Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates

by Jawusa Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:25 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2019 at 1:32 PM by Jawusa

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:32 PM
Thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:59 PM
What is the difference to the Clean Neighbourhood-Templates on MATY?
Site Helper
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 8:08 PM
The neighborhood templates on MATY were cleaned using a different, less safe, technique.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 8:28 PM
Thanks for this & an extra kudos for remembering to leave the Hobby/Witch lots alone.

Nice to have better/safer clean templates available for us compulsive 'hood tweakers!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:22 AM
Thank you so much. This'll save me hours of work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:41 PM
Great there here now.
Thanks for all the work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:50 PM
Thanks for all the hard work. I can't wait to try these.
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 11:44 PM
Awww. People actually complain about these families? I like having them around! I myself usually don't play the Maxis families (except for Stella Terrano, who is too cool for words), but I like having them around and I get a kick out of seeing Samantha Ottomas waddling around like she does. So in every neighborhood or subneighborhood I play in, I just take all of the families in the bin and stick them into one or two out-of-the-way, high-occupancy apartment complexes or dormitories, then leave them alone and let them do their thing forever after. There's nothing wrong with having a few more people to come home from work with your favorite Sims, right?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:42 AM
I might consider this in future, but now I play with ALL the bin families - I actually like them. The Travellers and the Ramaswami's are 2 of my favourite Sims families ever. I
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 9:33 PM
Well obviously if you like having the same families in all your neighborhoods then these templates aren't for you.

But for those of us that like creating truly custom neighborhoods (or simply tire of seeing the same people in every 'hood) these templates are a must-have item!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Awww. People actually complain about these families? I like having them around![...]

Yeah, I like them too, but I think five Julien Cooke in five different neighbourhoods is at least three too much, and I don't need another Julien Cooke in every future hood I play either.
Thanks, Jawusa
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 2:20 AM
Does the game still generates new Townies and new NPC's with these installed?
And what exactly happens in my game, if I install this now...do the existing EA people vanish? Do they stay there..and it only take effects if I create a new Subhood/Hood?
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:54 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 26th Feb 2014 at 11:23 AM.
My templates don't contain any NPCs but they spawn, when they are needed.
If a NPC witch is needed, the game will generate one and will only use that witch.

If you install my templates and load a neighborhood for the first time, the game won't add the "stealth" families and NPCs which always appear in your neighborhood's bin. (ex. the Ottomas family or the Cooke family)

This is great, if you want a truly custom neighborhood which only contains your created sims and no other EA sims.
Or if you hate the bin families (like me) and want to get rid of them.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 11:13 AM
I'm playing with the MATY Clean Templates so far, cause I want no MAXIS-Sims in my Hood.
I edit each and every Sim - including Townies and NPC in SimPE.
Can I simply relace the MATY Templates with yours?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 11:39 AM
Yes, you can replace the templates in the NeighborhoodTemplate folder.
This will attach my "stealth" hood templates to your future neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, my stealth hoods won't be attached to your current neighborhoods because they may already have the "stealth" hood templates, which are probably the ones from MATY.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:32 PM
I am still wondering what you guys mean by "stealth" and google translate came up with something that sounded so bad..lol.
Anyways. Thank you Jawusa. So I can either...rename my EA Games folder, and before launching the game for the first time, install your templates and I am done?
Or..can I just instal them now, even though I have all Maxis sims in...and only have clean hoods if I create new ones?.
Sorry but..this is confusing.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 2:42 PM
"Stealth" hoods are secret and hidden sub-hoods which always be added to your neighborhood, if you load your neighborhood for the first time.
I guess, your game is in French.

So in French the name of these secret "stealth" hoods are: Animaux (Pets stealth hood), Météo (Seasons stealth hood), Destinations exotiques (Bon Voyage stealth hood), Passe-temps (Free Time stealth hood), Monde de la magie (Apartment Life stealth hood)

I'm sure you already saw these names in your game, if you create a new neighborhood, right?
Unfortunately, the secret "stealth" hoods contain a lot of sims. So that's why, I created empty secret "stealth" hoods for truly custom neighborhoods without maxis sims.

Please check the Install Instructions (above, at the download page), to see, how to install these secret "stealth" hoods.
It is different.
These stealth hoods can't be moved to the Downloads or Neighborhoods folder.
You have to put them somewhere other.

I described it in the Install Instructions

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 6:37 PM
Thank you Jawusa. NO..my game is in English. I cannot stand the lame french translations.
When I load a new Hood, I have.."Creating weather...Creating Pets..magic..etc.
But Stealth?..never heard of it!
But now I know what they are!!! lol

Oh..and another question please, before leave you alone forever...these templates of yours are just the stealth hoods..but the base Hoods (veronaville, strange town..and the other) will still be created..right? and maxis sims will be in them..whether I play those hoods or not...or I am really off here.

I'll check your instructions again. Thank you.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:09 PM
Feel free to ask anytime.

Anyway, yes if you create a new neighborhood, it won't add the "stealth" sims but the NPCs of Pleasantview (this means there's a Goopy GilsCarbo, Kaylynn Langerak etc. but no garden club members)

But you can avoid that by renaming the "Neighborhoods" folder which is located in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData to something else.
This can also be done, if you want to attach a sub-hood into your neighborhood.

You can just rename the "NeighborhoodTemplate" folder which is located in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res to something else.
This is also true for universities, downtowns and vacation destinations... just go to The Sims 2 University/Nightlife/Bon Voyage instead of The Sims 2 Open For Business and rename the NeighborhoodTemplate folder to something else.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:41 PM
Oh!!! i thought renaming those would make the game cre...no! never mind ahah..this is not My Docs...
I'm happy now.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 12:14 AM
No more Ottomai and annoying ass Travellers for me! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 9:12 PM
Finally, I can rid myself of unwanted bin families, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 9:22 PM
Thank you! And Thank You! And a dozen more Thank Yous!!!

Every neighborhood I've ever gotten attached to has eventually borked. I never realized I was preborking every custom neighborhood I'd ever made by deleting the default sims! You've just fixed the most annoying problem I've ever had with the sims!

Thank You!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 3:17 PM
Jawusa,
I am so glad that there are MTS2 versions of these templates. I trust y'all.
Page 1 of 7