Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:13 PM
There will be absolute anarchy amongst Sims fans over this I tell you!

On another note having just looked on origin, you can apparently buy TS3 CAS on its own for €5...who would buy that?? Also for anyone who doesn't mind buying off of origin they appear to be having a half off sale on most Sims stuff, IP included.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:49 PM
I had an opportunity to buy it for $7 USD at one of the retailers, but just could not do it and spent the money on goodies I use to bribe my little nephew for good behavior. Good, now I don't have to feel guilty for not having the SP. Oh, I was too late to get it, not on shelves anymore.

Hope EA learned a lesson from this.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 5:43 PM
oh, so this game is going out of stock permanently? Well that's a pity. I guess I should buy it in case I lose the game files I "borrowed".

Honestly I don't understand the massive hate for this SP. I personally really like it. I'm not a ditsy girl, nor a girly girl and truthfully I'm absolutely indifferent to that Katy Perry. I just really like the stupid candy clothes because they are funny and great for Halloween or Candy themed stage shows. And the dress that's similar to Jessica rabbit's outfit is stunning

At some point I kinda pondered if some people hate sweet treats because of Katy Perry and then many others followed along like sheep: "they hate it, so I hate it!"
The same thing with Show time, because it was associated with her.

Of course disliking the clothes and objects just because they are disgusting to some is a fine reason, but just wondering if the image of Katy Perry had anything to do with that hate.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:26 PM
^No, everything was just godawful Katy Perry or no Katy Perry. It wouldn't matter if it was endorsed by Morgan Freeman, I still wouldn't buy it.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neon_wild
if it was endorsed by Morgan Freeman,
Now THAT would be a bad ass pack. It could even have children items from his Electric Company "Easy Reader" days.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Now THAT would be a bad ass pack. It could even have children items from his Electric Company "Easy Reader" days.

It sure would've given different reactions
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BartholomewMaximillion
She "loves" the Sims? I was under the impression that she had no idea what the Sims was until EA approached her or something. I recall seeing this one video where she called Showtime an "extension" pack.

THIS ^ x100000
Theorist
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Honestly I don't understand the massive hate for this SP. I personally really like it. I'm not a ditsy girl, nor a girly girl and truthfully I'm absolutely indifferent to that Katy Perry. I just really like the stupid candy clothes because they are funny and great for Halloween or Candy themed stage shows. And the dress that's similar to Jessica rabbit's outfit is stunning

I'm not a girl at all, not even an effeminate guy, and I liked this SP.
I really liked the same Jessica Rabbit outfit and the form-fitting vinyl dress.

Both those outfits look great on my sim chicks with big racks.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Well, they are Katy Perry outfits...

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Alchemist
#35 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 9:25 PM
She had a music video with candy and .. by that it gets a stuffpack like, that is so stupid.
I think it's awful
Field Researcher
#36 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 9:30 PM
I love this SP. THERE, I SAID IT.

Would I bend over backwards to get it if I didn't have it? No. But I still love it all the same.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Theorist
#37 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
So I heard on LGR's livestream of "Open For Business" that apparently EA has stopped selling "Katy Perry Sweet Treats" and the Katy Perry Collector's Edition of "Showtime". I haven't managed to find an official statement from EA about this, but you can no longer buy them on Origin or Steam:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...ulation/sims#88
http://store.steampowered.com/searc...4__12&term=sims

So if you want to experience their sugar-coated awfulness, you'll have to buy a used copy on eBay or Amazon. I'm guessing they've stopped selling them due to some copyright issue with Katy Perry, and not because of the horrible reception they've gotten.

So what does everyone think? Do you like that they've gotten rid of them? Hate that they've done it? Are you planning to sell your copy of "Sweet Treats" for millions? I personally am indifferent about it.

I don't buy a lot of EP's and SP's for any of my sims games specially if it doesn't make sense for my gameplay. I like Katy Perry and her music but she doesn't belong in my sims game in any way shape or form so.. will I be missing these 2 packs? NO. Will I miss KP in my game - NO she never was and never will be part of it. In the end, I'm not disappointed or happy that they're discontinuing it.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#38 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I'm not a girl at all, not even an effeminate guy, and I liked this SP.
I really liked the same Jessica Rabbit outfit and the form-fitting vinyl dress.

Now you have to post that little tidbit, after I can no longer get it?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 2:57 AM
Good thing I got a copy in disc format of Showtime Collector's Edition before the discontinuation!

I am a bit of a completist (in other words, I'd go crazy if I can't get it.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Alchemist
#40 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

Suffer, eskie, suffer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

It's okay, I promise I'll learn how to make CC and make you plenty of cleavage revealing outfits, but I probably won't finish until Sims 4 is mainstream and nobody cares about Sims 3 anymore.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:32 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the SP considered the most useless and "worthless" among players becomes a relatively pricey collector's item down the line due to its limited production run?

If this happens, I guess I should buy a copy now so I won't have to pay $40+ for it when I'm buying the other TS3 SPs (cheaply) and completing my collection in a few years time.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 9:24 AM
I doubt it.

Considering the Atari ET game is worth less than a pack of gum, which had half of its copies dumped in landfills, I don't think game collectors are willing to pay out the nose for stuff if it's shit.
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st May 2014 at 6:28 PM
Well I think the Stuff Pack was amazing and I love all the candy! Katy Perry is one of the best singers out there!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 1st May 2014 at 6:52 PM
And here I thought April was the National Necromancy Month.
One Minute Ninja'd
#46 Old 1st May 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131

I guess if you're on the other side of the International Date Line, it technically could still be April. There's another thread resurrected from the dead today so it looks like Necromancy, like this past winter, will just not fucking let go and move on.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 1st May 2014 at 9:27 PM
i honestly thought this thread was new before i saw i posted here.. didn't check the dates heh
Inventor
#48 Old 1st May 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131

On MTS every month is Necro month...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i honestly thought this thread was new before i saw i posted here.. didn't check the dates heh

No one ever does.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Scholar
#50 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:22 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not even mad about the resurrection spell on the thread. Remembering that this shitty pack went down is just lovely.
Page 2 of 3