Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 8:37 PM
Default Patch 1.63
It may or may not be posted on the forums at this time but the manual superpatch is up. Tweet conversation this morning with SGRusskii.

SimsVIP ‏@SimsVIP 1h
@crinrict http://akamai. cdn.ea. com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.63.4.024001_from_1.57.62.023001.exe

Whole conversation if you want to see it. https://twitter.com/blewis823/status/390922566933544960

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:01 PM
Is there anything special in the patch? I've never seen an EP patch so... bare. O_O

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:11 PM
Trying to get the update page up now. I don't think the page is ready, just keeps loading.

EDIT: Got it.

Quote:
To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Into the Future fixes

Loaded games no longer crash after saving and quitting while arriving in the future.
Sim heads no longer appear on the bodies of Plumbots on display.
Descendants can no longer own more than one house in the future.
Future outfits purchased by pregnant Sims will no longer duplicate in the outfit picker.
Future outfits purchased by pregnant Sims no longer disappear from the outfit picker when the baby arrives.
Pregnant Sims keep their belly when wearing clothing purchased from the clothing pedestal.
The projection paneling in the Bot Emporium is now interactive.
The Time Portal will no longer disappear when travelling to the future.
The colors of the trees in Utopia will now stay consistent when the camera is moved around.
Fixed an issue with loading legacy statues.

University Life fixes

Fixed Sims not always loading correctly when travelling to University.
Fixed Sims sometimes losing family data when travelling.
Fixed placement of elevator shafts.

Base Game Fixes

Fixed Sims sometimes turning invisible after a save/load.

Mac Fixes

Improved stability and performance for Mac version.

Yeah, very bare. I see the team fixed problems before the game's release. That is a first.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:14 PM
There was an elevator in University Life?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:18 PM
New loading screens with the patch, tweeted by Cinksims. https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/stat...934131284000768

Edited to include image.

Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
New loading screens with the patch, tweeted by Cinksims. https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/stat...934131284000768

You can also disable these in the settings if you don't want them as well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:23 PM
I don't know right now. Been tweeting for more information. I will make a post when I get the answers.

Inventor
#8 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 9:55 PM
So I just bought Sims 3 ( base , LN and IP) just installed and am , literally , in the middle of dling superpatch 1.57 -6538759075r43 stardate 2341 ( or whatever) when I see this thread. Oh well. With apologies to Clarence Carter " Patches , I'm dependin' on you son , I tried to do my best, It's up to you to do the rest" Well if nothing else Sims 3 is already making me nostalgic for some great old soul music from my childhood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jF5Zjewuw

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 10:07 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 17th Oct 2013 at 11:00 PM.
After watching the replay of the live broadcast, the new loading screens are mini games that you play and your sim will gain lifetime reward points. Also for advertising store sets (you knew it would) and other EA crap. So this may need a new mod to eliminate the screens all together or you can stay disconnected to the internet and bypass the advertising. It's a guess and I won't be patching anytime soon so I don't know how it works exactly.

Edited to add: SimsVIP has a better explanation of the loading screens. http://simsvip.com/2013/08/24/futur...g-screen-games/

Theorist
#10 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 10:29 PM
Default #;
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
this may need a new mod to eliminate the screens

Quote: Originally posted by sasdad
You can also disable these in the settings if you don't want them as well.

I heard this as well before.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:19 PM
Tweeted by Crinrict:

Crin ‏@crinrict 4m
950 XML Files have been altered in this patch. Most XML Mods will NOT work anymore.

So watch out.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:27 PM
Was just over at Simogical an Nona has a list of the Mods in a text document at: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...g13908#msg13908
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:31 PM
OMG, the Tuning Modders got some work on them. *HUGS* to my friends at Sims Asylum.

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:35 PM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 18th Oct 2013 at 12:12 AM.
O_O 950 XML and ITUN changes? Jesus. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:53 PM
WTF are they doing? The xml for vomit in toilet needed updating so you could do it in some futuristic style? Why SO many changes? And WTF is that demented looking loading screen of SN gone wild all about? I'm going to play a mini-game of kill the zombie and psycho fairy while waiting for the Future to load? And just how many snarling, evil fairies did you ever run into in SN, anyway, cause that's what she looks like to me?

Well, this is one patch I won't be rushing to apply anytime soon, even if I do pick up ITF next week. It's going to take a few weeks before all the mods get updated properly.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:53 PM
Does anyone have any idea why so many of these XML files have been altered yet? Looking through the list, many seem to relate to entirely normal base game interactions and Store content that you wouldn't expect to change much. Is it in some way connected to determining what Plumbots can do, or something else entirely?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 12:35 AM
Right, definitely not updating anytime soon.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 12:44 AM
dat loading screen.. nothing of interest for me here. that's a shame if this was the big future ep patch.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 12:50 AM
Did they add more terrain paints for other towns, at the very least?

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 1:06 AM
As a fellow simmer friend of mine is going to point out and be upset over.. but as of this patch still no official EA fix for werewolves from SN. (if you have mods this is easily avoided.. but there still should be an official fix ya know).

Add me as a friend in the Sims:
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Zagreus74
Eminence Grise
#21 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 1:24 AM
... why are there ITF fixes in THIS PATCH? We don't HAVE that code yet. Or was the last patch that came out around when MH was released secretly the ITF patch? Was there ITF-related code in that one? Did anybody look?

And yeah, seems a very weird time to introduce changes so systemic as to touch hundreds of xml resources >< Weird!

Anyway, installing, because I am a glutton for punishment
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:12 AM
Crinrict said they played ITF with 1.62 at Gamescon, so I think 1.63 were fixes to that patch. Wish we had the original patch notes.

Inventor
#23 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:16 AM
You can turn the interactive loading screen off in your options.

I'm not sure they tell us all the fixes. At gamescom the game version was 1.62 and I have the sneaky feeling the patch notes relate to the updates since then (there was a lot of crashing going on and that seems one fix they put in).

Maybe there's more, maybe there isn't. Guess we'll never know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
You can turn the interactive loading screen off in your options.

This I can appreciate. I know for me, I will be sick of that shit.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:31 AM
The sound you hear is that of modders across the planet crying out in pain and anguish.

I refuse to update at all until this shit settles. I'm glad to not be using the launcher to play so I know I can completely avoid it. Guess I won't be installing ItF anytime soon, though.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Page 1 of 7