseluong's solution of just deleting affected items will work!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:34 AM
The downloaders were probably doing it already, i.e. using the move_objects on cheat to delete the affected objects, everybody knows how to use this cheat, so no big deal.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 1:44 PM
Love the house you've made, triciamanly
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 1:59 AM
Crazy Cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 7:52 PM
I have had this lot for a long time in my game with no adverse affects. I loved the fact that is was previously owned and had a back story. Thanks.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandya
I have had this lot for a long time in my game with no adverse affects. I loved the fact that is was previously owned and had a back story. Thanks.

sandya! Thanks so much for the feedback! The last thing I want to do is mess up someone's game, so good or bad, feedback is necessary. All the best!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 11:41 AM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th May 2017 at 6:48 PM
Thank you