Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:48 PM
Default Oh dear god, shoot me now
My sim and her husband already have four kids - two toddlers, two infants. Now they're pregnant again! Soon, I'm going to have four kids in the toddler stage at once. I hate toddlers! If this latest pregnancy ends up being twins, I may literally die.

I'm happiest when I'm just playing one sim. This is just torture.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th May 2014 at 9:29 PM
Lol, why don't you just reduce the toddler and infant age span so it's more tolerable?
I usually get so annoyed with the infant stage I literally set it to like 4 days.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th May 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
Soon, I'm going to have four kids in the toddler stage at once. I hate toddlers!

Me too! That's why I grow them into children just as soon as humanly possible. I make one parent teach 'em how to talk and walk, and then it's birthday cake time. Children and teens are more fun to play with, anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:02 PM
You guys just need to learn how to torment the toddlers. A crying toddler is oh so entertaining.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:14 PM
Oh, no I can't stand the toddlers' crying sound. That repetitive "NYAH NYAH NYAH!"

And I play "seven days = one year", so I can't bring myself to shorten the age span. As soon as these brats start turning into children, though, it's off to boarding school with them. The peace and quiet then will be like heaven.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:23 PM
I hope your house has no stairs. Toddlers really do clog up your life.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:31 PM
I have lots of stairs. It's Morgana and Thornton Wolf's house. I kicked them out and moved my sim in a long time ago.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:31 PM
I keep sounds off because I find most of the ingame sounds annoying after a while. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why I like the younger stages...

Anyway, put them to play with one of the skill toys. You'll gain some skill points for them, and they'll keep quiet until their needs start plummeting. Also, if the nursery, bathroom (with a bathtub) and kitchen are on the first floor, they also have no reason to cry about using stairs. If they're potty trained, and have a sleeping mat to collapse on (also called pet pillow), then every bit the better.

You can always grow them up if they're too bothersome.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I keep sounds off because I find most of the ingame sounds annoying after a while. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why I like the younger stages...

Anyway, put them to play with one of the skill toys. You'll gain some skill points for them, and they'll keep quiet until their needs start plummeting. Also, if the nursery, bathroom (with a bathtub) and kitchen are on the first floor, they also have no reason to cry about using stairs. If they're potty trained, and have a sleeping mat to collapse on (also called pet pillow), then every bit the better.

You're thinking of TS2 there. Nobody's made a sleep mat that TS3 toddlers can crawl onto themselves yet as far as I know.

There is, however, an easy way to make a screaming TS3 toddler be quiet when it's bawling due to being tired and nobody else in the household happens to be on hand to put it in a crib: Click on the "tired" or "very tired" moodlet and it'll lie down and go to sleep on the spot for a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 14th May 2014 at 11:47 PM
...they also have no reason to cry about using stairs.

It's not the crying that bothers me so much as the hanging out obliviously on the landings.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2014 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
You're thinking of TS2 there. Nobody's made a sleep mat that TS3 toddlers can crawl onto themselves yet as far as I know.

I really wish someone would make a sleep mat or a toddler bed that toddlers can get in and out of by themselves for Sims 3. Sim parents and their crib obsession majorly pisses me off (e.g. dumping a not tired toddler in the crib, or leaving a toddler on the floor with orange energy and not putting them in the crib.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2014 at 12:25 AM

When there are four of them, someone's needs are ALWAYS plummeting. Ugh. After just one sim-day, I want to burn the ****ing house down with everyone inside.

My biggest annoyance? Toddler's walking to the potty, and falls on his "bum-bum". The queued action gets cancelled, and he sits there going "WAAAH! NYAH NYAH NYAH!"
Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th May 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
It's not the crying that bothers me so much as the hanging out obliviously on the landings.

What really gets me about the hanging out on the landings thing is that in real life, if you saw your two-year-old playing on the landing, you would lock them in a room behind 8,000 baby gates after you stopped shitting your pants. In the Sims, you just stamp your feet and gripe about the routing failure.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th May 2014 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
What really gets me about the hanging out on the landings thing is that in real life, if you saw your two-year-old playing on the landing, you would lock them in a room behind 8,000 baby gates after you stopped shitting your pants. In the Sims, you just stamp your feet and gripe about the routing failure.

For a sim to be stamping their little feet because the little tyke is on the stair case landing. It is called Quality Parenting.. :D

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Scholar
#15 Old 15th May 2014 at 1:33 AM
Use protection new time, lol jk. If you have MC you can pause or end the pregnancy, hope that helped.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2014 at 3:02 AM
Do you SEE?! Do you SEE the shit I have to put up with?!

I'm sending daddy for a vasectomy. And a lobotomy, perhaps, to stop that stupid "Have a child" wish from popping up.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th May 2014 at 5:24 AM
Shimrod at Sims Asylum has a mod called "power turtle". It fills up the motive bars for toddlers and children when they play with the turtle block toy. It works on CC versions of the toy also. It may help you keep your sanity. I put one on most community lots, so I don't have screaming toddlers being ignored by NPCs. It's also handy when you have more than one kid, because you can concentrate on one, while letting the others refresh themselves. I think you have to register for the site, but it's worth it, because there are a ton of handy mods there.
Scholar
#18 Old 15th May 2014 at 5:42 AM
If you want to get rid of them without mods, let their hunger or social need drop too low and the social worker ought to show up and confiscate them. They'll be the state's problem then, and maybe Jeremy Kyle's or Jerry Springer's a few decades later ...

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:51 AM
Buy plumbots to help with the house work, they are very efficient.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#20 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:25 PM
Well think of it this way. As long as you don't have any mods that increase household size, your Sim won't be able to have any more with a full house.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th May 2014 at 4:08 PM
I shipped the oldest one off to Military School as soon as he aged up to a child. Now, the second oldest is five days from aging up, and all four toddlers are potty trained and can walk and talk. It's going to be easy from this point forward.

The second oldest kid has Friendly and Hates the Outdoors, so I'm thinking Smugsworth Prep School for him. Maybe he has a future in politics. When your family has such a huge, thriving portfolio of businesses, it helps to have a politician in the family so you don't have to bribe one,
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th May 2014 at 4:43 PM
I usually play with my sound off at night, so I plan my babies around that. I have babies and toddlers set to the shortest age and at least with the sound off I don't have to listen to them. I have a faster skills mod for the toddlers so they learn to potty, walk, and talk faster so by the time the 2 days are up they have learned their basics and I age them up. I also set them up on the xylophone or peg box so they have something to do, or occasionally let them have an imaginary friend.
Instructor
#23 Old 15th May 2014 at 5:09 PM
I have aging turned of so I only use to cake to age them. I usually age up babies the next day. Toddlers I age up day or two after they have been potty trained, taught to walk and talk. I also want them to learn every skill they can as toddler. Logic, Handiness and I think Charisma is skill that toddlers can learn as well.

I always have sound on so I can hear what the sims doing. Usually it is something I don't want them to do.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th May 2014 at 4:29 AM
Kick 'em down the stairs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th May 2014 at 3:10 PM
You know what toddlers are? Football-sized chunks of stupidness. I'm stapling Laura's legs shut.
Page 1 of 2