Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 23-SEP-2014) Fish In Pools & Fountains

by icarus_allsorts Posted 1st Sep 2014 at 6:50 PM - Updated 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:21 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:23 PM
This is awesome! It's one of those things that has been bugging me for ages. Thanks for sharing! ^.^
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
It is great, that there are still people who want's to create mods for The Sims 2 and 3 :D I always wanted to have fish in the pool! I even used fog emiter to do so (and one more slot mod). THANKS
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:02 AM
Uhh, this is great! You make some really useful mods - thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
Thanks icarus
Now I wonder, if there posibility to make a pool full of sharks and glass floor above it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
Shark Week II ~ The Machinima. Love the possibilities.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:59 PM
Awesome idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:10 PM
This is much better than placing fog emitters everywhere; thank you! Now I don't have to remember all those codes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:00 PM
And now a proper aquarium can be made. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:09 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:57 AM
The fog emitters never worked for me, so this is amazing! And combined with windows-in-pools this could be very fun.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:21 AM
Thanks! Now my koi pond works!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM
Amazing, as usual! Love your work <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:37 PM
Thanks very much. Your mods are great and add so much to the game. My sim went missing the other day and guess where she was. She was down at the water floating around on the floaty thing and that's the first time in the game ever I had not had to force some sim to get in the water.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
Thank you for creating this mod, i love it and have been battling with aquarium pools once again thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:44 AM
YESSS! Thank you SO much! This is one of the things that has been on my "why did EA do this, I need to look into this" list forever! Thank you SO much for creating this mod! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:14 AM
thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
OMG !!! I've been waiting forever for something like this. My Marine Institute will finally look like a real one . Thank you so very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:00 PM
If I make a pool and put a basement around it with glass walls on pool sides are the fish visible like Sims swimming are or are they invisible? Does this mod allow the under water spawners used to create dive spots to work? I would love to make a room size aquarium.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by martintallon
If I make a pool and put a basement around it with glass walls on pool sides are the fish visible like Sims swimming are or are they invisible? Does this mod allow the under water spawners used to create dive spots to work? I would love to make a room size aquarium.

They're visible all right, just that they appear mostly near the surface and some of them appear totally flat since they were only meant to be viewed from the above (the koi from WA look the best from any angle at least). This mod has no effect on other spawners, whether or not the underwater marine life spawners work in pools you'll just have to see for yourself
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:04 AM
Hey Icarus,

Haven't made any aquariums yet, but one thing I notice is maybe a conflict with another mod of yours. "Ask To Join: Fish", haven't tried it individually yet, but having both mods in your setup will remove the Fish interactions in rivers, ponds, and sea/ocean. Not sure about pools.

Since I do like to fish outside and have the ability to ask others to join then in a man made pool ;-) I've removed this mod and it seems the restrictions are off. So some sort of conflict?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Hey Icarus,

Haven't made any aquariums yet, but one thing I notice is maybe a conflict with another mod of yours. "Ask To Join: Fish", haven't tried it individually yet, but having both mods in your setup will remove the Fish interactions in rivers, ponds, and sea/ocean. Not sure about pools.

Since I do like to fish outside and have the ability to ask others to join then in a man made pool ;-) I've removed this mod and it seems the restrictions are off. So some sort of conflict?

Thanks for the report. I remember testing both mods together and they worked fine. Looked in the matter anyhow and turns out NRaas Story Progression Skill turns out internally disables the tuning for the default fishing interaction that this mod uses. Should be able to get around that, will post an update soon if it works.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:22 AM
.... should have tried it standalone with NRaas, sorry bud. Thanks for looking into it though ;-)
Theorist
#24 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Thanks for the report. I remember testing both mods together and they worked fine. Looked in the matter anyhow and turns out NRaas Story Progression Skill turns out internally disables the tuning for the default fishing interaction that this mod uses. Should be able to get around that, will post an update soon if it works.

Does that explain why my Sims can no longer fish anywhere with this mod installed or is that a separate issue? Also thank you for such a brilliant mod, I'm sad I'm having trouble with it, this made my koi ponds look beautiful
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts

Just to let you know, I've updated this mod and the other "Ask To Join: Fish" and the update you made works. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Does that explain why my Sims can no longer fish anywhere with this mod installed or is that a separate issue? Also thank you for such a brilliant mod, I'm sad I'm having trouble with it, this made my koi ponds look beautiful

Same issue if you indeed had NRaas StoryProgression Base and NRaas StoryProgression Skill installed. With this updated version both mods works nicely along the NRaas mods. If you don't have/had NRaas installed your issue could be entirely something different.
Page 1 of 2