Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Envisage

by Meagan Jo Posted 10th Jan 2014 at 3:28 PM - Updated 10th Jan 2014 at 5:49 PM by Meagan Jo : Fixing the description

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 12:31 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KazzyC
Thank you!

Oh no Thank you for liking it enough to thank me and possibly DL!
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 3:20 PM
Great House!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 3:41 AM
I don't have all the stuff packs or Expansions for this house, but can anyone tell me which expansion would best allow me to experience the design decor of this home if I can only purchase one or two?
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 3:55 AM
I don't have all the stuff packs or Expansions for this house, but can anyone tell me which expansion would best allow me to experience the design decor of this home if I can only purchase one or two?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alessionuti
Great House!!!!!

Thank you, glad you like it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phienyx

Hello Phienyx! Your best overall option would be to purchase Into The Future as I have mainly featured this expansion pack in this build most of the other stuff is just some odds and ends like decorations for example you may be missing a few potted plants, maybe a wall pattern or two, those wall lights which you can make up for with being creative with a pattern. I hope this helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Meg
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 2:43 PM
Thank you ^^
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:16 AM
Hi there! I wanted to say beautiful creation. I actually signed up to the site so I could download it, and then spent a good day trying to find a world with a plot large enough for it. So I wanted to say thank you!!

But, I have had a few problems with it (Once I found a plot/world to use it with). The first problem is the stairs that connect to the garage/basementy area don't seem to work. My sim will walk down them, Get to the bottom, turn around and do it over and over until he falls through the stairs and complains because he can't go where I told him too, and im really not sure how to fix that, if it's the house, or if it's the world (The world in question is beach city it's a plot of land over by a lake area, and it has what looks like an old broken down pier in the water behind the area. I don't know the actual address off the top of my head)

The second issue, which I think is more of a sims 3 issue vs an issue with the house, is that when trying to get the sim to move to the botbuilding station/room. The sim refuses to use the elevator unless told explicitly to do it. For me that's not so much of a problem but I thought i'd mention it anyways. The biggest problem for me is the stairs for the basement being lame.

Other than that the house was just fine for my short playthrough. I just thought i'd let you know just incase there was anything that could be done. I will admit to being a sims newb, so if it's easily fixable on my end by all means just tell me what to do and I shall do it! :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 10:32 PM
Wow that is an issue but when I originally made the house it was in Oasis landing and had no issues with the stairs nor the tube elevator. In the end I moved it to Sunset Valley to retake pictures for MTS and still had no issues with the sim family that I had moved in. I wonder what could possibly be causing the issues you are having. I am going to go do another play test since I still have the lot in Sunset Valley. I've only ever placed it in EA created worlds so I don't know if it could possibly be an issue with the world you are using. Thank you so much for this information!

Quote: Originally posted by vengfulr3ap3r
Hi there! I wanted to say beautiful creation. I actually signed up to the site so I could download it, and then spent a good day trying to find a world with a plot large enough for it. So I wanted to say thank you!!

But, I have had a few problems with it (Once I found a plot/world to use it with). The first problem is the stairs that connect to the garage/basementy area don't seem to work. My sim will walk down them, Get to the bottom, turn around and do it over and over until he falls through the stairs and complains because he can't go where I told him too, and im really not sure how to fix that, if it's the house, or if it's the world (The world in question is beach city it's a plot of land over by a lake area, and it has what looks like an old broken down pier in the water behind the area. I don't know the actual address off the top of my head)

The second issue, which I think is more of a sims 3 issue vs an issue with the house, is that when trying to get the sim to move to the botbuilding station/room. The sim refuses to use the elevator unless told explicitly to do it. For me that's not so much of a problem but I thought i'd mention it anyways. The biggest problem for me is the stairs for the basement being lame.

Other than that the house was just fine for my short playthrough. I just thought i'd let you know just incase there was anything that could be done. I will admit to being a sims newb, so if it's easily fixable on my end by all means just tell me what to do and I shall do it! :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 11:44 PM
I just got done play testing again with it in Sunset Valley on 2 different lots and didn't have any routing issues as my sim was able to go up and down all the stairs including the lowest level to the garage and didn't have any issues going to the bot building room by just clicking on the floor and then selecting go here. I was hoping I could figure out why your game seems to be having an issue with these. Have you tried placing a 64x64 lot from the world tool flattening it and then placing the lot?

Quote: Originally posted by Meagan Jo
Wow that is an issue but when I originally made the house it was in Oasis landing and had no issues with the stairs nor the tube elevator. In the end I moved it to Sunset Valley to retake pictures for MTS and still had no issues with the sim family that I had moved in. I wonder what could possibly be causing the issues you are having. I am going to go do another play test since I still have the lot in Sunset Valley. I've only ever placed it in EA created worlds so I don't know if it could possibly be an issue with the world you are using. Thank you so much for this information!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 11:59 PM Last edited by vengfulr3ap3r : 22nd Jan 2014 at 2:02 AM.
Hello once more! I haven't tried that, But i'll most definitely do that first thing. I was planning to do a bit of trouble shooting today always! So i'll definitely try to flatten the lot before placing the house. I'll also see about placing the lot in an EA created world to see if it has the same issues, Ill probably even see about placing the house on multiple different 64x64 lots in the world to see if it has issues in those lots as well.

Personally im thinking that part of the reason why im having any sort of issue at all is because of the world in question not being completed just yet , I was kinda expecting that to begin with since I hadn't seen anyone else mention any sort of problems with routing. So ill get to testing that in just a few moments and report back with my results later this evening! Thank you, for doing the testing and getting back so quickly, It is most appreciated! Specially now that I know the issue in question isn't related to the house and instead on my end. =]

Edit; Alrighty! So, I tested the house on around four lots total in the same world that was giving me issues. The original lot did have a slight slope to it, and even when using the flattening tool to place the house the basement stairs were still broken. But this was easily fixed by using another lot that was already flat by default which gave me no trouble and fixed that particualar bit! Note; It was fixed on the other three, already flat, lots. It seems only that one particular lot was causing the stairs to break.

The only thing I continued to have trouble with was routing issues using the elevators. My sim absolutely refused to use them, but I was able to delete and re add them and my sim once more recognized they were there and used them. I think that's something other people have had to deal with since I did see that particular solution while googling the problem in the first place.

So! It seems all the issues were just on my end and/or are very easily fixed. So thank you, for doing that testing to help me narrow down the problem being on my end, and once more for the beautiful house! =]

I just got done play testing again with it in Sunset Valley on 2 different lots and didn't have any routing issues as my sim was able to go up and down all the stairs including the lowest level to the garage and didn't have any issues going to the bot building room by just clicking on the floor and then selecting go here. I was hoping I could figure out why your game seems to be having an issue with these. Have you tried placing a 64x64 lot from the world tool flattening it and then placing the lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 2:23 AM
I am so happy to hear that you have gotten it figured out, I wonder what the issue was with the elevators you were having, hmmm before I read the rest of the post I had started to think that maybe you had a techniphobe sim lol! Because I have witnessed a techniphobe sim not want to use tube elevators but that was when I first moved my sim family to the future and was dinking around in the original house that you land in. I am interested in your findings while searching and why they or it had to be deleted and replaced... I am glad that you are able to play with the house as it was intended now! And thank you for the lovely compliment!

Hello once more! I haven't tried that, But i'll most definitely do that first thing. I was planning to do a bit of trouble shooting today always! So i'll definitely try to flatten the lot before placing the house. I'll also see about placing the lot in an EA created world to see if it has the same issues, Ill probably even see about placing the house on multiple different 64x64 lots in the world to see if it has issues in those lots as well.

Personally im thinking that part of the reason why im having any sort of issue at all is because of the world in question not being completed just yet , I was kinda expecting that to begin with since I hadn't seen anyone else mention any sort of problems with routing. So ill get to testing that in just a few moments and report back with my results later this evening! Thank you, for doing the testing and getting back so quickly, It is most appreciated! Specially now that I know the issue in question isn't related to the house and instead on my end. =]

Edit; Alrighty! So, I tested the house on around four lots total in the same world that was giving me issues. The original lot did have a slight slope to it, and even when using the flattening tool to place the house the basement stairs were still broken. But this was easily fixed by using another lot that was already flat by default which gave me no trouble and fixed that particualar bit! Note; It was fixed on the other three, already flat, lots. It seems only that one particular lot was causing the stairs to break.

The only thing I continued to have trouble with was routing issues using the elevators. My sim absolutely refused to use them, but I was able to delete and re add them and my sim once more recognized they were there and used them. I think that's something other people have had to deal with since I did see that particular solution while googling the problem in the first place.

So! It seems all the issues were just on my end and/or are very easily fixed. So thank you, for doing that testing to help me narrow down the problem being on my end, and once more for the beautiful house! =]
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 5:27 AM
You are more than welcome for the compliment. I've always loved modern houses and I loved it the moment I saw it, so much so after a few pages I just stopped looking for another house because yours was just so perfect for what I envisioned! :P

My sim isn't a technophobe though. Quite the opposite in fact, I'm quite the techie and it would be so odd to have a sim so opposite to me! I have Artistic, genius, computer wiz, good sense of humor, friendly, natural cook, and bookworm for my traits and I believe my advanced tech skill is currently hovering around 5 perhaps? Maybe 6. Honestly i'm not completely sure what caused the routing to break when placing the house it into my game. I'd say the basement was my own fault, and the elevator is rather easy to fix so it's a non issue really.

The only bit of info to note with regards to the elevator is that the only way the game would allow me to replace the bottom most elevator (Bottom most for the robotics room elevator) was that I had to use the moveobjects cheat in order to get the game to register I could place an elevator shaft there, the level above up to the robotics room was fine, it was just the bottom most elevator which required the cheat. I thought maybe it was the purple lights around the corner that was causing the problem but even after deleting those (Only for the test house to pin down the problem) it still refused to allow me to place it, so I just said screw it, used the cheat as a sort of hail marry, tested it with my sim and he used the elevators without any problem after that point. It is rather odd though and if I ever figure out why it's doing it, I will definitely let you know. Apologies for such lengthy replies I just prefer to be as thorough as possible when it comes to trouble shooting information.

I am so happy to hear that you have gotten it figured out, I wonder what the issue was with the elevators you were having, hmmm before I read the rest of the post I had started to think that maybe you had a techniphobe sim lol! Because I have witnessed a techniphobe sim not want to use tube elevators but that was when I first moved my sim family to the future and was dinking around in the original house that you land in. I am interested in your findings while searching and why they or it had to be deleted and replaced... I am glad that you are able to play with the house as it was intended now! And thank you for the lovely compliment!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 11:34 PM
Oh don't worry about the lengthy responses, I like thorough and you have done wonderfully! I so wish I were having the same issue that way I could help you pin point what the issue was. Sounds like a real pain and glad that hail marry worked lol!

How the build itself came about a friend of mine really liked The Campus in Oasis Landing but hated the fact that she couldn't put it on a flat lot so what I did was somewhat recreate it but made it bigger and of course other features plus the rooms are different I did however like the indoor water features so I did recreate those where they were in EA's house but of course had to add my own touch to them. Whenever my sims go to the future I will definitely be having them live here because I absolutely love how it turned out. Thank you so much for all the awesome compliments and keeping me updated on the issues you encountered and how you fixed them!

You are more than welcome for the compliment. I've always loved modern houses and I loved it the moment I saw it, so much so after a few pages I just stopped looking for another house because yours was just so perfect for what I envisioned! :P

My sim isn't a technophobe though. Quite the opposite in fact, I'm quite the techie and it would be so odd to have a sim so opposite to me! I have Artistic, genius, computer wiz, good sense of humor, friendly, natural cook, and bookworm for my traits and I believe my advanced tech skill is currently hovering around 5 perhaps? Maybe 6. Honestly i'm not completely sure what caused the routing to break when placing the house it into my game. I'd say the basement was my own fault, and the elevator is rather easy to fix so it's a non issue really.

The only bit of info to note with regards to the elevator is that the only way the game would allow me to replace the bottom most elevator (Bottom most for the robotics room elevator) was that I had to use the moveobjects cheat in order to get the game to register I could place an elevator shaft there, the level above up to the robotics room was fine, it was just the bottom most elevator which required the cheat. I thought maybe it was the purple lights around the corner that was causing the problem but even after deleting those (Only for the test house to pin down the problem) it still refused to allow me to place it, so I just said screw it, used the cheat as a sort of hail marry, tested it with my sim and he used the elevators without any problem after that point. It is rather odd though and if I ever figure out why it's doing it, I will definitely let you know. Apologies for such lengthy replies I just prefer to be as thorough as possible when it comes to trouble shooting information.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:06 PM
This is one of my favorite houses ever. My computer is too slow to run something on the lot but I loved it while I could tolerate the lag. It's beautiful and spacious and had pretty much everything I wanted/needed. Thanks! I'm going to check out your other stuff now.
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 2:44 AM
Great house, love it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 8:46 PM
Thank you! What a bummer that your game was lagging, it is quite the large build and could definitely bog down ones game play, surprisingly I didn't have any issues! Sadly I don't have anything else on MTS, this was the first time I had decided to upload something here. You can find the rest of my stuff over at TS3 here is the link to my studio http://www.thesims3.com/userExchang...ersona=MeaganJo I hope that doesn't get me in trouble. I do however plan on uploading more things here but none of my old stuff that you find over there. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you again for your lovely compliment!

Quote: Originally posted by tmkorn115
This is one of my favorite houses ever. My computer is too slow to run something on the lot but I loved it while I could tolerate the lag. It's beautiful and spacious and had pretty much everything I wanted/needed. Thanks! I'm going to check out your other stuff now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 8:47 PM
Thank you so very much I am glad you like it!

Quote: Originally posted by Xio2108
Great house, love it!
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 11:43 PM
Thank you for Providing us Beautiful housing, I love the houses here so pretty, I sucks in making my own so I was really happy to see I can download from here.Thank you very much Please Keep up the Good Work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 5:08 PM
Thanks for the great house. Unfortunately, I have trouble to install it. The launcher indicates I have missing some packages to install the lot. I have ITF and I'd successfully installed other ITF lots. I am not sure what's going wrong with it. Could someone help? Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
Thanks for the great house. Unfortunately, I have trouble to install it. The launcher indicates I have missing some packages to install the lot. I have ITF and I'd successfully installed other ITF lots. I am not sure what's going wrong with it. Could someone help? Thanks!

Thanks! I wish I had an answer for you but I don't know what could be causing your issue. There were several EP's and SP's that went into the making of this lot but it is mainly showcasing ITF. I hope you get it figured out or find an answer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frizzy
Thank you for Providing us Beautiful housing, I love the houses here so pretty, I sucks in making my own so I was really happy to see I can download from here.Thank you very much Please Keep up the Good Work

Thank you Frizzy! I love to watch tutorials on house building they have really helped me along the way!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:44 AM
This house is stunning!!
Page 1 of 2