Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:36 PM
Default Elyssa Hidago: Help with Uploading and Feedback
I made the perfect sim (at least, in my opinion) and I want to upload her here.
One problem.
I don't have the " Archive" option when I right-click on it. I have WinRAR installed, and 7Zip. But I do have a "Send to ---> Compressed (Zipped) Folder" Should I use that?

Yes, I know that this isn't the right place, but if anyone can point me to the right place, then that'll help. Okay, so, now onto the Feedback!

Elyssa Hidago
This is her everyday wear, and her with EA skin. (Yes, the quality is bad, but that's just because I keep on forgetting to change the graphics.)

Also, I haven't really played with her yet, so the only pictures available are the CAS ones, but I'll have Gameplay ones soon.

Her with CC skin. (Which she won't be saved with)

Everyday wear in gameplay. I will be changing my graphics.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:44 PM
Hey IrishA03! she looks really awesome - from what i can see. she seems to be far away so.... cant you get some closer shots of her? why hiding such a lovely sim .
i found this tutorial for sim creation very useful => it has some hints for presenting sims too. i mean ideas for shots (close ups, lightning and stuff) Sims - Tutorial: Making Sims in TS3

i am curious for updates - especially some in-game pictures of her
edit: i found this tutorial: CAS Picture Taking Tutorial <= this is helpful for presenting her for feedback and in your upload alike

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
I made the perfect sim (at least, in my opinion) and I want to upload her here.
One problem.
I don't have the " Archive" option when I right-click on it. I have WinRAR installed, and 7Zip. But I do have a "Send to ---> Compressed (Zipped) Folder" Should I use that?

[[..snip..]]

Yes, I know that this isn't the right place, but if anyone can point me to the right place, then that'll help. Okay, so, now onto the Feedback!

1) Yes, that is what you use (Send To-->).

2) Actually, this IS the right place for getting feedback on things you intend to upload. I agree that you need to post move closeups of your sim's face. You need them for your upload anyway. And having a unique facial sculpt is really the more important criteria than their wardrobe.. (We can't give you feedback if we can't see it clearly...)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:46 AM
Okay, right, thanks for the tips!
You won't believe, but I've actually read both of those links before you pointed them to me, shmovese. I keep on forgetting everything that's in it!
I will get better pictures later. Stay tuned!
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
Aside from nice dress and the zoomed-out screenshots,
Make sure her face doesn't resemble EA's pudding face default
Temporarily remove her heavy makeup to make her face can be seen more clearly.

If you need any suggestion, please check out the face-sculpting tutorial http://modthesims.info/t/450276 by Arisuka.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:25 PM
Thanks again
Here's what the Compressed (Zipped) File looks like:

So I guess that's the one I use?

Also, I just installed Master Controller, so getting into CAS will be easier now.

In-Game:

CAS No Makeup, No hair:

I'm not sure if it resembles EA's pudding faces. Hopefully not!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:39 PM
The sim is really good
i'm not a fan of her lips, but that's just my opinion
to me her face does not resembles EA's pudding faces

What EPs did you use to make Elyssa Hidago?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:43 PM
I used Supernatural, Seasons (for outerwear), Pets and Store Content. The rest is base game.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:01 PM
ok

if i had pets i would gladly download Elyssa Hidago when/if you upload her
gut unfortually i don't have pets
so i wouldn't be able to download her when/if you upload her
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
ok

if i had pets i would gladly download Elyssa Hidago when/if you upload her
gut unfortually i don't have pets
so i wouldn't be able to download her when/if you upload her

Pets is only used for her sleepwear. It isn't a major part of her.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:23 PM
ok thanks

i wil download her when/if you upload her
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:27 PM
I will be uploading her, I just need to remove some CC and get nice pictures. That'll take a while, because I'm seriously busy.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:50 PM
ok
i'm looking forward to using her
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:31 PM
I'm uploading her now! Wish me luck!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:09 PM
@IrishA03
good luck
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@IrishA03
good luck

Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:23 PM
Hiya. This sim got rejected, can anyone offer anymore tips? Thanks, I'll post pictures soon.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:53 PM
Hi Irish,
One immediate problem I saw with your upload photos was that the sim was poorly-lit and that the shadows on her face completely washed out her features. I'm thinking you used just an overhead light and didn't situate it well. Have you tried taking photos with a light source directly shining into the sim's face?

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Hi Irish,
One immediate problem I saw with your upload photos was that the sim was poorly-lit and that the shadows on her face completely washed out her features. I'm thinking you used just an overhead light and didn't situate it well. Have you tried taking photos with a light source directly shining into the sim's face?

Yeah, you're right. I only used overhead lights. I will try out the lights shining into her face- in fact I'm taking pictures now.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:02 PM
One more comparison picture.

Old

New one
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#21 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:34 PM
Ahh, I didn't see you had revived this before I responded to your other thread. I'll copy/paste my feedback here as well.

The neutral face shot is still not ideal for actually seeing her sculpt. The way it's tilted makes her neck/jaw/chin all look kind of melded together. Are you using tab to take your pictures? If so, try using the E and Q keys to move the camera up and down a bit and align the camera so it looks like Elyssa is looking directly at it. Right now, some of her features, particularly her her overall face shape (jaw/chin) looks very template-ish to me. Again, part of that could be the angle. The lighting is MUCH better though!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Yep, I do use Tab and no, I didn't actually use the E and Q keys, but I'll have to keep that in mind when I edit/play with her tomorrow. Also, I have the advantage of knowing what she looks like in gameplay and I will admit that her jaw and chin and such is a bit template ish, like you said. However I did downloads some face sliders but I'm a bit hesitant to use them as I'm trying to make her CC/slider free.
I have a lot set out for the pictures an I've placed the lights in front of her, like I was told to do. This is a rough draft, so I guess I'll have to take some more pictures and edit her face sculpt. I am happy enough with her eyes and such, however I'll probably edit that a bit tomorrow.
I am struggling with something to make her unique. I'm not talking about her clothes, but her face, something that'll make her stand out. Her nose is a bit large, and I guess she has a permanent scowl , but it doesn't make her really stand out. Any tips, any one?
Instructor
#23 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:29 PM
You don't need to use custom sliders to make a sim non-template-ish. There are many examples of cc-free sims with unique features. There is a LOT you can do with just the basic sliders. I'm not saying don't use cc sliders (believe me, I use them plenty), but to use them because they are actually doing something for the sim and not "just because".

As for making her sculpt more interesting/unique, what I do is find reference pictures of people with features I like and use them as inspiration for the sim I'm creating. I'm not saying to make a look-alike of the person, but maybe piece together a jawline from one person you like with someone else's eyes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:20 PM
Thanks

Here's one new version and the old version. (The one in yellow) I'm not sure which one is better:

Her nose looks odd from the side:

Edit:
I moved the mouth down a bit and I changed the nose slightly.

Compared to:
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:50 AM
Way better. I'd suggest you look at some of the great uploaded sims, to see how they did the pictures. Like Claire here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=510467 That shows her face from several sides, there's neutral as well as emotes and the lighting is spot on. Useful at all?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2