Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
We already got two farm sets ("Farm Fresh Folk Set" and "Country Livin'"), so probably the next World will be about farming.

And milking. How meta of them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
lol, me neither :D
Well, there is a lot of time between now and before CAS I mean TS4 is released. EA has to get more money from somewhere. And they know sims players are easy. You only need to create half the product and people will still buy.

I buy some of the items because I look forward to what the modders do with it. You and bistro set...OMG, now it's worth using. You are a badass script goddess and I love what you do so much. *fangurling*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 3:16 AM
Still hoping desperately for some sort of proper city world. Something with a towering downtown area but nearby suburbia.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:10 AM
They should just stop.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:16 AM
Why stop? There's money to be made and suckers to leech off of. :D

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
They should just stop.

Why stop? Some of us are not planning to buy Sims 4, at least not right away. So selling sets through the store is not a bad idea. If you don't want to buy them, you don't have to do so. I like the option though. While the premium objects have been lame, some of the stuff isn't too bad. I like getting new rabbitholes!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I buy some of the items because I look forward to what the modders do with it. You and bistro set...OMG, now it's worth using. You are a badass script goddess and I love what you do so much. *fangurling*

Thank you ^_^

When somebody mentioned a do it your self game, I just imagined EA giving a link to visual studio and blender and going, "here, code your own game". All they need to give us then are the sound files and the specifications on what this EP consists of.

If it comes to world or PC, I'd rather just take PC. But honestly, I just hope EA will realize that TS4 is not coming out before summer and they have plenty of time to give us one more EP and then make us a proper OFB EP.

IF is not interesting me. The only thing that was interesting me is shopping, but IF shopping is too futuristic. The MH shopping functions better in a normal world than IF shopping. IF is a really heavy looking EP, with three different worlds and many items that just are so out of this world that it makes no sense to buy it unless one plans to use it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:42 AM
After seeing what you've done to the cart and the bistro set, I'm looking forward to what you do to the Midnight Hollow PC - if you do anything at all. :p

Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
After seeing what you've done to the cart and the bistro set, I'm looking forward to what you do to the Midnight Hollow PC - if you do anything at all. :p

I will, but I'm having a mod free month this month to catch up on all the RL stuff I've been ignoring.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 5:39 AM
You deserve it. I think... if you've been putting it off, I'm not so sure you want it lol

Scholar
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 6:47 AM
They should just stop.

No...just NO.Some people will not move to sims4(including me) so we need stuff.I don't buy everything what store sells,but I pick out what I need.Some of those things are really good....
BTW,if you don't like it-don't buy it.Simple,isn't it?
Scholar
#37 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I will, but I'm having a mod free month this month to catch up on all the RL stuff I've been ignoring.
That's okay take your time. I can't wait until it's all finished.

They should just stop.
Sadly that's not going to happen.

I just cannot believe there is another store world coming out and so soon. Anyways I hope that one of the items will come with a bakery,sell food or any Sim related items this time at least (I know I can't have everything) it would be a very nice addition.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:57 AM
They should just stop.

I personally think they should continue making more worlds (and more CAW content while they're at it). EA worlds, as broken as they are, are still prettier than many custom worlds (I'm looking at Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms) and new things to build with never hurts!

What I'd prefer them to stop doing is attaching half-baked premium content with the worlds. Let the worlds stand on their own merit, and the premium content on its own!

I'd also like them to stop making gimmicky worlds (Midnight Hollow was clearly designed to coincide with the Movie Stuff pack and Halloween) and introduce more normal ones. Our world is unique enough, we don't need more worlds that are only playable from a certain viewpoint and aren't well themed (i.e. normal cars in Lunar Lakes and modern technology in Dragon Valley). I want worlds in Japan, Korea, Australia, India, Greece, Central Europe, Spain, Africa, South America and beyond! And more unique worlds in Simnation wouldn't hurt as well- maybe the Great Plains, Louisiana, a big East Coast city, a boardwalk resort, or the Rust Belt would have some unique potential.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
What I'd prefer them to stop doing is attaching half-baked premium content with the worlds. Let the worlds stand on their own merit, and the premium content on its own!

I'd also like them to stop making gimmicky worlds (Midnight Hollow was clearly designed to coincide with the Movie Stuff pack and Halloween) and introduce more normal ones.

I agree. While I like the premium content, especially because it can be modded into something better, I think it should be sold separately from the worlds. I would prefer more normal worlds. I don't mind themes, but let them be more adaptable. A town with a Victorian flair, or a European style downtown would be nice and could be modern or period. I would prefer towns that I could easily go in and make mine by adding or subtracting a few things. I don't like having to go in and completely re-haul a town. It gets tedious. I like the houses and style of Midnight Hollow but the gray vegetation and all those trees are depressing to me. I would have to take it into CAW to change the terrain, which I might do, but sometimes it just seems like to much work.
One Minute Ninja'd
#40 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 5:11 PM
My one concern about ongoing Store content for 3 is that many of the better designers/producers/developers have moved on to 4 already. Nothing personal, but we're not getting the A team developing new stuff for us. I mean, look at MH. The architecture is quite good, but the character development looks like it was given to 3 Goth chicks working as unpaid interns for the summer. Yes, the look does sort of work for the town, but it really is pretty heavy handed. While my heart would like to believe that John and Jane Doe were added as an inside joke (note to non-US readers, John and Jane Doe are generic names, often used in connection with unidentified persons by law enforcement), but my head keeps telling me that they were too lazy to come up with something by that point late in development. And clearly, the OFB stuff was not given the kind of attention it deserved. Was that because Store stuff is developed in such a short time frame, or because the folks left behind to work on 3 are not either capable of better work, or aren't motivated because they know they're stuck working on a lame duck game?

A note to the developers left behind. If you want to get ahead, building a portfolio of high quality work usually helps when looking for promotions. Although that might not be the case at EA, it is generally true if you look for work elsewhere in the industry. So it really behooves you to put the extra effort in, even if it isn't appreciated by your current supervisors.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Why stop? There's money to be made and suckers to leech off of. :D

Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Why stop? Some of us are not planning to buy Sims 4, at least not right away. So selling sets through the store is not a bad idea. If you don't want to buy them, you don't have to do so. I like the option though. While the premium objects have been lame, some of the stuff isn't too bad. I like getting new rabbitholes!

Because they keep mucking them up so badly it's embarrassing to watch.

Alchemist
#42 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 6:11 PM

I agree. There's no point in making a product full of flaws. That is, unless they make a world properly.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 6:25 PM

Then don't watch! I don't feel embarrassed for people who get paid to make bad stuff. They are the ones who should feel embarrassed. The above comment was absolutely true. If these folks want to move on after Sims 3, they better show more than just the ability to meet deadlines. Ani did what they could not do in week and I bet they had longer than that....plus all those years of schooling.
Alchemist
#44 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:00 PM
I think that they are doing pretty good ..
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:12 PM
Then don't watch! I don't feel embarrassed for people who get paid to make bad stuff. They are the ones who should feel embarrassed. The above comment was absolutely true. If these folks want to move on after Sims 3, they better show more than just the ability to meet deadlines. Ani did what they could not do in week and I bet they had longer than that....plus all those years of schooling.

I play TS3, so it's basically impossible for me not to watch.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:31 PM Last edited by ani_ : 2nd Oct 2013 at 8:25 PM.
Ani did what they could not do in week and I bet they had longer than that....plus all those years of schooling.

A week, I wish ^_^ I actually a mod slower than I read because I only have the weekends to work on and some really early mornings when i couldnt sleep. This has been a month's project. I didn't start working on it until after I had the produce stand up for testing and I had that up on the sims daily on 25 of august, that's a sunday which means I didn't start on this until 1 of september.

Also I just figured out my modding free month is so not happening because I need to fix bugs people find + the last patch should come this month which means everything needs to be updated. But after this patch, no more

As much as I love this game I feel so out of breath with it sometimes. We just go the new world and I thought, great now we can catch our breath for five minutes but no, now there's already a new world out there creeping on us. TS4 can't come fast enough if you ask me.

At first I thought EA might keep releasing TS3 store stuff after TS4 comes out but now I'm thinking it wont. It would take too much focus on TS4 and they need to get people hyped about that. But I do think they'll just keep the TS3 store open until the sales go down and it costs more to keep it up than what profit it brings in.

I just hope they release some "all store stuff on one disk/download" package. I actually like many of the store sets.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
So how many worlds EA is going to release before TS4?

From twallan on the Chatterbox:
"The code-base mentions the possibility of at least five more store worlds. The developers added a generic set of identifiers for them that stretch to "DOT15" ("Midnight Hollow was "DOT10") prior to releasing "Sunlit Tides"."
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/64115132

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#48 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 9:12 PM
You know what that means.

Matrix54, you're gonna have to deliver 4 more threads. (No pressure.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 9:46 PM
As long as I'm not working on 4 at one time, I'm GREAT.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 5:05 AM
Any new info about the mailbox?
All I have seen are some tweets about crypts which makes me fear it's SN stuff again. I like the SN ep but would like something more normal this time.
Page 2 of 20