Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stereotypes: Nikki Wilkerson - the dumb blonde

by Tigerdyhr Posted 22nd Jan 2014 at 4:04 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2014 at 6:17 AM by Tigerdyhr

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 5:28 PM
Great, she made it! (And super-quick to!) Now I have Aqua's "Barbie Girl" playing in my head...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 6:48 PM
She's adorable! Yes, "Stupid" is an AM trait. As far as I know, AM is the only mod that adds traits. (Wish there were others, there are all sorts of traits I'd love my Sims to have.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 7:59 PM
This sim looks like a lot of fun to play. Thanks for uploading!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 1:13 AM
Oh my god she is so adorable!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:37 AM Last edited by Tigerdyhr : 9th May 2014 at 7:03 AM.
Really, I didn't modify the name to be more politically correct, but because at the moment I liked it better. She IS a dumb blonde, but honestly - she's a sim. I'm not passing her off as a real life person. I'm not even saying she's based on real life. And furthermore, if there are people who think intelligence has anything to do with the color of your hair, then they're just too stupid for me to even respond to.

Edit: I don't know where you're from or if this is a problem there. But I'm from Denmark - the majority of the population here is blonde. So the idea of it indicating a lack of intelligence is preposterous. Really.
I get that I somehow struck a nerve, but please keep in mind that this is a sim. Everything can be changed. If you like her face, get her, and change her traits to genius. Or see how she looks if she's fat. Change her clothes, turn her into an ecofriendly, outdoorsy, angling-loving woman.
And I'll bet you, that most sims that are downloaded, are changed in some way, when they enter people's games. I know all mine have been changed in some way.
I make sims because features intrigue me. Stereotypes inspire me to do certain features. In real life, I work with intellectually challenged and disabled people on a daily basis. I would never discriminate. Never. It goes against my being. But this isn't real. This is left to my imagination. And my imagination finds stereotypes really fun to do. That is why I won't change the descriptions to be more politically correct. No matter how I might describe her, someone will be able to be offended. I cannot cater to everyone.
I hope this explains things. It's all fun and games - and hopefully noone loses an eye

To the rest of you: I'm really glad you like her Have fun with her and be nice to her
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 7:06 AM
Stupid is actually a removed trait from the game's development. It was scrapped in production in favor of the Absent-Minded trait, which is pretty much the exact same trait but with a different name.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 7:35 AM
Awwwww! I would love to have those! Darn it
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:18 AM
Suddenly realized I forgot to credit the pattern for the everyday top. That is now corrected
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 7:33 PM
I really like this face, and I'll probably add her genes to my game. Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:20 AM
Uhh, do let me know how her kids look
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 4:53 AM
Finally she is uploaded. Well done, Tigerdyhr. She could be a great character fits to storytelling.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:27 PM
She kind of looks like the lady from Cougar Town (she's also blonde)! But great job :D
just a girl
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote:
Sliders are only needed if you want to change her (and possibly if she has children), and they are not included in the download.

Probably, sliders are actually needed, because she looks different in my game (I don't have any sliders). Especially shape of eyes and chin. And maybe shape of brows, but I know they depend more on particular style of brows. I could show you a picture, but you wouldn't like it )))