Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 1:22 AM
For those of us who don't build, I'd just like to be able to at least have MORE worlds. I'd buy them, or at least be able to duplicate worlds for more real estate. I thout it was a bit sad when I saw someone who hated vampires and the items, but got the newest pack because it had 5 spaces for lots!! that's pathetic.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
For those of us who don't build, I'd just like to be able to at least have MORE worlds. I'd buy them, or at least be able to duplicate worlds for more real estate. I thout it was a bit sad when I saw someone who hated vampires and the items, but got the newest pack because it had 5 spaces for lots!! that's pathetic.

I totally agree. It is ridiculous to have so little build space. Builders want to build and non builders want to download more lots. We want a game that does not seem like an app.
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 6:38 PM
I like the way the worlds are made in TS4, since you can travel everywhere...BUT it would be better if we could have a kind of... hierarchy.
I mean like... each "world" with disctricts for itself, not random districts and worlds like now.
For example I'd like a tool that allow you to decide the type of the whole 'world': tropical, urban, desert, ecc. with premade templates and decoration (a sort of empty neighborhoods), I don't know... 10 templates for each type, with some lots per district like now. Just to say. Now you can decide which templates will be the principal world, and then you can add the others as sub-neighborhoods. And it wouldn't be so impossible, we just should choose the templates, how to link them, and create lots.
I'm not good with english. I try to explain myself: Newcrest, Magnolia P, and Willow creek, have an 'american' style, and could be districts of San Myshuno, the principal "world".
It's annoying to me to enter the game, and see that you can travel in these places easily from San Myshuno, an american big city, as you can do it from Windenburg, a medieval german town. Ok, it's a game, no barriers or any other kind of 'distance' between people around the world, but... It should be nice if different worlds would be taken themselves as 'travel destinations' with their own little districts, instead to be random places with same sims from everywhere walking on the streets of everywhere.
Test Subject
#54 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:29 AM
Has there been any update on Create a World in the Sims 4? I'm a LTS (Long time simmer...since 2009 ) and really do not like the default world EA or MAXIS has provided for us!!! Not at all!!
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 12:23 PM
That is their way of making money. They fenced themselves when they released CAW for TS3. Their store worlds were less popular than comunity made worlds, so they had to spice them up a bit. That's how they realised that CAW was a bad idea, and that they could earn more without it. I'm sure Sims 4 can have some kind of CAW, even if it's map based, but they don't plan on releasing it because they want to present their worlds as a new feature.

If, but only if they ever plan to release a tool like that, I suspect it will be after the last Sims 4 EP.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
That is their way of making money. They fenced themselves when they released CAW for TS3. Their store worlds were less popular than comunity made worlds, so they had to spice them up a bit. That's how they realised that CAW was a bad idea, and that they could earn more without it. I'm sure Sims 4 can have some kind of CAW, even if it's map based, but they don't plan on releasing it because they want to present their worlds as a new feature.

If, but only if they ever plan to release a tool like that, I suspect it will be after the last Sims 4 EP.

Nice way of spotting things. This could be the explanation why they skipped CAW.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:38 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 12th Jun 2017 at 6:29 PM.
See, the whole "we could make more money without CAW" idea would seem realistic if they actually gave us full worlds consistently. We have a "full" town once a year, and maybe a smaller one somewhere in the middle.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#58 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
See, the whole "we could make more money without CAST" idea would seem realistic if they actually gave us full worlds consistently. We have a "full" town once a year, and maybe a smaller one somewhere in the middle.
Personally it bothers me the most that the worlds are so incredibly tiny. I'm someone who loves to create many, many households and play them all (some more often, some less often), but you have such a limited amount of lots you can place. Even TS2 had a better world system where you could actually choose where and how many lots you want to have. It's such a huge step back.
And no, I won't accept the argument that I can just create multiple saves. I don't want multiple saves. I want all my Sims together in one single save file.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 6:34 PM
Or really bothering to make many.

World don't even require the time investment like they used to. This large place that requires mass amounts of sculpting, terrain paining, foliage, decorating, effect, and routing paint. Then, you have to place 60-100 lots for each location, then create... what... building or rabbit holes for most of them, then you have to populate the world. Maxis should be cranking out worlds left and right.

Buuuuut they can't because some genius decided to populate the entire world at once, which makes culling a nightmare.

Forum Resident
#62 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 6:36 PM
How would custom worlds even work, in game the most of the neighborhood is fake, set dressing. Would player made worlds be required to create inaccessible shells to set in the distance?
Mad Poster
#63 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 7:56 PM
They could be accessed from a under interface. Select "Custom World" (somewhere where the extra worlds are), and you select the world, then the neighborhoods from a list, them the lot from a list (similar to TS2).

Obviously, I'm simplifying it, but when there's a will, there's a way.

Mad Poster
#65 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:35 PM
I don't think it will ever happen. These worlds are too disjointed. Too many pieces that do not connect. Small areas with fake backdrops. And players with higher end PCs will want to make ones that will exceed what the game can handle and/or not be playable for too many people.

This game is not designed for builders. As we know, it was pretty much designed as more of a dress up, social game for tweens. Party, party, party.

Also, many/most custom worlds are heavy using CASt to get the look and feel wanted. With so many limitations in 4 no matter what we do they can never be as unique as ones done in CAW.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I don't think it will ever happen. These worlds are too disjointed. Too many pieces that do not connect. Small areas with fake backdrops. And players with higher end PCs will want to make ones that will exceed what the game can handle and/or not be playable for too many people.

Yeah, if some people can't handle it, nobody should have it. Period.
dodgy builder
#67 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:56 PM
These 2D backdrops or cutouts are a walk in the park to make. They can just tell how it's made, release a tool to get access to the game, and I'm our community they will do it. These worlds just looks like a square box to me. Top - sky, bottom - ground and 4 sides for the view. On the other hand you can compare it to programs like Revit for architecture. The ground is a flat surface you can pull up and down to make bumps. Lots of 3D programs have this now. the hole thing with a meshable ground could be made in 3ds Max, imported into the game, import a skyline of some sort.

Bakie is making the skylines for x's sake.

They are just being difficult and considering their players base a bunch of teenage girls, and why couldn't teenage girls be good enough to make this?
Mad Poster
#68 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 10:41 PM
Honestly, judging how the worlds are composed when you zoom out, There isn't an awful lot that goes into most of them.

Theorist
#69 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
Yeah, if some people can't handle it, nobody should have it. Period.

I'm guessing the 3 disagrees to this didn't understand the sarcasm.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:25 PM
Seriously the one thing that keeps me away from playing TS4 (besides some other minor stuff that can be fixed with more content in the game) are the 'worlds'.
Tiny and lazy done.

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Mad Poster
#71 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
Seriously the one thing that keeps me away from playing TS4 (besides some other minor stuff that can be fixed with more content in the game) are the 'worlds'.
Tiny and lazy done.
They are small. I like Sims 4 a lot, but I'm not thrilled with how small each world is and how few large lots can fit in it. I am also less than impressed by the concrete lip around the water in the New Orleans type neighborhood. It also feels weird to so easily travel between the dessert, Europe, New Orleans, and other places. I think I preferred the distinct worlds of the other Sims games.
dodgy builder
#72 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:55 AM
Quote:
It also feels weird to so easily travel between the dessert, Europe, New Orleans, and other places. I think I preferred the distinct worlds of the other Sims games.

How easy it is to travel depends on your RL wallet, otherwise it's not that difficult.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I'm guessing the 3 disagrees to this didn't understand the sarcasm.

One. Two of them got triggered a while back so they downvote everything I post.
Theorist
#74 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
One. Two of them got triggered a while back so they downvote everything I post.

Ahh, I've got one of those following around most of my posts as well. I understand.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
But they're not even trying to sell us new worlds.

I think that has more to do with the games stability. Seldomly do they bump up the population cap, I speculate this game was never meant to have a boat load of townies being simulated in the background which would be why they are so reluctant to bump it too high.

I have a pretty beefy system with culling disabled and it gets kinda sluggy if the population gets too high. I see this as a barrier to selling individual worlds, and to the final number of worlds we will end up getting.
Page 3 of 4