Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegumfish
Off topic, but it's funny reading all these comments after many years, everyone prefered loading screens instead of an open world, and now almost everyone is mad that the Sims 4 was made that way and most players are going back to the Sims 3

Because they ended up being objectionably worse. When TS4 was released, most that liked it were able to overlook the constant loading screens because they were a few seconds at the most, and people didn't like that TS3 could have you at worst waiting up to 10 minutes or so just to load in game - even though you only had to wait once and that was it.

Now the loading screens have become unbearable because of all of the cramming of packs into this game, they ended up becoming much longer. Pile that on top of requiring a loading screen for every little deviation from a Sim's house, even just to visit neighbors, and it's easy to see why.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:48 AM
Off topic, but it's funny reading all these comments after many years, everyone prefered loading screens instead of an open world, and now almost everyone is mad that the Sims 4 was made that way and most players are going back to the Sims 3

Well, we're not all the same people with the same opinions. I love the open world idea of The Sims 3 and always have, and I have always harped on The Sims 4 for not being open world.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:58 AM
Yeah I was always pro-open world. And if we couldn't have that, at least give us the tools to make our own like we could in BOTH games before it. TS4 pretends to be the best of both worlds but it's not really the best of either. Without mods, it's somehow even more closed off and lifeless than TS2's worlds

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 1:36 AM

Yeah, I had no idea how old this thread was. I just saw that it was listed as unread so I just popped in here and started reading, not paying any attention to the timestamps on the comments.

Then I got to @Random_Rowe comment and experienced the most confusing case of whiplash.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 3:02 AM
We come along way, Brookheights mod.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 3:54 AM

There has to be something worth your time after a loading screen.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#32 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 10:46 AM
The CAW mod is insane!

what does his name even mean?
Page 2 of 2