Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aikea, HappySim, Sentate Pants as Maternity, with Curvy Morphs, and Untuck Edits

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 7:29 AM - Updated 6th Nov 2013 at 8:59 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 1:06 PM
These look great! Capris are a Winter staple here in Florida - I'll be using these a lot ;)
....I'm off to thank the original creators too :)
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 6:38 PM
Thanks so much, Cat! Those Sentate pants happen to be a favourite of mine for a certain sim who winds up pregnant a lot, so the added morph will come in very handy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 6:41 PM
Fantastic work, as always! Actually, it's because of your maternity edits to EAxis and other custom creators' works that I now use Squinge's pregnant hack. I love having so many choices for my expectant mothers! Oh, and thanks also for fixing the untucked state on Sentate's pants. Please, keep more great work coming! I'm greedy.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 7:50 PM
Thank you, folks! I'm very glad you find these edits useful in your games.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 8:09 PM
I love all these options for more maternity wear, but I obviously downloaded conflicting meshes or missed a mesh (or meshfix) somewhere because these aren't working right in my game. I spent the morning following links gathering all the meshes I thought I needed, including untuckable tops, the different meshes for the various pants, etc.
When I tried to use them in game, they weren't working correctly. When I chose a top, it worked great and showed the pregnancy morph. My sim was still in maxis pants, so I clicked on a pregnancy morph pants option next. Those worked as they were supposed to, but the top reverted back to nonpreg. When I clicked on the tops again, the tops reverted back to the correct preg state, but the pants reverted back to the nonpreg state.
I really have no idea what I did wrong. They all work separately, but not together. It is nice to have options for my nonpregnant sims, but I really had my heart set on new maternity. I'm not a modder, have no idea how to do that, and I love everyone who's savier than me in that respect. But I am pretty experienced in custom content in my game, and I've even been able to troubleshoot before. But this time I'm baffled, and I'm hoping you can help me know where I went wrong! Thanks in advance for any help!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaraLindstrom
I love all these options for more maternity wear, but I obviously downloaded conflicting meshes or missed a mesh (or meshfix) somewhere because these aren't working right in my game. I spent the morning following links gathering all the meshes I thought I needed, including untuckable tops, the different meshes for the various pants, etc.
When I tried to use them in game, they weren't working correctly. When I chose a top, it worked great and showed the pregnancy morph. My sim was still in maxis pants, so I clicked on a pregnancy morph pants option next. Those worked as they were supposed to, but the top reverted back to nonpreg. When I clicked on the tops again, the tops reverted back to the correct preg state, but the pants reverted back to the nonpreg state.
I really have no idea what I did wrong. They all work separately, but not together. It is nice to have options for my nonpregnant sims, but I really had my heart set on new maternity. I'm not a modder, have no idea how to do that, and I love everyone who's savier than me in that respect. But I am pretty experienced in custom content in my game, and I've even been able to troubleshoot before. But this time I'm baffled, and I'm hoping you can help me know where I went wrong! Thanks in advance for any help!

Is this what you are seeing? Are you using HystericalParoxysm's top mesh? Try the fix for HP's untuckable top, that should fix it. If it doesn't, let me know which tops this happens with, and whether you are using Squinge's mod, or another mod to let pregnant sims wear any clothes.

Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=CatOfEvilGenius]Is this what you are seeing? Are you using HystericalParoxysm's top mesh? Try the fix for HP's untuckable top, that should fix it. If it doesn't, let me know which tops this happens with, and whether you are using Squinge's mod, or another mod to let pregnant sims wear any clothes.

Yes, that is what I'm seeing. Although if I use the pants first, then they look the way they should and the top turns flat. I am using HP's top mesh, and your fix. I don't have Squinge's mod, I'm using the hacked "shop at home coat rack" by Mary Lou and Numenor. I didn't think that would interfere with the mesh, but maybe it does? I don't have a ton of mods or hacks, the big ones I use are inteenimator and the sim blender.

When I first downloaded HP's top mesh, your fix, these pants and your changes to Sentate's skirts, I didn't pay a ton of attention to what I was doing, and shoved it all in several different folders and subfolders. When the meshes didn't work properly in my game, I went through and redownloaded everything, taking care to put all recolors in the same folder as their meshes, regardless of who created what (I'm ususally very anal retentive about labeling my downloads and using subfolders, I don't shove things in to one folder), but I thought maybe too many subfolders made a difference?

This made no impact, so I then wondered if I wasn't supposed to be using both HP's top mesh and your fix, and took out the top mesh. That didn't work, so I put the top mesh back in and took out your fix, and that didn't work either.

Then I took everything maternity, put it all in one folder, no subfolders, and put that directly in my downloads folder, no fashion subfolder where it usually resides.

I feel like I've exhausted the folder/subfolder issue, and truthfully, it's only been in the past week that I've read anything about subfolders maybe affecting the order the different packages load.

The maternity clothes I currently have in my folder:
the pants (aikea's only) that are on this thread
your uni neohippie meshes
sentate's boho skirt and ruffled skirt, plus the pregnant morph and several recolors
hp's untuckable top mesh and your fix, plus recolors (most of yours, plus some plain tees by lenasha, and the oriental motif tops by lenasha

I've also got a bunch of defaults for the h&m outfits to become maternity, although I actually added these after trying to get the untuckable top to work. The defaults aren't working. I have the defaults for the men's wear, too, in a separate folder, and they also aren't working, although once upon a time and one laptop ago they worked just fine.

So... all that, hopefully it helps. I'll feel really stupid if this is all because I'm using the hacked coat rack instead of squinge's mod. I just wasn't sure about that mod and whether it's compatible with inteen.

Thank you soooo much for your help and your time! And I am very much enjoying all your meshes for my nonpregnant sims!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:34 AM
Sara
The HP untuck top mesh and my fix should be in the same subfolder. My fix should load after HP's mesh. The load order is determined by how the files are named. When they are in the same folder (or subfolder), they load in alphabetical order. Did you happen to rename any of the files? If so, check that my fix for the shirt is alphabetically after the mesh. It sounds to me like the fix is getting loaded first, when it needs to load after the shirt. If that's not the problem, let me know, and I'll keep thinking.

Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Sara
The HP untuck top mesh and my fix should be in the same subfolder. My fix should load after HP's mesh. The load order is determined by how the files are named. When they are in the same folder (or subfolder), they load in alphabetical order. Did you happen to rename any of the files? If so, check that my fix for the shirt is alphabetically after the mesh. It sounds to me like the fix is getting loaded first, when it needs to load after the shirt. If that's not the problem, let me know, and I'll keep thinking.

I haven't changed any file names, so your fix is listed after the original mesh. I have it all sitting folderless in my downloads file at the moment, though it didn't act any different than when it was in a subfolder titled maternity. There's got to be something interfering with it for whatever reason, because I'm out of ideas. This computer uses windows 8. Does that make a difference in how the game loads files?
I've avoided using squinges mod because I've heard there might be compatibiliby issues with inteen, and the sim blender works well for me, but maybe I will switch those out to see if it makes a difference. Although when it comes down to it, I would miss the sim blender terribly in my game.

Anyway, if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them. I really appreciate your help with this!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaraLindstrom
I haven't changed any file names, so your fix is listed after the original mesh. I have it all sitting folderless in my downloads file at the moment, though it didn't act any different than when it was in a subfolder titled maternity. There's got to be something interfering with it for whatever reason, because I'm out of ideas. This computer uses windows 8. Does that make a difference in how the game loads files?
I've avoided using squinges mod because I've heard there might be compatibiliby issues with inteen, and the sim blender works well for me, but maybe I will switch those out to see if it makes a difference. Although when it comes down to it, I would miss the sim blender terribly in my game.

Anyway, if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them. I really appreciate your help with this!

Hmmmmm... Do you have AnyGameStarter? Could try making an anygame with no CC, add some preggers shirts and pants, see if they work. Add InTeen, see if they still work. Add SimBlender, see if they still work. Add some more stuff until they break. Or... try temporarily removing some stuff from your regular games' Downloads folder until the clothing works, then add a few files back in at a time. If something is interfering, that'd be how I would look for it. It may not be InTeen or SimBlender at all, but maybe someone else made a variation of HP's mesh, or Aikea's mesh, and it's in there too, getting loaded last? Don't know if Win8 is an issue at all. Wish I could be more help. Do please let me know if you try this, how it turns out.

Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:43 PM Last edited by SaraLindstrom : 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Hmmmmm... Do you have AnyGameStarter? Could try making an anygame with no CC, add some preggers shirts and pants, see if they work. Add InTeen, see if they still work. Add SimBlender, see if they still work. Add some more stuff until they break. Or... try temporarily removing some stuff from your regular games' Downloads folder until the clothing works, then add a few files back in at a time. If something is interfering, that'd be how I would look for it. It may not be InTeen or SimBlender at all, but maybe someone else made a variation of HP's mesh, or Aikea's mesh, and it's in there too, getting loaded last? Don't know if Win8 is an issue at all. Wish I could be more help. Do please let me know if you try this, how it turns out.

I've spent the past couple of days messing around with my downloads folder, taking stuff in and out to determine if I could find the culprit... eventually I took everything out except for HP's untuckable tops and these pants, and the wear anything coat rack. And it still didn't work. Apparently, my game hates me. I guess it wasn't meant to be and my poor pregnant women must deal with ugly maternity clothes (just like in real life, lol). Thanks for your help and brainpower!

edit: I actually just spent some time googling info on the Sims2 compatibility with Windows8, and it sounds like I'm ridiculously lucky that I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the running of the game. Some people couldn't even get their game to install, or it would crash in CAS. So I suppose if the only bug I have is a weird problem with some custom content... I should consider myself lucky!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:35 PM
Hugs kiss kiss lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:46 PM
Amazing amazing amazing! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 6:25 PM
YOU ROCK!!!!