Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
Default Sims get fat???
I been playing my one sim getting used to the game and I just noticed.... She's getting fat!!!

Seriously.... she's getting the butt that always prompts the question that has killed many a good man.... "Honey does this make my butt look big?"

I guess she needs to get to the gum!!!
LOL

Other than that and the friggin mosaic I am liking the game... and yes, it's a purchased game legal and paid for.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:05 AM
Well it's not unrealistic that people get fat lol, and then you must make your Sim more active if you don't want a BBW experience
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:16 AM
I think the gurus have mentioned that something is off with weight variations (including how much muscle you gain from dancing and doing other trivial stuff) and they are tuning it in to be less dramatic. Do not quote me on that one though, I don't remember where I have read this.

Eat healthy and exercise meanwhile I heard chocolate cookies will make your sim bloat in no time lol.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:19 AM
I have a chef sim - between his aspiration and job he's always cooking something. And eating. I've got him on the treadmill, but the poor soul is developing a substantial paunch.

The only problem I have with it is that their faces don't seem to bloat up with the rest of them.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:30 AM
Lindsay Lohan is the only sim in my game that isn't fat.
Inventor
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:31 AM
Oh, those darn chocolate cookies....

My (self)sim looks like a blob now. I sent her to gym but she doesn't like it very much and is exhausted very quickly. Well, okay, that's pretty much like in real life but... no, I'm not that big. I wish there was an option to have a sim set on a diet because what does it help if you make your sim eat salad at daytime just to find out that he's having chocolate cookies at night (while you don't pay attention).
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:33 AM
My sims look like vegetarians, Even with them doing some cardio and stuff, I have to make them avoid any foods other than salads.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:22 AM
I actually want my sim to gain weight due to the fact she's model skinny Thanks for the people that are talking about the chocolate cookies. I might look into letting her eat them. I actually don't mind if my sims eat and gain weight. its natural. even though some of them are getting the pounds on.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:39 AM
I love that sims gain weight, though I'm also glad they'll be tweaking the values. I want my lazy geek sims to get a small pudge if all they do is low-activity things like sitting on the computer day in and day out after eating a bunch of gummy bear pancakes. I hope they tweak muscle values, though, because my current sim is ridiculously ripped due to trying to shed her baby-having hips.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:23 AM
They stay fit if they have the athletic trait
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:44 AM
Freaking stupid that you cant see a bar or slider which indicates how fat the sim is....
Why does the sim get fatter even tho the hunger bar is filling up, not full when eating?
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by totte1015
Freaking stupid that you cant see a bar or slider which indicates how fat the sim is....
Why does the sim get fatter even tho the hunger bar is filling up, not full when eating?

If you only eat unhealthy stuff when you're hungry, and don't exercise, you can still get fat IRL. I think it's neat that they added this bit of realism, and they're supposedly tweaking it so that it can be a little less sensitive. Maybe someone will come out with a mod to disable it for people who don't like the weight/muscle gain.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
I think the gurus have mentioned that something is off with weight variations (including how much muscle you gain from dancing and doing other trivial stuff) and they are tuning it in to be less dramatic. Do not quote me on that one though, I don't remember where I have read this.

Eat healthy and exercise meanwhile I heard chocolate cookies will make your sim bloat in no time lol.

That might just be it then cause I had her dancing a lot. And I started her working out too so they have added something there that manifests in the body changing. Coolio! Consequences in lifestyle. Now I CAN make a fat old guy in a t-shirt! LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Lindsay Lohan is the only sim in my game that isn't fat.

Is that because prison food in Sims4 sucks? LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
They stay fit if they have the athletic trait

:sigh: they always do.... then there is the rest of us.

Oh, we were talking Sims.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
One or two sessions on the sandbag and my sims are looking bulkier than I ever have despite going to the gym regularly for five consecutive months, a few days without going to the gym and it all goes back to pre-sandbag levels. I think they need to separate cardio from strength as well.
Inventor
#17 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:02 PM
I kind of wonder... does starving your sims cause them to lose weight?

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:08 PM
I had that same problem, my sims got fat very quick , I have a chef at home so even when they are very hungry eating one plate fills them more than necessary (they're not hungry half way before they finish eating the portion, sometimes 3/4 of the way) and I didn't pay attention at first.
After that I tried to make them go t the gymn and began to stop them from finishing the plates once they weren't hungry anymore but it didn't work. They gained a lot of muscle to the point that they were bulky but didn't loose any weight whatsoever. I had to use a slim potion on each of them and then prevent them from gaining weight.

If someone managed to make a fat sim loose weight I would be very interested to know how.
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:09 PM
I had to google this the other day. My first go at my sim had the Foodie trait, and apparently that's a huge (see what I did there) mistake. Not all food is equal. Apparently the sheer ease of gaining weight is a "known issue". Once you get past traits, there's not much you can do to influence your sim's weight gain outside of micro-managing every meal. Another thing is I don't think your sims will ever exercise on their own until you get them a few levels in athletics.
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephrodas
I had that same problem, my sims got fat very quick , I have a chef at home so even when they are very hungry eating one plate fills them more than necessary (they're not hungry half way before they finish eating the portion, sometimes 3/4 of the way) and I didn't pay attention at first.
After that I tried to make them go t the gymn and began to stop them from finishing the plates once they weren't hungry anymore but it didn't work. They gained a lot of muscle to the point that they were bulky but didn't loose any weight whatsoever. I had to use a slim potion on each of them and then prevent them from gaining weight.

If someone managed to make a fat sim loose weight I would be very interested to know how.

I was able to get my foodie back down to normal weight through micromanaging his diet and exercise, and taking several of the potions. As soon as I let him do his own thing he fattens up again. I gave up and rerolled him to not have the foodie trait and made sure to keep exercise equipment in my study room.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devers
I was able to get my foodie back down to normal weight through micromanaging his diet and exercise, and taking several of the potions. As soon as I let him do his own thing he fattens up again. I gave up and rerolled him to not have the foodie trait and made sure to keep exercise equipment in my study room.

Ok so just like me you micromanage to avoid gaining weight, but if you fail and they get fat, did you (or anyone) manage to make them loose it without having to use the potion?
I feel like it's bugged and once fat ,no matter if you micromanage meals and force them to exercise every day until they're exhausted, they won't loose weight.They gain muscle, tons of but keep the fat no matter what and the only solution left is taking the potion, am I wrong ?
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephrodas
Ok so just like me you micromanage to avoid gaining weight, but if you fail and they get fat, did you (or anyone) manage to make them loose it without having to use the potion?
I feel like it's bugged and once fat ,no matter if you micromanage meals and force them to exercise every day until they're exhausted, they won't loose weight.They gain muscle, tons of but keep the fat no matter what and the only solution left is taking the potion, am I wrong ?

How are you exercising? I'm not in game right now ( I "Troll teh Forums" before bed to keep my social up) but I think the treadmill and jogging are the only ones that seemed to affect it. You may be right though, as I was using potions whenever I could during that time. I'd try running before giving up though.
Inventor
#23 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:36 PM
Yeah, I think the foodie trait is indeed the reason for the sims to gain weight THAT fast. I don't mind bigger sims, it's just like in real life (some are smaller, some are bigger) but for my taste they gain weight too fast in the game. Never tried the potions for that problem. Thanks for the hint.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
I had a child sim who was chubby when he aged up but since he's athletic he always does sit ups/ push ups and he got skinny
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spongedmonkey
If you only eat unhealthy stuff when you're hungry, and don't exercise, you can still get fat IRL. I think it's neat that they added this bit of realism, and they're supposedly tweaking it so that it can be a little less sensitive. Maybe someone will come out with a mod to disable it for people who don't like the weight/muscle gain.

It solely boils down to calories and has nothing to do with healthy or unhealthy. If you require 2,500 calories per day to maintain your current weight and you wolf down 5,000 every day for a month it matters absolutely not what you eat, you will add 2,500 units of energy that are not required and they will be stored somewhere. It's how the body works.
Page 1 of 2