Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carpet Dump: Three New Styles in Many Colors

by iCad Posted 26th Oct 2013 at 8:24 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 5:27 PM by iCad

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 9:30 AM
Welcome back iCad. Love those carpets, very practical and usable.
Needs Coffee
#3 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 10:37 AM
Great to see you back iCad. Yummy carpets, they remind me of ice-cream!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 2:44 PM
Very nice, especially the plushies, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 5:12 PM
These look GREAT!!! And if that's on a yucky graphics laptop, I can't wait to see em in my game!!! Thanks iCad! :hug:
Gone Fishin'
#6 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 6:08 PM
It's great to see you back!

I love these - and I envy my Sims who'll get to bury their toes in that plushie carpet. God bless stalwart netbooks!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 7:33 PM
Aw, thanks for the "welcome back"s, guys. I really have missed creating for the game, and it's been fun getting into it again even though I'm pretty much stuck with Homecrafter stuff for the moment...although I'm mulling over attempting to do a recolor. It just takes so long because SimPE runs so slowly on this thing. *sigh* We'll see.

Anyway:

@Jo: Yeah, ice cream! Lots of vanilla tones and chocolatey tones in there. Heck, even the greeny ones remind me of...yum...green tea ice cream.

@jbeach34: Oh, it's not a laptop. It's a netbook, a tiny little thing that wants to be a laptop when it grows up. So yeah, its graphics seriously suck because it's not meant for game-playing at all...but on the other hand, it weighs about a pound, which is nice for schlepping around, which is what I've been doing for the better part of the year, and it plays the game with all EPs/SPs well enough. That's precisely why I bought it, to play my silly game when on the road, with the intention of replacing it when it eventually asplodes. So, I'm happy. I just can't produce really purty in-game pics, at the moment.

@NixNivis: Y'know, I kinda envy those Sims, too. We got rid of all the carpet in my house so it's all hardwood and tile, but my boyfriend's place, which is just a small 1-room + bathroom cottage (but on the beach! ) has thick carpet in the sleeping area. I've forgotten how nice it is to roll out of bed and step onto nice, thick carpet with padding underneath instead of a thin area rug covering hard, cold wood. Lucky Sims!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 8:00 PM
Always on the hunt for some quality carpeting, and these look great. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 8:17 PM
Hey *waves* great to see you back! These carpets are beautifious
We've gone the carpetless route too, and I miss it on cold mornings...

I wondered if my little netbook could handle the sims - it really can't handle photoshop (sooooo ssslllooooowwww *gasp*) So, I guess I just assumed it couldn't do Sims. I think it meets most of the specs though... hmmmm... I'll have to try it
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Hey *waves* great to see you back! These carpets are beautifious
We've gone the carpetless route too, and I miss it on cold mornings...

I wondered if my little netbook could handle the sims - it really can't handle photoshop (sooooo ssslllooooowwww *gasp*) So, I guess I just assumed it couldn't do Sims. I think it meets most of the specs though... hmmmm... I'll have to try it

Yep, after re-experiencing carpet, I think Boyfriend and I need to go shopping for some thicker rugs for my bedroom at my house. We'll be going there once there's snow to ski on, and it's pretty cold in the house in the mornings.

I use Photoshop CS2, which I bought years ago when I was still homeschooling my kids so I could get the academic version/discount. It runs just fine, even with plugins, even when other things are running. If you have a newer version of Photoshop, you might want to think about installing a "downgrade" on your netbook. I think I heard a rumor somewhere that CS2 can be had for free in non-piratey ways now, so you might think about downloading and installing that on your netbook, see how it runs.

As for the game, mine runs all EPs/SPs pretty well. Load times are pretty long if using a lot of CC, but not terribly bad if I don't. (I have several user accounts set up, with varying levels of CC in each account's game files.) I do tend to avoid using community lots because of load times, so I've had to alter my usual community-lot-heavy play style a bit, but it's been OK. (Of course, it all depends on your specs. This machine is pretty low-spec, actually. It's running Windows 7 Starter, and it's only got 1GB of RAM, a good chunk of which is eaten by the stupid operating system. I've bought a RAM upgrade for it, since it only cost $20, but I haven't yet gotten up the nerve to attempt to install it because doing so apparently involves removing the keyboard to get at the guts of the thing. I'm afraid I'll break something.) I can't run much of anything else while playing, though, just an Excel tracking spreadsheet and my random number generator (for "die rolling" purposes), or else things slow way down. Especially if I start up a web browser. Also, large lots are pretty much a no-go. 3x3 is about the biggest I can go on this machine or else there's a lot of lag. Beach lots seem to work OK, though, so long as they're not gargantuan. Larger apartment buildings, dorms, and especially hotels will lag, too. So, the neighborhood I play on here consists of all small lots, mostly plasticbox's old "Newbie Road" houses. I've been playing big families in them, though, having fun making everyone fit. (Thank God for CC bunk beds! ) Things might run faster/more smoothly if I uninstalled some stuff. I might try uninstalling some SPs I don't tend to use much to see if it makes any difference, but I really don't like playing without all EPs. I'm spoiled.

So, um, anyway: I can recommend playing on a netbook. It's not my preferred way, of course, but since the alternative is no game at all when I'm away from home (and I'll be away more often than not for the foreseeable future), it's a compromise I'm willing to make. If you want some portability, I say give it a shot, just bearing in mind that playing on it will likely hasten the netbook's demise. But since they can be had for about $200 nowadays, I almost consider them disposable anyway. I don't keep anything crucial on this one for just that reason, and my game files are all backed up after every play session, so if it dies, it dies. I'll go buy another one, load everything up on it, and get back to playing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 9:17 PM
I went to check the downloads page and saw these carpets (but didn't notice your name). It was not until after I looked at all of the attached pictures and thought: "wow, finally, some nice, well-made carpets!!", did I bother to glance up to see who had made them. No wonder they're so perfect, and realistic, and textured. :) So happy to see you back in the Sims world (and creating lovely things) again!! :D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
...If you want some portability, I say give it a shot, just bearing in mind that playing on it will likely hasten the netbook's demise. But since they can be had for about $200 nowadays, I almost consider them disposable anyway. I don't keep anything crucial on this one for just that reason, and my game files are all backed up after every play session, so if it dies, it dies. I'll go buy another one, load everything up on it, and get back to playing.

Thanks for the reply
Yeah, my little netbook's sole purpose in life is to keep me entertained when I'm doing an artshow/festival - which hopefully won't be an issue now that "the season" is actually starting LOL! I'll try installing my simmies and see what happens.

Back on topic: I can attest, these carpets are absolutely beautiful in my game! I just know I'm gonna have to vacuum the plush one every time sim-one walks on it. LOL

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 11:34 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 27th Oct 2013 at 4:35 AM.
I was giggling at the rather unromantic "Carpet Dump" title for a thread with some quite yummy carpeting! I like that these are distinct from each other and available in some very realistic "I'd put this in my house" shades. The low pile one especially is something that'll be very handy not just for houses, but if I build offices or carpeted commercial spaces.

edit: I too love the feel of carpet under my toes, especially in winter, but we now have wooden floors. I find those MUCH easier to clean with our several beloved dogs and cats, all shedding, aaaaaaaall the time. My simmies can have carpets since their animals don't shed.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
#14 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 2:57 AM
pretty carpets, thank you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I was giggling at the rather unromantic "Carpet Dump" title

Going to continue to think of ice cream. *fingers in ears*

We have a combo of wood and carpet, but I wouldn't call ours plush, more like well worn, by kids and cats; but these are lovely.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 8:55 PM
Love them! Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:33 PM
These are fantastic! Seamless, great textures and a variety of colours! Just what I've been needing. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 7:31 PM
These are beautiful! Looks like some homes in my neighborhood(s) are going to be getting some remodeling work :D
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 2:10 PM
More comments, yay! Thank you all! :lovestruc

@COEG: Yep, wood floors are a godsend when you have mammal pets, that's for sure. We've got six dogs and four cats at home, all of them except two of the dogs indoors most of the time, and between the hair and the unwashed mammal stink...Yeah, unless you just say "Screw it!" and don't worry about it too much, carpets are just no good! But it is nice under the bare toes, indeed, especially if it's the really soft new-fangled microfiber stuff. We've got bath mats made out of that stuff, and it's reallllllllly nice.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:33 AM
Thank you I love carpet in this game, I wish it was like this in Sims 3 but it just looks like someone put a jpeg on their floor to me. I love this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 6:54 PM
Beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 6:18 AM
Thank you, iCad - and welcome back :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 6:15 PM
nice ;)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:50 PM
I'm always blown away by your skills in coloring. Thank you so much iCad.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:00 PM
These are PERFECT! I love the plushie ones!