Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 11:39 PM
I couldn't get used to the way neighborhoods are played in TS3,and that it was now possible to have multiple saves per neighborhood,so,I saved after having made a lot of progress,and then switched to another neighborhood (I installed base game together with AMB and Riverview so I had three worlds from the very beginning), and then wanted to go back to my game in Twinbrook, but chose that world from the menu instead of clicking on the savegame, and was really mad when I saw that all my progress was "lost". Then i figured out the system. Also, it was difficult to get used to story progression, because i had played TS2 for long before i switched to TS3,and I expected to find my sims exactly where I left them,and now,playing families in rotation like I did in TS2,I discovered that those little brats did too many stupid things behind my back, like getting married to someone extremely unsuitable for them, having kids I didn't want them to have, or moving from the nice house I'd been building and decorating for them for hours into an ugly EA box.
And, I could spend a lot of time just exploring the world,talking to randomsims,vsiting lots and making screenshots. I do it now, too, I just love exploring new towns! But then,after TS2, I was really impressed by beauty and realism of TS3 worlds,except for Sunset Valley, which looked too cartoonish to me even then, when the choice of worlds was too limited.

Check my blog for worlds and lots: Sims3 ComfoLife Design Studio
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 1:07 AM
In my first game I did not know how to age up the baby -_-
#28 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:40 PM
The very first time I played the game I sent my sim to a community lot and couldn't figure out how to send her home. I kept looking around the lot for the public phone so I could call a taxi lol! I was starting to panic because her hungry and energy bars were getting seriously low. Finally she just went home on her own. I felt really stupid lol.
#29 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:14 AM
I created a beautiful building on my first Sims 3 game, sadly once I saw the roof reaching up to the clouds I fainted, then realized I didn't put any doors to any of the rooms excluding the exterior.
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:52 PM
Uh, i can't remember
Forum Resident
#31 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 4:34 AM
I finally remembered a good story!

I was first introduced to TS2 by a good friend of mine. When I went over to her house, we'd make two Sims, a man and a woman, and move them in together. We were both very naive, so we'd have them get married and immediately have them adopt kids (what can I say, we were young, it didn't occur to us that there were other ways to live your life than adulthood>marriage>kids). She didn't want her Sims doing Woohoo, because that's just sex, and it's gross.

Anyway, even though we were bother super naive, I was a burgeoning pervert, and goddammit, I wanted my Sims to do the business.I somehow convinced her that it was less gross if we had them WooHoo in cars instead of beds (and hey, why did they remove that feature in TS3?), and lo and behold, after a year of play, her game saw its first-ever biological child.

What a magical time.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
burgeoning pervert

New indie band name...
Instructor
#33 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 8:15 AM
I always made super expensive house with no burglar alarms so naturaly always got a burglar every other night. Also becouse I didn't have any money left I counl't pay the pills so I lost 3-4 item eveytime the repossessor came or whatever they are called.
Site Helper
#34 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 7:39 PM
Well, if we are adding Sims 2 stories:

I built a "drowning pool." No, I didn't forget the ladder. I had discovered that I could build a basement inside a foundation as long as it went deep enough to put up a wall, so I built a house with a large diagonal area of the foundation and an indoor swimming pool in the basement. The pool had straight sides, and was slightly adjacent to the diagonal area of the foundation. (one square away at the closest, I think.) I still haven't quite figured out how to trigger the "I'm lost in my own back yard" phenomenon on purpose, but a diagonal foundation and a straight wall near it are something that causes it when it happens. So the sims would dive into the pool, and then be completely unable to find the ladder without some form of outside direction, even with lights all around it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 9:51 PM
i put moveobjects on and i was bored so.. i put my toddlers bear on the toliet then, killed atleast 3 sims then this fire fighter wouldnt leave so i traped him and i was so mad ! he wouldnt die!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 2:09 AM
I don't quite remember how it happened because it was a few years ago, but one of the Sims died during a Birthday candle blowout and their tombstone turned invisible. It was problematic because it was my founder's ex-wife who was a vicious ghost, and I couldn't get rid of her! Not only that, but I had this spot in the middle of the kitchen where nobody could walk and nothing could be placed!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:47 PM
I'm one of the younger players so the first game I got was Sims 3. When I first got the game, I bought the most expensive couch, put it on the top floor of the house that didn't have any stairs leading to it, then watched in a panic as red footprints appeared over my sim's head. I seriously thought that meant she wanted to go for a walk, so I kept directing her to walk all over the lot. I then left my game unpaused for three hours, and when I came back I placed a shower in the middle of the hallway because my sim was smelly. I also kept placing double beds right against the wall in the belief that my sims would just crawl over each other to get to bed.
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 11:53 PM
In the console version of the sims 2 I was the biggest noobtacular sim lover on the planet. I use to run around the place feeding my sim, bathing her and letting her rest but i had no idea about on getting a job. So the room mate my sim had (the guy) i made her have a romantic relationship with him and get money from him every time we made out, eventually he ran out of money and my sim died of hunger.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RickieStarr
Before I knew about money cheats I made my sims wealthy by moving them in with rich premade sims and kicking the premades out.

I still sometimes do that, especially if they've got a nice house...

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Scholar
#40 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 1:57 AM
I guess I'm still a newbie because I waited for a gig for my band since Late Night came out and never got one. Just last month I discovered you can trigger those with awesomemod.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 9:43 PM
Took a bit for it to sink in that in TS3 you can put driveways just about anywhere on the lot, because TS3 doesn't have the animation of a car backing out of the driveway like TS2.

I also had to adjust to not having Comfort and Environment needs (those are in the moodlets).

Other than that I did okay, started playing TS3 only a year ago. Until I got the Seasons expansion, it felt weird playing without weather (as obviously I have TS2 Seasons).

And I had to adjust to how relationships work. TS2 goes by the numbers. TS3, you have to really build up for higher-level romantic interactions.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Instructor
#42 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:15 PM
Plot twist; I was never a noob to begin with!

Although if I had to name one thing, I think it was... Well, actually, no. I can't think of anything. I just checked everything out step by step, and unlike most people, I actually read things!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:25 PM
Two things I remember from my first time with TS2:

1. I bought a double bed for my two roommate Sims to save money on the bed. It didn't work.
2. Kitchen fire.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:26 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:13 PM.
You mean all those things I'm still doing?

When things happened the first time - back in the first few days of Sims 1 - they were hysterical and heartbreaking. There was fire, disease, a grim reaper (that you could play odds and evens with to try to get your loved one back), Sims getting stuck in corners, Sims running around their property with stacks of dishes looking for a sink, everyone jammed in the bathroom after a party, the tragic clown, the clown catcher, the wobbly genie, the way Sims would look at at the screen when you didn't feed them or fill some other need. It was all hysterical. I guess it must have seemed hysterical to those who were new to the franchise and played Sims 2 or 3 for the very first time. I guess for me, those first moments are all associated with Sims 1 and anything that came after that felt familiar.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
I wanted to build, but I wanted to play more. So I made one two-story, beachy house and copied it to evey vacant lot in Sunset Valley, just to make sure that every sin I made was in a house I made. It started to make me think of the neighborhood in Edward Scissorhands. Eventually I just scrapped, started over, and braved the Single Moms house and converted it to a bachelor pad for my man-whore sim who impregnated most of Sunset Valley.

Woah woah woah woah woah...

Four months later and NO ONE has bothered to mention that a legit recreation of the Edward Scissorhands neighborhood would be totally AMAZING??
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:21 PM
My sim died from a fire he was trying to put out. I didn't live more than 10 minutes.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:15 PM Last edited by natbsim75 : 4th Aug 2014 at 4:41 PM.
Let's see... First all the question would be better for me if it was "Stupid things you DIDN'T do as a noob..." because the answer would be "everything I've done was stupid because I didn't know even simple things about the game" .

The thing is I didn't know about the game's existence at all up until about 2010. I found out about it from the FB game and as much as I loved it in the beginning, all the problems of playing online started to slow me down. I hated that the stupid server was most of the times down, I hated that I had to depend on others to send me stuff to play, plus it was kinda awkward to visit my FB friends' sims (I didn't know most of them because they lived in other countries) and knowing that they would get notified that my sim was in their house and woohooed with theirs felt like I was "woohooing" with... them (one night stand with a complete stranger???). And then another friend told me that I could buy the game on DVD and play just by myself, uughhh I had no idea about it .

So, I bought the Sims 3 DVD (noone had informed me that there were 1 and 2 in the sims' games past, lol!) and I just started to play. Didn't know about the community, hadn't read any game guide... I was as noob as I could be and even much more!
I made 2 sims a girl (Luna) and a boy (Damon, "the vampire diaries" fan in me, took over when I named him ) who were planned to be roommates and I tried (hard!!!) to build them a house because I didn't know I could move them into a pre-made EA house. It was darn hard because of cource I didn't know about cheats ("motherload" was an unknown word to me!), I didn't know I could send them to get a job so after a couple of days they didn't have any money (I was playing a challenge without knowing it !!!). I hadn't searched the options button so they had full free will and they became a couple just by themselves. Of cource, since I was clueless about everything, I didn't know they had to pay bills twice a week either (yeah! the repoman was a steady visitor !).
But I wasn't giving up, I tried to learn about things on my own and I started to show a little progress. I discovered how I could send them out of the house and then have them return and I was so proud of myself (lol!). One day I send the Damon at the gym and the kitchen sink broke so I was clicking the darn sink to see what I could do about it and the option came to call the repair technician. It was a moment of apocalypse for me... they could make calls!!! So, Luna called the NPC guy to fix it and when he did, she started flirting with him (autonomously of cource, I didn't know she could even talk to him!) and, yeah, they woohooed with me screaming at the screen "you whore, you have a boyfriend!!!").
Then, after being able to send Damon at the gym I started clicking all the buildings in town, so I realized I could send them to get JOBS (yay for me !!!). Damon went at the Town Hall to become a politician and Luna at the Dinner for culinary career. None of them had any job progress at all because they didn't know any skills (how was I able to know about that???) but we were getting some money after all. But then I started to get bored because both of them were working and when they returned home the only thing they wanted to do was rest (or woohoo, lol!) so I had Luna to quit her job and I was exploring Sunset Valley with her. Their relationship was good, they were woohooing all the time when they were home (even though when Luna was out in town alone she was happily flirting around !) but one day when Damon came home, for reasons unknown to me, she started accusing him of cheating ( ?). And then having them both in the house was a real hell. They were always fighting and I had no idea how I could repair their relationship. Funny thing was that when they were fighting and screaming I was trying to understand what they were saying, so one day Luna used a "word" (in simlish of cource!) which sounded like two insults joined in one in MY language !!! I was so stunned!!!
When I realized this "living together" couldn't be fixed and it was only getting worse, I searched the options button (a new for me!) and then the "lessons" button trying to find a way to move one of them out of the house. Meanwhile, a RL friend of mine who is a computer whiz (lol!) realized my "addiction" to the game, so he did some google search for me and he introduced me to... Motherload (huge sim-moment for me ). So, since the household had a lot of money now and they even had a computer (!) Damon had to move out but (another noob's mistake from me!) I accidentaly kicked him out! I was feeling a little guilty about it for some time because from what I know, Luna was the one cheating on him and I still have no idea why she accused him of that when the whole thing started.

To cut the long story short, Damon moved out and they remained enemies for ever. I countinued to play with Luna who remained the "town's whore" (or something like that, lol!) because she was Sam Sekemoto's girlfriend AND she was sleeping around with Ethan Bunch, Parker Langerak, Mortimer Goth, Michael Bachelor (in that game townies' kids aged up so fast!) and Jared Frio! At some point she accidentaly had a son with Ethan Bunch, Sam accidentaly found out about it (who told him to come for a visit uninvited, huh??) and he broke up with her, but after a while he came back and he started to sleep with her again (he even changed her toddler's diaper once or twice!). Then she started to roll wishes about Damon, you know, to talk with him, kiss him, woohoo with him (the little whore wanted her full harem, lol!) but he refused even to talk to her no matter how hard she was trying to bring him back. May be he was a little offended by the false (as far as I know) accusations about cheating and being kicked out (I can't remember the traits he had after all that time but he was one stubborn sim!).
Any way, after a while I got a pop-up informing me that Luna's and her son's birthday were approaching and I decided to have a party for both of them (she was already an adult but I hadn't paid much attention to it because she looked the same as she looked as a YA) and when they blew their candles (her toddler became a child) it was the biggest shock this game has given me up until now! I had no idea about how sims become elders and when I faced that old lady it was so pathetic and the idea that poor Parker was at the party and she had invited him for a sleep over (he didn't seem to have a problem with her transformation though!) it made me a little sick! I quit the game and I couldn't play for days, I was afraid even to load it!
My total ignorace about the game back then, made me believe that this was the end, I had somehow ended the game and there was no more. I was such a noob (or so stupid???) I didn't realize that I could start a new game . It was maybe after a month that I tried to play again but I deleted that first game and then I saw the "new game" button.
I, now, wish that back then I knew how to turn ages off... Poor Luna, I had so much fun playing with her...

And then I found out about the EPs and I really had to have them! I bought Ambitions and Late Night and I hit the "wall" of upgrading the game... Yeah, that was fun! But I remembered the way my RL friend found about cheats and I started to search the internet and I realized that I'm not the only one who plays the sims (really? lol!). That's the way I found out about the whole simmers' communities and then I started to really playing the game.

Anyway,the fact is that I'm still considering myself a noob. One of the things (amongst others!) that tortured me back then was that I couldn't send my sims at the second floor of a house (and of cource, I couldn't build two-storeys houses!). I found how to do it by a coplete accident when I was building a house. I was stunned again. I was on a second floor!!!!
And only last week I realized how I can arrange rank chess games or having my sims participate in martial arts tournaments. Up until then I was only erasing such wishes because I had no idea how to do it.

I'm afraid that I will finaly know everything there is to know about the Sims 3 when other simmers will happily play... the Sims 13

Edit: And now I realize this post is huge! Sorry!
Inventor
#48 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:43 PM
I starved fat sims to death, hoping that they would lose weight.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:13 PM
When i was a newbie, i gave both of my adults the 'Surrounded by family' lifetime wish, and had five toddlers in create- a sim. i kept on wondering why the wish wasn't being completed when the kids became YAs
Theorist
#50 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 8:25 PM
I wasn't a sims noob when I started Sims 3, so I have no real funny stories about it.

Sims 2 on the other hand, was my very first sims game. First household I ever played was the Pleasants. They started out so happy in the beginning, dancing to some kind of Latin music. Eventually, they ran out of food. I didn't know how to get them any food. I didn't realize they could leave the home lot. They kept looking at me and pleading with that "I'm hungry" gesture, but I didn't know how to help them. It wasn't long before Angela died of starvation. I felt so bad for Mary-Sue and Daniel that I let their beloved daughter die, but I just didn't know how to help her. Then came Daniel's turn to die of starvation. Again, much sadness, and here I am clicking on everything I could think of, trying to figure out how to get them some food. Then Lilith died, leaving Mary-Sue the lone survivor. That's when I figured it out, "ah HAH! I can order food delivery on the phone!" However, with her whole family dead, Mary-Sue pretty much went nuts, only being visited by the negative aspiration professor and the social bunny. She ended up dying a lonely old shut-in, since I never figured out during her lifetime that she could leave the lot. It seemed such a sad ending to a family who seemed so happy in the beginning!

Resident wet blanket.
Page 2 of 3