Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:41 AM
Default Anyone else not getting Into the Future?
Is anyone else not getting Into the Future?

From what I've read about, I think it sounds like no fun to play.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 7:06 AM
Certainly I won't rush to get it the very day it's released. The supply isn't going to run out if I wait until there are more player reports about it.

{ TL:DR version: I will be in the future pretty soon anyway, and for free. }
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 7:50 AM
Maybe, but not directly
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 7:53 AM
I have no interest in futureistic things so no I will not but I look forward to store worlds and right now I am very happy with my game. However premium content is welcomed.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 10:19 AM
Not immediately. And not before a "no time traveller" mod. I don't want to see him in any of my hood. I like some of The new socials i saw. Like the new kiss. That's why I'm getting it. Not for the time travel.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:15 AM
I will eventually, just for the sake of having a full collection. I don't have any desire to play it though. First pack ever (in all three series) that there was nothing in an EP that interested me. I think I'll spend the money on Midnight Hollow instead.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:18 AM
I'll probably get it, because I get ALL THE THINGS, but I'm not in a real rush to get it. It doesn't appeal to my style of gameplay, or the setting I like, or anything like that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:27 AM
The only thing I want are the grass rugs and socials, so I'd wait for it to go on sale. I think I'd have to heavily mod it, though. I don't want the hair or clothes set to random. The facial hair is okay.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:31 AM
I will get it but not on release day. Only a few items in the EP I could really use, but I am not a Sci-Fi fan. Might get it a few days after release, once the mods are complete for it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I will get it but not on release day. Only a few items in the EP I could really use, but I am not a Sci-Fi fan. Might get it a few days after release, once the mods are complete for it.

That's rather funny when I think about it; I'm a huge scifi fan, but I have no interest in this pack. Weird.
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 12:06 PM
Yeah, I'll probably find it lying on the sidewalk, cause I'm not paying for this. Too many expenses already.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 12:09 PM
I'm one of the five people excited for this, but this just fits into my trend of loving TS3 stuff that people here hate and hating the popular things.

sadtrombone.mp3

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Alchemist
#13 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
That's rather funny when I think about it; I'm a huge scifi fan, but I have no interest in this pack. Weird.

Me too. I love sci fi. But this isn't really sci fi, it's the Jetsons.

I'll probably eventually get this pack, mostly because I can't work up any interest in Sims 4, and this is the last thing for 3. But I'm in no hurry for it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 1:11 PM
I'll get it, but as HP already posted, more for the things than the game play itself. And I want a mod real fast to kill off the time traveler and the portal from popping up every time I start playing. If I hadn't already knocked off the mascot from Uni, can you imagine how crowded the front yard would get between a guy in a Llama suit and a guy with a time portal all showing up on your 10X10 lot?

Actually, this is good. Now I recall just how annoying that mascot really was. He's been gone so long I forgot he was even in the game.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 1:14 PM
There have been 45 release dates (so far) for the Sims series and I haven't missed a single one of them. Number 46 is coming up in just 13 days and I'm certainly not going to miss it.

~If you don't have the whole Game....You can't play the whole Game!~
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 2:01 PM
As much as I like scifi, probably not. I mean, I might in the very far future (ha!) but besides the fact that I never pay full price for TS3 things, there isn't much in it that interests me. Probably just the clothes and maybe the hair, and someone always extracts those.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#17 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yeah, maybe when it's $19.99 at Target. My days of buying an EP on the first release day are over - I just recently got University and Seasons. Still waiting for when the price goes down on IP. - never got Showtime.
Alchemist
#18 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 2:40 PM
I absolutely love scifi stuff and actually already preordered ITF quite awhile ago. It will also bring a lot of stuff to the futuristic world I'm building.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 2:54 PM
I don't plan on it. Had them all for Sims 1 and 2. But I already skipped Supernatural and wish I hadn't purchased University. I really have no interest in this one.
Theorist
#20 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 2:57 PM
I was going to have a future / alien hood in my game anyway, but this EP has just put it on a plate for me. But I won't be using the default hood hopefullY.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#21 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 3:22 PM
pre-ordered yesterday....cant wait...
Instructor
#22 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 3:33 PM Last edited by virgalibabe : 9th Oct 2013 at 4:23 PM.
I'm facepalming hard at the people who said they're not interested and don't think it's fun yet are planning on getting it eventually. You're not forced to buy the expansion. They are completely optional. If you dislike these type of stuff so much it is in your best interest not to give EAxis any of your money so they know that it's not a popular idea and thus won't make more of this kind of stuff for TS4 for example. *smh*

I'm getting it. I was very sceptical when I first heard the idea but with all the info they released about the EP they definitely stirred my curiosity. It'll be nice to try something out that hasn't been done in the franchise before. I also do LOVE all the bots and the idea of creating a utopia and dystopia.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Field Researcher
#23 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 3:43 PM
Dunno, I don't even know the release date to be honest! I probably will at some point but I'm playing on a laptop that doesn't have very good specs and it's a a miracle the game even works for me at all as it is, so I'm thinking could this be the EP that finally blows it up?

I've been pretty bored with the game lately anyway so there's no rush - as with the last few sim things I've bought (Island Paradise and Midnight Hollow) they re-spark my interest for about 2 days and then I just stop playing again. I imagine this EP will be the same.
Theorist
#24 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 4:33 PM
I think glass floors will be a patch level addition, not EP.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#25 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 4:49 PM
Nope. This, much like Supernatural, isn't something of interest to me, and not a theme that has broad enough scope to make it worth the spend for my style of play.
Page 1 of 4