Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Woodsy Modern

by simsgal2227 Posted 17th May 2014 at 4:10 AM - Updated 16th Aug 2016 at 2:28 AM by simsgal2227

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th May 2014 at 4:59 AM
I saw your Woodsy Modern upload just in time, my sim just had 4 babies, so I'm in need of a larger home. Thank you for sharing it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2014 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FzzyDg8
I saw your Woodsy Modern upload just in time, my sim just had 4 babies, so I'm in need of a larger home. Thank you for sharing it!

Hello again! So glad you like my home enough to house your sims in it ^_^. It's a good family home. And for parties. I tested it out a while back with a party. It's good for routing since there's lots of room, and two doors to the backyard.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:55 PM
It's beautiful, but when I run it through .sims3pack cleaner, it only contains thumbnails. The actual LOT file isn't there. Twice. Not a glitch on my end.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:12 PM
lara.shaw
Me too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:47 PM
Oh I think I know what I did. So sorry, I will fix it. It will be some hours though since I have to work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2014 at 4:09 AM Last edited by simsgal2227 : 18th May 2014 at 5:44 AM.
I just put in the new file. What I did is what I am 'supposed to do'. Kind of. When using custard, I checked off the package files. If I forget to, I get something telling me that there is CC in it when I upload it. So I uncheck them all without realizing that one of them is the actual lot *slaps self*. I think I did this with a few other lots I've made and I'm in the process of fixing that... I feel so embarrassed, how could I be so clueless? My utmost apologies!! I will be double checking all is well after it processes my new files.

I just put this on my profile and I'd really really appreciate it if you read this. Please? *hands cookie*.

Please read if you download my houses:

I'd appreciate it if anyone would tell me if they’ve tried to download a particular lot of mine that hasn't worked recently or one of my lots from a while ago. In the past a few people have told me a few didn't work. I did test it, but I suppose not to its full extent. It's not that I ignored people pointing it out to me, I was merely ignorant. If I upload a lot, how is it possible that it doesn’t install right? I don't just upload to get downloads, I really just enjoy building and am so glad that I can also help people's games out with a little modern house action.

Please comment on an upload if something is wrong or pm me, whichever. Even just let me know if you’ve read this and/or if a particular lot is for sure okay. Really, I will update this with lots that have been ‘confirmed’ that they’re okay now so two people don’t tell me about the same one. I will update this post. Once I know the problem is gone, I will delete this post. Do this for lots I’ve just uploaded (though those should hopefully be fixed now), or past uploaded houses (though I think I got to the root of the problem with all of them). Just let me know if it's working for you! Please feel free to let me know if there’s a problem in the future as well. So sorry everyone again!! I will double check better in the future since I know now.

So yes in summary, which lots work fine for you now? I’m pretty sure my lots I’ve uploaded way back are all fine, I think it all began with my double split modern. Once one person lets me know it’s working I will consider it good because I’ve already checked them, I think they’re good.

Lots confirmed to be working now (for you, and for me):

If you’ve read all this, I really appreciate you! I wish there was some better way to thank you then a simple thank you. So so sorry to everyone once again, this whole ordeal is rather embarrassing.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 18th May 2014 at 8:57 AM
With Custard you leave the first line, that's the lot and the next thumbnails in yellow alone. After those comes the CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:53 PM
I think I got confused because sometimes, the first line claims to be these cc windows I use (that's the only cc I use on my lots). One of the lots I fixed I used those windows on, and it was the only package file that showed up, if that makes sense.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 18th May 2014 at 10:23 PM
dodgy builder
#11 Old 19th May 2014 at 12:21 AM
I found you a tutorial that should be good: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...ys-custard.html

Package is sometimes referred to as mods,or installed in your mod folder. You're probably talking about sims3pack, the one's you install through the launcher. Package files should not show up in Custard.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You have uncredited cc included in the sims3pack. Please either remove it or credit it.

That's kind of what just happened with what I was telling volvenom... This particular lot has no cc. I suppose some could have stuck to it in some way. But if I'm remembering right, there was only one tick marked in custard for the lot, which I had unchecked the first time, but that made it so the actual lot wasn't there. It says it's my cc windows I sometimes use, but hadn't used in this particular lot. Not sure if I had placed them in the beginning or something, I just know I can't uncheck that option. I'm not positive though, I can check tomorrow night. I was busy today and will be for much of the day tomorrow. Last two finals!
dodgy builder
#13 Old 20th May 2014 at 11:50 AM
It's very difficult to have a game with sims3packs and not have them on your lot. Below I have attached a piture of the file you need to untick. After the yellow thumbnails you can start unticking.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st May 2014 at 6:22 AM
Thanks Volvenom, all set xD.