Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TV & Computer Menu Revamp V1.3

by BiscoMix Posted 11th Sep 2014 at 3:31 AM - Updated 12th Nov 2014 at 10:41 AM by BiscoMix

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:56 AM
Great work. I was trying to find out how to change the TV channel names and I couldn't find out how to do it lol
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:08 AM
neat mod! thank you!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 5:23 AM
Great Mod. Just a small correction though, If you are naming the computer games according to what is being shown on the computer screen, The R.E.F.U.G.E is actually The Sims Medival with some cheesy rpg looking icons overlayed on it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 5:48 AM
Thank you, everyone. Kralore, If enough people would rather have The Sims Medieval over Skyrim, I can update it.

I'm also taking suggestions for radio stations and other name changes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 5:56 AM
"Mod the Sims"
I see what you did there...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:02 AM
This looks great, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:08 AM
Great!! Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 11:13 AM
Pretty smart thanks. Any chance of a version for UK players, only needs one or two changes, just different channels over here is all. Such as the one you used for the Romance station, not many in the UK would recognise that as being for romantic TV and such forth.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:00 PM
very well made :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:59 PM
Great mod thx
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:00 PM
The menu is in English or in the language of the game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
Pretty smart thanks. Any chance of a version for UK players, only needs one or two changes, just different channels over here is all. Such as the one you used for the Romance station, not many in the UK would recognise that as being for romantic TV and such forth.

I don't know of many UK networks, so if you want to give me a list of replace names, I can do that without a doubt for you UK players.

Quote: Originally posted by vienta_hoy
The menu is in English or in the language of the game?

It is in the default English version (US) of The Sims 4.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:19 PM
Mod Skyrim... again... again... lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:22 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! Sims just got a little bit more realistic for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
Nice Job Man, it helps to feel it a little more realistic :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:38 PM
Great mod man that i definitely will be using in my sims 4
It's certainly got me interested to change these for myself with stuff i'd want/know better i.e. UK tv names, UK radio along with other things i can think off changing.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:26 PM
Sorry, but I can't help but poke fun at CNN being the news channel. "Sims love to be kept up-to-date on conspiracies about things that happened months ago!" I think it would be good to make it a local channel instead. Just come up with a random number and have it be the Sims' local station...this might help if/when eventually you update it to include the weather channel

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM
Some suggestions for a UK version would be..

Action -> Sky One
Comedy -> Dave
Cooking -> Good Food
Kids -> CBBC
News -> BBC News
Romance -> Hallmark
Sports -> Sky Sports
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM
This was a great idea. Great mod! Thank you for creating this.
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM
I noticed your mod contains the entire string table...I'm coming up with a way to make string-change mods not require you to stomp the entire string table, and work with other string changing mods. Future-proofing!

Here's the bits and pieces of my guide: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534969

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:07 AM
Amazing mod! Only one thing, My Sims Go is actually called My Sims Agents. It was a Wii game. Still this makes the game so much more realistic. Great job.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:05 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions. An update will be available soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 11:22 AM
I have updated this mod for UK stations. Please let me know if you run into any issues with this version. Thanks everyone!
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:31 AM
Can you make this mod into two files that way you can change the computer or tv also.
Page 1 of 3