Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I don't understand that sentence -- what "this" do you install? Can you clarify?

When I install the file, place it in the Mods folder. So this is the finished .package file which has both the DATA and XML (UNKN) tuned the same way. I question the exact same tuning value being in both of these different resource types, and I should modify both of them? I should, according to what ModSquad said, but it doesn't seem to work, unless I'm doing something wrong.

To take my Lighting mod for example, there is an XML to go with that file but there aren't any new values or tuning fields; the stuff in the two files is identical. In Sims3, these lighting values were in an INI file, and there was only one for these specific fields or values; the stuff wasn't duplicated in an XML file. I realize that this is because of the Python that they have constructed things differently than in the previous game, but I was rather surprised to find another file (the combined XML) which has the exact same stuff as the DATA file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Edit: I also released my career thing into the wild now .. I guess that'll be a stress test whether it really, really works this way.

I've been following along the discussion today, and the only variation that has worked for me was the final instructions that you posted with your mod. I do have my resource file set to subfolders, so the mod is now tucked into a subfolder.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 17th Sep 2014 at 5:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I've been working on the 3 mods I have already released which use Data resources, all 3 of these have a complementary XML tuning. When I add in the XML to the .package (which has the exact same values to change as the DATA file) and install this (one of these mods), the game is immediately whacked out. What I'm wondering is if when I am changing the exact same value in both of these files, this is like modding the same thing twice, I should alter the value in one place but not the other.

I resolved this issue completely; what I've written quoted above is BS. The save game I was mostly testing these new mod versions upon was already whacked out or corrupted in some fashion (which I have determined now afterwards); using these mods with both XML and DATA tuned the same way works fine in a newer save game and a new game, I haven't seen one indication of any hiccups or glitches.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
Can someone help me plz? How do i make the mod work? I dnt know how to install that thing about xml...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#30 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 7:58 PM
Please post in the Help forum. Create is for technical discussion, not game help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:57 AM
Mod is not working!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#32 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:56 PM
Please post in the download thread, not here.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:22 PM
The /unpackedmod folder workaround for XML tuning in .packages has become obsolete as of version 1.0.732.20 (2014-10-01 patch). See here .

Test Subject
#34 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:19 PM
can someone tell me step by step how to get this mod to work please
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#35 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:11 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 24th Oct 2014 at 4:02 AM.
For any issues with a specific mod, please post where you downloaded it.

E: also, locking, because this has been obsolete for a while now.

Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: obsolete
Page 2 of 2