Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:05 PM Last edited by jam3sb0nd : 12th Apr 2014 at 3:48 PM.
Default What the largest lineage/generation you've created?
In the past I've struggled creating large families with a large amount of descendants in it. Either I get bored or the game simply corrupts the file. Anyways, I'm quite to find out how far have you gone in creating a historical lineage and what keeps you interested? Also, what's your secret to manage such a large family/lineage/generation?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:43 PM
I don't know what '' lineage '' means, but I guess you talk about generations.
My secret: always do what feels right in the game, if it gets boring, try do something new, but always stick to that/those sims.
Alchemist
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 4:28 PM
Currently playing with 14th generation. Each generation is different and does something new. I also make either male/female or male/male couples, depending on the generation and my mood.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 6:20 PM
I never had a large lineage. I play it mostly static, but sometimes I do feel like I'm missing a big part of the game. I would say.. Two generations. You know, the parents and the kids. lol
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:08 PM
Not exactly the longest I've ever had, but I'm up to gen 5 on my Perfect Genetics/ISBI challenge, and treat each heir as their own "character." The difference being I get to see their backstory unfold before my eyes. I haven't really lost interest because each one has a story to tell, and it's fun to see how the saga continues and how they contribute to it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:38 PM
Actually, i get bored so easy
so I've never got longer than 1 generation
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:33 PM
I've never gotten past Generation 2, but I have some families who I'm intending to become a long, eclectic bloodline.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:14 PM
I think last time I played I got up to my 3rd generation, but I'm not sure. On my current game I'm upto my 2nd generation.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 2:29 AM
every time i get to a significant generation number my game cannibalizes itself. i think i've gotten to 6? 5?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I never had a large lineage. I play it mostly static, but sometimes I do feel like I'm missing a big part of the game. I would say.. Two generations. You know, the parents and the kids. lol

You play like I do, static. But honestly, you can have more generations without Story Progression. All you do is to age them up manually. This way all other households stay the same while the intended households get to age nicely. In the same world, you can enjoy Sims 3 the way it was made, but at the same time, sims like selfsims, or any favorite sims can stay around forever. I don't see that as "immortality", just different ways of playing different households.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:00 PM
Thank you for the posts so far, I've drawn some valuable tips from your responses and some interesting comments.

Please do continue! Maybe you can help another simmer.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:48 PM
I don't know but my present time household has 2 generations
and in the future those 8 households I know of all have 3 generations in the same building

how many years/generations of decendants are in the lineage in between the 2 situations?
but I know it is my biggest yet (the only one I got future traffel on)

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 9:36 PM
I never last past the second generation. Most of the time I'm playing Epic with my sim-self. It's weird seeing yourself die.
just a girl
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:22 PM
The same secret as ZenGarden's.
I've made 14 generations so far and the family is alive and well so to be continued. 10 of them I played in one town, then I had to move, because the savegame started to become full of glitches. Sims lost their huge family tree and that kind of things, but they took some memory objects (as photos, videos, paintings, books) with them and they bring such a warming feeling! They have music box from 1st generation, the masterpiece made by painter from 2nd generation, books written by family members from different generations, etc. And when it comes to home videos made in 9th generation and being watched by descendants from 14th, it's hard not to be moved! Considering that I'm playing this family for 3 or 4 years already, it kinda means something to me.
All that relatives you meet in town, who make their own life. (EA's story progression is ruthless, but at least it allows them to have dogs. :D) And all that commercial lots named in honor of prominent members of the family. It has become a looong good story.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 11:07 PM
The closest I've got is a family with two unicorns and triplets all the way into the 3rd generation, I'm still playing though
Theorist
#16 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 11:34 PM
Highest I ever got was like 5 generations. I usually get bored with my families on legacy play. These days I'll be lucky if I get 3. When I load up my legacy game, I usually let them run amok while I go do chores like vacuum, clean the house, do laundry, make dinner, etc., checking back every so often so I can save it since I don't cheat on legacy games. I can't sit and watch my sims do their thing. I'm such a control freak and I want to intervene in their lives so I need to not be watching when I start this game up.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 12:28 AM
I think the household I'm playing just produced gen 5, two PlantSim "twins" who just became toddlers.

But another family in Twinbrook that I played for a hecka long time is probably much higher than that.
Inventor
#18 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 12:33 AM
In Sims 2 I had 7 generations and right now in Sims 3 I have 5, but my towns glitch well before I get the family tree to show that many sims. In Sims 2 my Broke family started to have kids that were almost clones of each other or dopplegangers and that created some chaos. I haven't seen that in Sims 3.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Alchemist
#19 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 12:53 AM
Um... one. So far. Yes, I do the progress thing well.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 7:51 PM
I've had a 20 long generation back when it was the sims 2. :-) Currently i'm at the seventh of my sims 3 game.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
You play like I do, static. But honestly, you can have more generations without Story Progression. All you do is to age them up manually. This way all other households stay the same while the intended households get to age nicely. In the same world, you can enjoy Sims 3 the way it was made, but at the same time, sims like selfsims, or any favorite sims can stay around forever. I don't see that as "immortality", just different ways of playing different households.

But then I'd miss out on new townies and immigrants for my slutty sims to take to bed.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:11 AM
I'm currently at three and still going. I have little patience so I set the life span to medium to prevent me from getting bored. If you are impatient, I recommend creating using a shorter lifespan to keep things fresh moving generation to generation. I find the generations where my sims don't have rabbithole jobs the most entertaining. It's all about keeping things fresh and very different, do something you haven't done before. If you are getting bored in the middle of a generation, end it as soon as possible and move on.
Scholar
#23 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:38 AM
In one game, I had 6 generations from Connor Frio and 5 from Jared. They each had several children by several women.

But then my game went wonky, and I had to delete that game. I haven't bothered to try it since.

EA sucks.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:35 AM
I'm lucky to reach adulthood with a second generation. My attention span is shit.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 11:39 AM
My longest generation was the 6th one from a favorite family of mine , The Githons
I don't know why but It was the first time that I played a family with so much passion...
Lucky for me I still have a photo of them.. That was the start of them..

I lost them in an attempt to do a format back then
I tried recreating them in TS3 but it wasn't the same..

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Page 1 of 3