Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-leaked-screens/ a lot more screen shots.

If that trolley in pic #1 of the screens is not a form of transportation for my Sims, but simply a decorative world object, I'm going to be mad!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
GnatGoSplat, I totally agree with the look of the new Sims. They look great! I love the actual hairstyles, or rather, the idea of them, but the execution of the mesh came out all wrong. But, as you said, nothing that CC can't fix. I'd be downloading a slew of CC hair, anyway. And to be honest, the new hair meshes aren't any worse than some of what EA had already come up with in TS3, specifically that train wreck of a hairstyle that was included in the Ambitions registration set. Octopus, much?

I do like the actual hairstyles as well. They look a lot better than the hairstyles that were in TS3 base game, that's for sure. The sims look even better in the higher resolution renders. Overall, I feel encouraged and optimistic about TS4.

These screenshots make me think back about how someone jokingly suggested that EA wants TS4 to be so hip and trendy, that it will only have a young adult age group. It may have been said in jest, but there doesn't seem to be any other age group represented in any of these images. Surely, they wouldn't do such a thing. Of course not. That would be silly. Or would they? Hmmm...

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
If that trolley in pic #1 of the screens is not a form of transportation for my Sims, but simply a decorative world object, I'm going to be mad!

You can see the track along the road so there's hope it's not just decoration. But knowing EA...
Scholar
#29 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 9:40 PM
Not sure how i feel about this...it looks too sims 3-ish...and that is never a good thing. Lol
Instructor
#30 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 9:43 PM

To me, this looks like a diner and is most likely a rabbit hole. =(

[EDIT] Ahh, I did not notice the track! But still seems to be an odd object, since you can't see inside the car - the windows are opaque?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Alchemist
#31 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I do like the actual hairstyles as well. They look a lot better than the hairstyles that were in TS3 base game, that's for sure. The sims look even better in the higher resolution renders. Overall, I feel encouraged and optimistic about TS4.

These screenshots make me think back about how someone jokingly suggested that EA wants TS4 to be so hip and trendy, that it will only have a young adult age group. It may have been said in jest, but there doesn't seem to be any other age group represented in any of these images. Surely, they wouldn't do such a thing. Of course not. That would be silly. Or would they? Hmmm...

I really meant it as a joke, but I'm not sure I'd be surprised if EA did actually revert to the non-aging Sims of Sims 1 or the console versions.
I haz a sad just thinking about that, I'm a big legacy player, and going back to ageless Sims would not be something I would be interested in. I'm hoping that emphasis on YAs in the previews won't be wore than the current emphasis on that age group, where other ages are neglected but do actually exist.
I'm hoping that EA's response to complaints that there isn't enough for kids, teens and elders isn't to just do away with them altogether. (Problem solved!)

Redhead, I thought the trolley looked like a diner, too.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:09 PM

I know - A TRAM!

<cautiously optimistic - still a long way to go though>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#33 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat

If you look at the first picture posted in this thread, the sim with yellow pants appears to be significantly shorter than the others, maybe she's a teen?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:16 PM
Unless...egads! Height sliders? Could that be why she's more petite?
Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-leaked-screens/ a lot more screen shots.

I have to say that I almost feel like Sims4 is going to give me some kind of split personality disorder. In the thread, I was a little disappointed by the sims' look, then I followed this link and saw the many ways to customize faces and bodies. So I started to have a "discussion" with myself on which is more important. Then I noticed the little FAQ and that I have to have an Origin account, probably have to load some crapware from them just to get the game to work. On top of that, the "will not require a persistent online connection" makes it a bit less appealing.

So I'm wondering if any of their surprises when the game actually comes out will cause me to have a full-blown argument with myself.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:23 PM
the blocky hair is ok when the hair is straight, i can live with it, but what about curly hair? none of them have any kind of curls and it saddens me, i really wanted some nice looking curls or afros.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
Not overly excited, and really hoping these are "still in work" pictures (especially regarding the hairs - they look much worse than the TS2 basegame hairs).
The objects kinds look a bit too low poly, and there are a few other things, too. Better than TS3, yes, but I think I want to wait for videos to express any joy.

To be quite honest I don't think it's quite like a "sims 4" - A little in the TS2 street, and a little in the TS3 street, along with a whole lot of re-using (as always). 3.5, maybe?

The woman's "talking" expression in the pancake picture bothers me a little. Too TS3-ish for my taste. No one shows that much teeth when they talks. It just looks completely unnatural.

Faces look better, and the skin seems rather nice. The surroundings look a little TS3, but perhaps a little better (a bit difficult to see)

And (oooh!) Space rocket! I hope it's usable (if it's just a sculpture I'm gonna be very disappointed).

Love the light from the street light, though. Looks quite realistic.

And is it just me, or does the blonde, long-haired woman look very much like a barbie doll?
Instructor
#38 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
If you look at the first picture posted in this thread, the sim with yellow pants appears to be significantly shorter than the others, maybe she's a teen?

It's because she's leaning forward.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:42 PM
Here's a photoshop someone did on tumblr of the TS4 sims:

Quote:
Anyone willing to listen to a guy with some bad photoshops?

Anyway, we’ve all seen the sims 4 renders. The hair is… debatable to say the least. But it’s kinda inevitable that if modding is possible someone will make hair mods as usual, so I wondered what that would look like with prettier meshes. Three bad, rough photoshops (using random hair badly screenshotted from bodyshop at probably the wrong angle no less) later and here’s the result.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t do anything about beardy dude’s beard but damn, these sims have the potential to look actually good O.o

http://uranium-z.tumblr.com/post/58...y-with-some-bad

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

It's because she's leaning forward.
I think so - her knees and crotch are equal height with her neighbors'.
Scholar
#41 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohgreatone22
Here's a photoshop someone did on tumblr of the TS4 sims:

http://uranium-z.tumblr.com/post/58...y-with-some-bad

Now...- and I'm surprising myself here - but they don't actually look that bad with textured hair :D

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#42 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 12:03 AM
I don't like the art style at all . . . I play photoskinned but this seems like a huge graphical step down. Look at all that lazy meshing. Ugh, it looks like an iPad game to me. I'm sorry, that's just my opinion, but I do not like the art direction they took at all. TS2 looks better than that.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#43 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 12:05 AM
Not fond of the UI. I really hope they improve it. Graphics look cute and cartooney, not sure if a good or bad thing either. Simms look definitely better than they were on 3, though. Hoping for improvements on the hair.

Looks like we're having late night style bars in the base game from the pre-order bonus. I loved the first screenshot, It looks like an victorian themed town, not sure if it's just the theme of if we can live in certain ages?

Have you guys noticed that, in the third pic, the post lamp is iluminating BOTH FLOORS OF THE HOUSE? ♥

Some of the pics make them look like they are in a forest - I think they went a little crazy with the trees lol.

I'm guessing these screenshots are from the multiplayer part of the game. If you look in the UI, you can see some icons like mail, messenger, friends, gifts, etc.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 12:14 AM
I've always been fine with most EAxis hairs... what I'm more encouraged by is the appearance of these Sims looks fun, instead of the "ew, no" reaction I got and still get with TS3 Sims. Hopefully the lighting won't be as harsh either.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 12:40 AM
That photoshop with the hairs looks promising. I think with some decent CC they'll look okay. The trees need MAJOR work, though.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
TS2 looks better than that.

I don't agree at all with this. Here's a good pic for reference:

Field Researcher
#47 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 3:49 AM
Based on what I see here.. I'm pushing my TS2 game to last even longer. :/ I, personally, am unimpressed. But that's just me.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#48 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:20 AM
Visually better than TS2? I don't know. Maybe so....
Visually better than the pre-release pudding-face TS3 Sims? I'm inclined to think so. I admit the look of TS3 Sims (created by the community) did eventually grow on me, but some of the other aesthetics have not. If the TS3 pillows on a bed are glowing brighter than the lamps in TS2, perhaps it's time to turn down the bloom effect?

Progress is always change, but change is not always progress. This looks closer to what I wanted TS3 to be. The clothes are not shiny! People, look! Neither jeans nor sweaters have a shine! They don't look like plastic! I'd say that is progress.

Additional pictures found at SnootySims.com.

Renders aside (since that will not be what what we get in-game), I think Sims look fairly good. It looks like they are taking a "grab and mold/stretch the body part" approach over sliders. It should be interesting to see what modders can do with that.

This is such a small teaser. Where's the video? Where's the real-life EA NPC ringing my doorbell before leaving a gift-wrapped box at my door containing a new, free computer?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Alchemist
#49 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Progress is always change, but change is not always progress. This looks closer to what I wanted TS3 to be. The clothes are not shiny! People, look! Neither jeans nor sweaters have a shine! They don't look like plastic! I'd say that is progress.

Yes, thank you for bringing that up. I'm loving the lack of shine!

I want my sims to be able to wear jeans instead of leather pants all the time. It's not like they're out slaying vampires.
Instructor
#50 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I want my sims to be able to wear jeans instead of leather pants all the time. It's not like they're out slaying vampires.

Yeah, that's EP 9, (aptly named, to suit the new minimalistic feel: "Vampires- and-some-other-stuff-you'll-never-use-again"), gosh!
So our poor sims shouldn't have to suffer the horrendous chafing for that long!
Page 2 of 32