Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#26 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:27 AM
I readily admit that I'm not at all familiar with life in Indonesia. And spending $2 Million on flowers for a wedding would rank as over the top even in my rarefied existence.

Wanting your cousins to not grow up being influenced by negative online peer pressure is admirable. But really, there are ways to help your cousins mature into strong and independent people without bullying. While your intentions might be good, your methods are not much better than those folks online who would encourage someone to kill themselves. After all, that's online bullying at its worst.
Advertisement
#27 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:28 AM
You keep dropping hints about how rich you may be or how rich your family is, you appear to offer this richness as an excuse for things and a reason for much in your life and that's all very well and good. But let me say something here; a man may be swimming in cash and have every luxury, but is very poor indeed until he is rich in the understanding of the feelings of his fellow human beings. If you cannot feel the pain you have caused to others, if you cannot understand that hurting others is shameful, you have nothing worth having.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:40 AM
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:42 AM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 5th Mar 2014 at 2:00 AM.
@OP Well, I may be a bit hypocritical for saying this but... I would expect someone in a higher economic class (or so they claim, mhmm) to be at least a little bit more civil and just plain... decent to others. Well, you know how the old saying goes "Money can't buy class"

Edit: Here, take this random irony .gif You might not quite grasp it if you don't know who Lindsay Lohan is, though.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:45 AM
Christmas Fear thank you for showing me the first 'why can't I hold all these ___' meme to actually make me laugh.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:54 AM
if you're not being sarcastic.. you're welcome, bl00diedhell
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:59 AM
Nope, completely genuine!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
You keep dropping hints about how rich you may be or how rich your family is, you appear to offer this richness as an excuse for things and a reason for much in your life and that's all very well and good. But let me say something here; a man may be swimming in cash and have every luxury, but is very poor indeed until he is rich in the understanding of the feelings of his fellow human beings. If you cannot feel the pain you have caused to others, if you cannot understand that hurting others is shameful, you have nothing worth having.

uhmm.. actually we're not rich; we're a middle-classed family...
indonesia is a 3rd world county
lowest salary (legalwise) is Rp. 650,000 a month... thats equivalent to $65.00

i work minimum 60 hours a week for about $300.00
but i do what i can to help people and community
perhaps after many opinions here on this forums; i come to open my eyes and realize the folly of my way
and i shall cease my "intervention" with my cousins

So I do apologise had I offend anyone in the process.
Scholar
#34 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darizuka
So I do apologise had I offend anyone in the process.

Mhmm, well I'll be the first to tell you that you're apologizing to the wrong group of people.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Mhmm, well I'll be the first to tell you that you're apologizing to the wrong group of people.

well i'll start with those whom i can contact right now
:P
i shall apologise to my cousin later back home.
One Minute Ninja'd
#36 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 3:34 AM

Wow. And that's in a good way.

Darizuka, it takes a big person who can listen to criticism, think about it, and then change their opinion and actions. It reflects very well on you that you can take the feedback you got here and build something positive from it.

Good luck to you and your cousins. I think you'll be able to be a better role model for them after this experience.
#37 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:07 AM

That's wonderful!
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:30 AM
Seemed sincere in the pms he/she sent me. Hopefully good on their word. Hard to admit wrong doing. Good on you for realizing your error. I hope they take your apology well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
Seemed sincere in the pms he/she sent me. Hopefully good on their word. Hard to admit wrong doing. Good on you for realizing your error. I hope they take your apology well.

well we all make mistakes
only way to move forward is to accept it and move on
:<

= u=
well i'll even buy them KFC later on as a treat
Scholar
#40 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:53 AM
I'e made many sims who were replicas of past friends and their families.
Instructor
#41 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:20 AM
On topic (disregarding everything else ;p):
I too have done it (making a sim!self/sim!whoever) but once when I was about 9 or 10, I made myself and my best friend (at the time) as "sisters" in the Sims 2. Little did I know that I accidentally selected "Spouse" instead of "Sibling".
Don't worry - we quickly realised after they started making out.
dodgy builder
#42 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 10:37 AM
I remember a discussion between two people for Indonesia in a previous thread about how many bathrooms is ok. One of them lived in a gated community and had 8 bathrooms, and the other one was among the majority and could hardly afford a shower. That must be a really F*** up country. Glad I don't live threre.

The reason why I started reading though was the title, I mean seriously God can't be asked, why don't you just go find him?
Scholar
#43 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymp
You're channelling Mordin Solus again Nymp.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:09 PM
hmmm true true
but bullying is a simple way of life
we just have to bear through with it and overcome it.
I mean i wont do it to the extent they go into a deep depression
but im doing what i can to help them be strong
everything in life isnt spoonfed.
i mean realistically; i am responsible for spoiling them aswell. by buying them games and a ps3; fixing it and jailbreaking it
and so forth.
but yeah.. im guilty as charge for occassionally bullying them

Well, you are guilty as charged of bullying them. And that's not something you should say with a light heart.

The thing is, you can't control the consequences of your actions based on your own assumptions. What might seem like harmless teasing to you might be what pushes another person over their own limits. People have committed suicide because they couldn't cope with what other people meant was "just harmless teasing".

Don't bully members of your family (and any other people). Otherwise you might end up being guilty of far worse crimes than the occasional teasing. Bullying coming from other people hurts, but bullying coming from within a person's own family hurts even worse, especially if they happen to get it from other places in their life in addition. A family is supposed to be a support system, not yet another drop in the already overfilled bucket.

Let's just hope they accept your apologies. And once you've apologized, don't go back to bullying them. Apologies that don't stick, well they hurt. A lot. And they won't trust you again if you don't keep to your words.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:30 PM
Oh mass effect. At least I don't look like him. Even if I talk like him haha

Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
You're channelling Mordin Solus again Nymp.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I remember a discussion between two people for Indonesia in a previous thread about how many bathrooms is ok. One of them lived in a gated community and had 8 bathrooms, and the other one was among the majority and could hardly afford a shower. That must be a really F*** up country. Glad I don't live threre.

The reason why I started reading though was the title, I mean seriously God can't be asked, why don't you just go find him?

actually the title "God Only Knows" is a japanese opening song for the series "The World God Only Knows"
:3

and.. well our country is quite a horrible place
they lack something known as "common sense"
and undeniably racist.. i mean in Indonesia; Muslims have more rights than other religious faiths
and Christian churches get illegally shut down, or attacked. Heck even recently someone placed several bombs in a Buddhist Temple
Corruption is funny here because everyone is corrupt.. Police is corrupt, they dont act on anything unless they get paid.. and even if they act on something
they ask for money daily for their "services" even though it goes nowhere
I have asian ancestors so i seem chinese.. and well born in Indonesia doesnt count as being "Indonesian" to many of the "Local" Indonesian.
so yes; we get a lot of S--- from many people.
E.g. recently a man drove recklessly; crashing his car against a parked vehicle before slamming hard into a restaurant.. and he sped off... the next day he comes in demanding the chinese owner of the restaurant and vehicle owner to pay for the damages on his car. when they refused; he brings a possee of 10 people to trash the restaurant further. Police was called and how the police reacted was "hmm.. you should pay him before it gets any worse"

Mad Poster
#47 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:50 AM
Speaking of Indonesian corruption, I understand that the immigration services are also pretty fucking corrupt too, right? Like charging people extortionate amounts of money with the claims of helping their paperwork to leave the country go through faster. That sort of thing.
#48 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

I think you'll find that sort of social divide in many, supposedly developed, countries.

this is supposed to be a developed country

eta: I was born in the UK so feel it's OK to comment on it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Speaking of Indonesian corruption, I understand that the immigration services are also pretty fucking corrupt too, right? Like charging people extortionate amounts of money with the claims of helping their paperwork to leave the country go through faster. That sort of thing.

yes... yes it is

and... you wanna hear something even more wild?
car/motorcycle licenses can be bought for as much as equivalent to $40.00
and i often see 11 year olds drive motorcycles.
Instructor
#50 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:06 AM
yes... yes it is

and... you wanna hear something even more wild?
car/motorcycle licenses can be bought for as much as equivalent to $40.00
and i often see 11 year olds drive motorcycles.

Knowing that, the pictures I see on the internet of kids on motorbikes makes a lot more sense.
Huh, the more you know.
Page 2 of 3