Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 12:55 PM
Guyss ? Why do I got no answer =(

*quote*Here is the picture :

The only thing i want to say is that i cant't push the eye dept inward because the slider is already at the maximum left it is also the case the wider of the bottom lips wich i agree need to be wider.*end of quote*
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 7:12 AM
I think you need a better picture. If you look in the buydebug menu (testingcheatsenabled on, buydebug), there are some invisible walllights, that can help eliminate shadows on your sims face.
Right now, it's very difficult to make suggestions, because his actual features are hard to see. It does look like you still have heavy clipping under the nose, I still suggest moving the nose until the clipping goes away.
Hang in there
Scholar
#28 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 10:46 PM
Tigerdyhr is right. We can help more if you have more light in the picture, take the picture closer to the sim's face, and, if possible, with the sim facing forward like the reference photo. It looks like the nose might be a little wide at the nostrils. Does the sim have on lipstick? I wonder because it looks like just the center of the lips are colored. Looking forward to an update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 11:40 PM
Here you go guys, more light ^^

Instructor
#30 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 11:56 PM
For his nose:
- reduce the nose height
- reduce nose mass
- reduce nose width

(basically his nose is out of scale with the rest of his face. It is also what is causing that "wrinkle" below his nose.

Mouth :
- reduce the thickness of his upper lip.

Eyes:
- move the upper apex slider so the highest part of his eye is more towards the inner corner of his eye.
- lower the outer corner

It appears you are using #aWT's jaw rotation slider, and I would reduce it a little bit. Reduce the scale of his chin a tiny bit. His cheeks are nice and I wouldn't change them a bit.

It sounds like an awful lot of changes, but everything I'm mentioning is just very small adjustments. "Fine tuning" his face a little.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 11:58 PM
Your sim's chin seems a bit too large, but that may be the angle at which you took the screenshot.
Also, the custom eyes that you're using make your sim's eyes look different, even though the shape appears to be correct. Could you use eyes that that have an iris that goes completely into the inner corner?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 12:51 AM

@SimmyRN : Yes he does because to replicate the fact that the lips of luke seem to be puplelish

Also I dont know what is happenning under his nose now O_o
And no I dont use any AWT slider except for his stretch, but it is not from AWT
Instructor
#33 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:46 AM
That's the clipping I've mentioned before - under his nose. You need to move the entire nose (nose height) until it goes away. You've got plenty of room for it, because the nose is too long as it is now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 2:27 PM Last edited by melochan : 23rd Dec 2013 at 2:42 PM.
I think it is disappear now =)

here is a question, why does the nose look so good in cas and in game it look stupid, like he is pulling on his nose...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 6:13 AM
so I still got no answer, but I know it's probably because of the holiday =)
Instructor
#36 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 10:55 AM
Again, I need profiles to compare properly, but it looks like the nose tip is turned upwards, maybe even the nose rotate - it's hard to tell. I think you went a bit too far on the nose, there's a bit too much distance between the mouth and nose.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:18 AM
I know it look like it's not the same dude, but it is and it is the only "profile" picture i could found.

Instructor
#38 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:39 AM
You have his jaw pushed too far forward giving him a very pronounced under-bite. Also, you need to make his nose quite a bit longer (stick further out from his face).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 4:09 AM
Here you go last update before i sleep

Instructor
#40 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 6:56 AM
I know I'm pushing it here, but when I asked for profile pictures, I was hoping for both profile and front

It's a great profile picture - I think a lot of sim creators wish they has such a good one
Looks like his ears should be rotated a bit.
Better on the jaw.
I think you went a bit too far on the nose - just a bit.
His nose should probably be rotated up, ever so slightly.
It's not all that easy to see because of the background color, but I think you might want to raise the bridge a little.
The nostrils are a bit on the flat side, I think it might help to increase their size or maybe even lower the nostril definition.
Keep up the good work
Instructor
#41 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 12:15 PM
I agree with Tiger's suggestions. And you should have both front and profile pictures. And when you make a change to adjust something on the profile you should always check to see what it did from the front (and the same goes for the other way around).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:42 PM Last edited by melochan : 31st Dec 2013 at 2:59 PM.
I've finish most of the work altought when I was about to post the picture I notice that the nose was rotate downword altought I know I did not do that...so give me a few minute and I'll edit this post

and

Scholar
#43 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:25 AM
From the side, bring the eyes forward and increase the nasal bridge indent - which should be a little below the eyebrows. From the front, increase the eye scale a tiny bit, shorten the nose and move the nose up to make more space between nose and lips. Make the eye color a little darker and widen the chin. Soften the nose definition, if possible. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 3:32 PM
Here is the update :

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 11:30 PM
I wait 4 day still no answer...I need review guys =)
Scholar
#46 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 4:50 AM
Face and chin need to be wider. Shorten the nose and bring it down, then indent the nasal bridge more. You may need to readjust the position of the mouth and the length of the chin. If possible, decrease the nose definition to "soften" it some. End of the nose looks close as do the eyebrows. If you can get a little closer to the sim's face when taking pictures, it would help. Good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:07 AM
Updateee

Is it close enough ?

Instructor
#48 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 10:38 AM
I'm going to say something that you probably won't like and I am truly sorry. I only wish to help. But I think you should start over again with the nose. Pick a new template that is close-ish and begin again. Something seems to have gone wrong somewhere, and I don't have the slightest idea how to fix it. Someone might have a suggestion, so feel free to ignore me, if that's the case.

Other than the nose, I think you should make the chin SLIGHTLY smaller. Really not much, just a little. The shape is good, it's just the size that's a little bit too large.
I'm not too sure about the brow - it looks good shapewise, but it looks like brow thickness is a bit too much. Can you lessen it, so there isn't that "lump" over his eyes?

Keep it up
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 4:48 PM
A brow thickness ? I don't remember that we can do that...maybe it is just me. And dont worry I'm not mad for the nose. I'll begin from scratch tonight
Instructor
#50 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 7:27 PM
Hmm, you're probably right - I think it's a custom slider. Ehm, I don't know if it might be the brow height that's just a touch too far down then. It's not much, it's just to get rid of that little lump.
Page 2 of 3