Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:01 PM
Played through a save I had where families disappeared and so far none have gone walk about. Fingers crossed this works.

Thanks a lot
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:04 PM
Default Tested well
So I've played for over a sim-week and there have been absolutely no problems as far as I can see. It seems to have completely fixed the problem and no other problems have arised for me :P
Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:40 PM
All right, I played from Wednesday at around 3 am to the following Tuesday and no deletion!

I am noticing a lot more lag, but that could be a coincidence. I'm going to play more later today and we'll see how it goes.

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#29 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM
Thank you for fixing it.
Even if my sims were already deleted. The step-daughter is still in the game and gave birth to triplets.
That's why I saved the game. But now, I finally can play in another family without fearing to lose any sims (especially the triplets)

Anyway, is there a way to bring the deleted sims back?
Because I miss them

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Inventor
#30 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:09 PM
Thank you so much! I'm gonna try it.
Now we only need a mod that reduces the townie spam.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Inventor
#31 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:01 PM
Played over a week now and my families are all still in tact. On the other hand all townies that don't live anywhere get deleted every night. So I think after a while the town just gets too full (since all the dead ones kinda are all still around). This is also a bit of a problem if you want to find partners for your Sims since if you don't move them in right away, they'll be lost forever (I now have a pregnant Sim but the dad is gone).
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM
Yep, I have also played over a week. Everything's fine. I am sooooo happy! I can play my legacy family again. Thank you so very much.

Yes Crin is right, too many townies are generated, though I know Shimrod has been attempting a mod for this so I am hopeful his talents will lead to a fix there too.
Inventor
#33 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:39 PM
It's not a problem of too many of them being generated but all of them being deleted the same night. In the beginning it only deleted the ones I didn't have a relationship with.
Inventor
#34 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM
Oh no, I don't want all the townies deleted. Since the worlds are so small I need them too (at least the ones I created).

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Inventor
#35 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
You have to move them into houses. It's only the ones that don't live anywhere that get deleted (at least for me)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM
cinrict, how many sims are there in your game overall? The game is set up so that it should decimate the population when it's over 180 sims (tuneable) between 2 and 6 every day (also tuneable), but that's a different thing from the genealogy pruning. Could it be that that's what you're seeing?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:19 PM
I suffered from the problem. Now still in testing, thx a lot, you are a hero!
Inventor
#38 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:54 PM Last edited by crinrict : 21st Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM.
Yeah, I don't believe my current issue has to do with the genealogy pruning. I should post in the other thread and not here.

Nothing to do with the mod. Sorry.

EDIT: Seems I'm at 192. Is there a way to delete dead Sims ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#39 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Is there a way to delete dead Sims ?

I assume that's what the genealogy thing is supposed to do (only that it can't properly tell apart the living from the dead is a bit of a problem =P )

I actually wanted to ask that before -- @MasterDinadan , do you think it might work to put a sim_filter in there instead of removing the action entirely? Since you said before that the game only runs what's listed in the XML (so one can remove stuff that way), can this work the other way around too? Some of the other storyprogression stuff already has filters .. and on the long run it may not be a good idea to remove that kind of cleanup entirely, at least not as long the game is still spawning randomfolk like crazy =/

(I can't try it out myself since I had no deletion going on in the first place)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
Thanks for your work, but I still have the problem:

1.I have created "unpackedmod" folder by myself;
2. my original Resource.cfg is
Priority 500PackedFile *.packagePackedFile *\*.package
I rewrite it as
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

But unplayed sims without a room is still disappearing one by one...

By the way, Sims 4 really annoys me now. Bugs are here and there, seldom see a game released like that. I suffered from several other bugs:
1. I could not harvest wild plants in another map, even I have visited "several days" before;
2. The maid disappears,too. Could only cancel and rehire;
3. As the game loaded, sometimes working sim shows at home but could not be controlled. And then he could not get off

With these bugs, I think the IGN grade is still too high for this game.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM
I'm about to go in again, I'll have to pay more attention to townies. I admittedly do not interact with them much, so I probably wouldn't notice most of them missing, lol.
My save game is also fairly new, so I doubt I have as many sims in my population (living or dead). I might try to go into my first hood/game where the deletion first occurred and see if I find any difference.

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pppe
Thanks for your work, but I still have the problem:

1.I have created "unpackedmod" folder by myself;
2. my original Resource.cfg is
I rewrite it as
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

But unplayed sims without a room is still disappearing one by one...

By the way, Sims 4 really annoys me now. Bugs are here and there, seldom see a game released like that. I suffered from several other bugs:
1. I could not harvest wild plants in another map, even I have visited "several days" before;
2. The maid disappears,too. Could only cancel and rehire;
3. As the game loaded, sometimes working sim shows at home but could not be controlled. And then he could not get off

With these bugs, I think the IGN grade is still too high for this game.

The disappearance of unplayed Sims is usually not related to the Geneaology Pruner (Sims without relatives are, in fact, completely safe)

There is a seperate story action that runs and deletes unplayed sims if the world population grows over 180, but I figure there aren't as many people affected by that one because it usually delete Sims nobody cares about anyway. If you have a lot of playable Sims, though, then some of the unplayable over 180 might actually be important to you. I can look into some ways to improve that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
The disappearance of unplayed Sims is usually not related to the Geneaology Pruner (Sims without relatives are, in fact, completely safe)

There is a seperate story action that runs and deletes unplayed sims if the world population grows over 180, but I figure there aren't as many people affected by that one because it usually delete Sims nobody cares about anyway. If you have a lot of playable Sims, though, then some of the unplayable over 180 might actually be important to you. I can look into some ways to improve that.

Thanks a lot again. I admire your work, at least those played families seems to be act well again. But sometimes unplayed sims matters. I want to finish the aspiration of "friend of the world" (need more than 20 friends) and some other aspirations and jobs also need a lot of friend. It's depressing when you find your friends "gone" at night around 2:00 (fiancee and girlfriend included). That's a little ... ridiculous for such a game.
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:06 AM
It seems a safe method is not age the unplayed sims from the setting at the beginning. But the game would become so weird. I think this game is unfinished so far...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:46 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I'm willing to say that this current version is a successful "phase 1". It doesn't solve every problem, but it seems to be a large improvement that covers majority of circumstances.

For phase 2, I'll look at improving the Max Population pruning. I've got to dive into python scripting as I don't think XML tuning alone is enough this time. So, it may be a few days before I have another update.

Quick question - should I go ahead and submit the file to the site downloads section, and edit it later as I make updates? Or should I wait until I don't have any more planned changes? I'm not sure what the best practice is here.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Inventor
#46 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:26 AM
It solves the most important one so THANK YOU!!

I would release since many have this issue but I don't know what MTS policy is on that.
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:08 AM
Thankyou for this mod. I have played 3 (sim) weeks now and so far, no more sims have gone missing. It has worked well. Thank you once again.
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:23 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I'm willing to say that this current version is a successful "phase 1". It doesn't solve every problem, but it seems to be a large improvement that covers majority of circumstances.

For phase 2, I'll look at improving the Max Population pruning. I've got to dive into python scripting as I don't think XML tuning alone is enough this time. So, it may be a few days before I have another update.

Quick question - should I go ahead and submit the file to the site downloads section, and edit it later as I make updates? Or should I wait until I don't have any more planned changes? I'm not sure what the best practice is here.

You could just submit it and update whenever you want. Possible problems are OK since problems initially come from EA.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#49 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:36 PM
Moderation-wise, I don't see any objections to uploading it (I don't moderate the queue myself, though) -- genealogy culling is a different thing from max-population culling, so whatever you can do about the latter would be a "bundle" kind of mod rather than an update. I guess it's also possible that some people would want only this but not the other, so it's actually not bad to have both versions available.

You should just see to it that you make the distinction clear in your upload description/s, but from your posts so far I don't expect that to be an issue =).

As soon as the upload goes live please remove the file from here (maybe the thread should be locked, but keep it available for reference).

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:46 PM
I'll try to do some targeted testing around this, but I don't think it is a problem. I understand what you are saying, but it simply doesn't apply here. If I Genealogy Pruner is instantiated without a schedule being specified, it will use the Sunday default as you say. But the change should prevent the Pruner from ever being instantiated in the first place.

The Story Progression object is not "hard-coded" to look for certain actions. It should only load the action that are specified in the XML.

So you've changed the day to Thursday. How did you come to the conclusion that changing the day would prevent the Pruner from ever being instantiated?

Why not add a py override for the function def process_action(self, story_progression_flags): and remove the line:
household.prune_distant_relatives()

?
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Obsolete and unsupported now.
Page 2 of 6