Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
- Inside house it's too damn dark! i placed the most biggest windows on 3 sides of a room and still, inside the room remain that horrible blueish darkness: i just can't stand it.
- 3 heights for walls and just few doors for height 2 and even less for height 3: of course you can place doors from h1 to h2 or h3, but the overall look is very poor.
- i don't like the absence in build/buy of the commands for rotation: in sims 3 i could take an object like a couch, for example, and rotate the camera with the keys while the object remained in position: now i have to use the mouse keeping central button down to move camera and not object because rotating woth keys means rotate the object selected.
- No turn off tutorial option (thankfully someone found a way to fix it via origin) but the lack of a simple feature like this it's very... meaningless.
- The absence of CaSt it's really unbearable: i tought i could do without, but it is just too much!
- I tried to place tiles onto the 1st floor in a segment where i had to bulldoze a room and... I CAN'T?!?! Can't wrote the italian swearing i did about this. Happenend just to me?

More to come probably.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
- Inside house it's too damn dark! i placed the most biggest windows on 3 sides of a room and still, inside the room remain that horrible blueish darkness: i just can't stand it.
- 3 heights for walls and just few doors for height 2 and even less for height 3: of course you can place doors from h1 to h2 or h3, but the overall look is very poor.
- i don't like the absence in build/buy of the commands for rotation: in sims 3 i could take an object like a couch, for example, and rotate the camera with the keys while the object remained in position: now i have to use the mouse keeping central button down to move camera and not object because rotating woth keys means rotate the object selected.
- No turn off tutorial option (thankfully someone found a way to fix it via origin) but the lack of a simple feature like this it's very... meaningless.
- The absence of CaSt it's really unbearable: i tought i could do without, but it is just too much!
- I tried to place tiles onto the 1st floor in a segment where i had to bulldoze a room and... I CAN'T?!?! Can't wrote the italian swearing i did about this. Happenend just to me?

More to come probably.

With the camera problem you had, have you tried setting the camera settings to "sims 3 style" in the game options? I don't know if that would help your problem or not as I haven't encountered it, but it may well do so.

Also these are the object controls in build/buy mode.

Rotate Object: ( , / . – one object select)
Delete Object: (Del or Backspace)
Off Grid Placement: (Alt – while holding object)
Off Angle Placement: (Alt – while rotating object)
Move to Slot: (M)
Instructor
#28 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BiscoMix
They don't shop in The Sims 4. Everything is bought through the object itself without traveling.

Quote: Originally posted by BrilliantAzure
I wonder if I'm the only one that misses the grocery stores and clothing stores of the Sims 2. They were a bit of a pain when you ran out of food and had to go out or order delivery, but I felt like they added so much to the game.

Although it's unrealistic that can be quite handy especially with the load screens now back! If I hadn't had the option to ring for delivery in The Sims 2 (which I still play religiously) it would have got really frustrating having to keep traveling to lots with all these loading screens. Although I did quite like venturing out to buy a phone!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:05 PM Last edited by BiscoMix : 4th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Although it's unrealistic that can be quite handy especially with the load screens now back!

I can agree to a point. In The Sims 3, you had the option if you wanted to travel to shop, which added some extra playability and character to the game. With The Sims 4, you don't really have much of a reason to do anything outside of your home, because everything is either done within that object or using your cell phone. There is no character to this game outside of emotions, and there isn't anything that says it's a life simulator outside of taking care of your basic needs, jobs, etc. The point is, they're limiting options, which I think more options should have been a key feature, especially since they removed the open world. Loading screens at this point aren't a downfall of the game, but rather how much content they're holding back on for DLC. The base game should at least be enticing and fun, and I shouldn't feel like I need DLC to enjoy the game.

In fact, having loading screens and removing the open world gives a variety of options for the game. Thinking that the loading screens is a limitation is wrong, rather the limitation is how Maxis has released a very basic and simple base game that doesn't really bring anything new to the table outside of emotions and multitasking. In fact, they have removed some of the core features from The Sims 3 that should have been in The Sims 4 on day one (that weren't part of DLC).

- There could have been a supermarket community lot. It wouldn't have been hard for them to create some objects that look like food isles that you can purchase food from. The same thing applies to the library. Maybe you could rented/purchased books from shelving at the library community lot. There were many options of how they could have tackled the lack of open world, but they didn't.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Besides all the cut features, this is what I dislike about TS4:

- Indoor lighting is really weird. Overhead lamps should light most of the room but the top 2/3s of the room remains dark. Sims always look dark.
- Emotions are all over the place, leaving sims feeling crazy
- The UI is all over the place as well, and wish the Needs panel was smaller (I'm a web designer during the day and the chaotic UI kills me)
- Friendships decay way too fast
- This game was released in 2014, why no UI scaling?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Instructor
#31 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:21 PM
Ehm... the fact that the skins look kinda gross in game.
Scholar
#32 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vcosley
Do they have supermarkets at least? How do they shop?

Various other items can be bought through other objects. E.g., if you click on a planter box, you can buy packets of seeds right from it.

If that's too weird for you, you can also "Order" most such stuff from the computer, if the above sounds too weird for you, but there still is no real delivery or anything. The stuff just magically appears in your inventory.

Other stuff just is no longer necessary to buy. E.g., you can just take a bubble bath at any bath, you don't need to buy the bottle first.

Whether that's good or bad, it's up to you to decide, but yeah, that's how it works.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM
Also, dunno if bug or feature, but my sim can't plant harvestables she got from gardening. Dunno.

Not to mention that if friendship decays too much, the person completely disappears from the relationships panel.

Completely agree with the dislike for lack of shops. Everything is so easy when it comes to providing necessities :/ Buy skill books from bookshelves, buy food straight out of the fridge, etc. I really don't like that.

Scholar
#34 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:41 PM
I noticed 3 annoying things that I hope are just bugs:
- Sims that were told to travel together (a family) left behind random members of their group.
- All the books my household owned are in every bookcase, unable to sort (kids books in the kids room bookcase, skilling books into the study and so on)
- Unable to turn off free will completely: Sims decided to chat and used the toilet on their own
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
I noticed 3 annoying things that I hope are just bugs:
- Sims that were told to travel together (a family) left behind random members of their group.
- All the books my household owned are in every bookcase, unable to sort (kids books in the kids room bookcase, skilling books into the study and so on)
- Unable to turn off free will completely: Sims decided to chat and used the toilet on their own

I think accessing the books from every bookcase is a feature. But I also noticed the lack of book sorting in the bookcases. That drove me nuts.

Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
What do you dislike about The SIms 4?

Electronic Arts, Inc.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:25 PM
1. No true eviction from household. My sim married a guy who turned out to hate children so they had irreconcilable differences. She divorced him and they both were very sad. But, there was no way to evict him. So, manage worlds and move him out. But, now, he's still "managed" my me. There was no way to get him to just leave. If I move someone, it moves the whole household unless I use manage worlds.

Also, btw...if it's late and you aren't quite thinking through the consequences of your actions, you might just go into manage worlds and delete him from your household. But, that will delete him from the world. So, now this guy who was still her somewhat friend, but really red in romance, whom she was going to be mean to and torture (it was fun after the divorce for a bit to play with the mean interactions), is no longer available for the berating and insulting. I wanted a really acrimonious relationship after the divorce.

2. Social interaction.
-Too easy to build friendships. Many examples, but one that was funny. So, she finally has a baby out of wedlock (after the divorce) and I do each baby interaction once and decide that I don't want to put up with them for days so I just age the baby up. (I hated the Toddler phase in Sims3.) She's good friends with this baby/child after having only had them a hour or so in-game.
- Less options for interacting (or it just seemed more tedious than Sims 3). So, I just do the same ones over and over and they don't care.
- Sims just wander off during dates or weddings or events. The son just went home from the park without any prodding during the parent's wedding. Date wanders off and starts talking to other women while she's grilling burgers and trying to talk to him. So, does she keep grilling or wander off after her date. I'm a realist. She kept grilling.
- Multiple people walk up and join conversations during dates and romantic interludes. It was downright annoying. I finally just started ignoring any interactions and just kept doing the romance thing.
- I agree with the stalking thing. People show up at her home for no reason and just wander in. Someone she just meets and talks to for an hour, all of a sudden accepts hugs and shows up at her front door every day.

3. I don't bother to buy books. They learn skills too quickly and by just doing the action a few times to bother with reading. Easy enough without bothering to use the bookcase. (Different for me than Sims3. In Sims3, I loved the bookstore and reading books for skills as well and doing the activity).

4. What's up with all the gloomy people in my neighborhood. It seems that every other person that she meets has a Gloomy trait.

5. Gardening is kind of boring. I planted the starter seeds. I evolved plants. I harvested wild plants. Now some food costs less in the fridge. The flowers show up in the inventory and I have no idea what to do with them. I deleted a bunch of plants and the planter boxes. It takes way too long to do some activities in the game and gardening is one of them. Some one mentioned that time moves slower in this game than Sims3. It doesn't for me. I can't get anything done especially when I setup a few garden boxes and some flower planters.

6. Playing Sims4 seems a lot like playing that Facebook game that they came out with a while back. I played for about a week, trying to give it a chance and it was boring (which leads into my next topic).

I'm already kind of bored with the game. I was having issues going to the community lots and crashing before getting to them (and about every 10 minutes) and I just fixed that issue and probably will try some of the community lots now. But, I've played about 4 hours and I'm getting really bored already. I was seriously considering going back to Sims3 for a bit and waiting for an expansion pack.
Scholar
#38 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Also, dunno if bug or feature, but my sim can't plant harvestables she got from gardening. Dunno.

I could be wrong, but I think it's supposed to be a feature. In TS3 you needed to replant the best harvestables, as the only way to get better quality plants. Here you can 'level up' plants like Pokemon if they're well taken care of. So you don't really need nice tomatoes to get great tomatoes, and then those to get excellent tomatoes. You can just plant the tomato seeds from the packets, and then just level up the plants to max quality.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
I could be wrong, but I think it's supposed to be a feature. In TS3 you needed to replant the best harvestables, as the only way to get better quality plants. Here you can 'level up' plants like Pokemon if they're well taken care of. So you don't really need nice tomatoes to get great tomatoes, and then those to get excellent tomatoes. You can just plant the tomato seeds from the packets, and then just level up the plants to max quality.

"Tomato, I choose you!"

Quote: Originally posted by kblain67
- Sims just wander off during dates or weddings or events. The son just went home from the park without any prodding during the parent's wedding. Date wanders off and starts talking to other women while she's grilling burgers and trying to talk to him. So, does she keep grilling or wander off after her date. I'm a realist. She kept grilling.
- Multiple people walk up and join conversations during dates and romantic interludes. It was downright annoying. I finally just started ignoring any interactions and just kept doing the romance thing.

Ugh, this is the kind of crap I'd hoped they would have fixed in TS4. It's honestly why I stopped playing TS3. It seemed like the only way to get legitimate, realistic and rewarding interactions was to control it yourself. :-\
Scholar
#40 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:49 PM
LOL. Your puny tomato has no chance against my top level spinach
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:51 PM

I was thinking the Evolve bit was the case. It just made more sense to me to replant with better crops, or maybe implement a Seed Maker. Toss in your plants and out comes seeds. I dunno. :/

Someone mod a seed maker on the double.

Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
I was thinking the Evolve bit was the case. It just made more sense to me to replant with better crops, or maybe implement a Seed Maker. Toss in your plants and out comes seeds. I dunno. :/

Someone mod a seed maker on the double.

I'd be willing to bet the "on the double" category of modding suggestions is pretty full at the moment :-P
Instructor
#43 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:55 PM

You need to pull the harvested plants from the inventory and onto the ground. Once there, you can click on them to plant.
Scholar
#44 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
Hmm, I guess I was doing something wrong, then. I must confess I didn't really play much with gardening. Thanks for the info.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
You need to pull the harvested plants from the inventory and onto the ground. Once there, you can click on them to plant.

Doesn't work. I've tried this over and over and I get no actions. I'm starting to feel as crazy as my sims.

On a sidenote, my keyboard time controls don't work half the time.

Instructor
#46 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
Do you get them onto the ground? It took me forever to get them out of inventory because the stupid 'plant' sign was in the way.

When I play next, I'll check to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Maybe eventually you unlock a modern looking PC? Just guessing from what I saw in the livestreams.
Also saw in the livestreams that other sims will attempt to put your sim out with a fire extinguisher. It was too late to save the sim that one time I saw it, but that could be because the SGs and the Chat horde wanted the sim to die. Don't know what you do if the sim lives alone - I guess that sim is SOL.

If you click the sim, they can extinguish themselves.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiegr1982
If you click the sim, they can extinguish themselves.

Oh, thank God. I thought they were screwed. Thanks for this.
Instructor
#49 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:03 AM
The sparkles. Oh my goodness, the sparkles EVERYWHERE. Why must everything be Twilight? (No, seriously, does everything in your game sparkle, for example a plate of food from the fridge, a dirty plate, a plant?!!?)

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Field Researcher
#50 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
The sparkles. Oh my goodness, the sparkles EVERYWHERE. Why must everything be Twilight? (No, seriously, does everything in your game sparkle, for example a plate of food from the fridge, a dirty plate, a plant?!!?)

Every so often there'll be a sparkle. I assumed it had something to do with the object being high quality.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 223