Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:02 PM
Default General - Stupid Questions About TS4
Well we had a thread like this for TS3 and I sure could use one for TS4 so why don't I start off?

Does anyone have any idea what this outfit is the uniform for? Some of the female Sims invited to "incognito costume" parties show up wearing it. The other choices are generally NPC outfits. Is it the social worker outfit? Is there a social worker even?

Screenshots

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:18 PM
I've seen the maid wearing that outfit or something similar.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:42 PM
Hmm. Looks like the S3 nanny-wear to me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:43 PM
I'm going to have to hire a maid to find out now aren't I? lol

One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
It does look very social workerish, though. Although there are none in 4. Maybe they're using all the unemployed social workers as backdrop fill to keep the public lots/spaces looking busy? After all, they have all that time on their hands now that they're out of a job.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:03 AM
Theres no social workers in Sims 4? Why do they threaten to take my baby away when its hungry then O.o?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM Last edited by MrRoc : 26th Sep 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Silly spelling mistakes!
Quote: Originally posted by Allisson
Theres no social workers in Sims 4? Why do they threaten to take my baby away when its hungry then O.o?

Because if you don't look after your baby's needs, welfare will indeed take your baby away. There is NO social worker, but there is an office that sends the warnings and a Head Witch/Warlock that, if you fail to adequately comply, simply casts a spell and your baby vanishes in a puff of magic green smoke*, presumably to be adopted by Angelina and Brad.

* This part is true, there is NO welfare worker and your baby just vanishes out of the crib. Others on the forum have even experimented by locking the baby in a doorless, windowless room to see it happen - it did... Hence my reference to magic as it doesn't seem to look like a Star Trek-like teleporter or such.

Instructor
#8 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrRoc
Because if you don't look after your baby's needs, welfare will indeed take your baby away. There is NO social worker, but there is an office that sends the warnings and a Head Witch/Warlock that, if you fail to adequately comply, simply casts a spell and your baby vanishes in a puff of magic green smoke*, presumably to be adopted by Angelina and Brad.

* This part is true, the is NO welfare worker and your baby just vanishes out of the crib. Others on the forum have even experimented by locking the baby in a doorless, windowless room to see it happen - it did... Hence my reference to magic as it doesn't seem to look like a Star Trek-like teleporter or such.

Reportedly, the same happens to children if they reach starvation levels, or their grade drops to F. It's as much "Social services" like the "daycare" babies get sent to if no adults are at home to watch the baby. But hey, at least The EA Utopian Government can save their $$$s that would have went to hiring Social Workers to improve their supposedly massive eSports scene instead! Gotta keep those bros happy!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:42 AM
I blocked a child into a room with no exits just to see if a Social Worker would turn up and when the child vanished in a puff of green swirls I wondered if it was because A) there were no Social Workers or B) there was no direct access to the child so no Social Worker was sent.
I'm even more curious as to what this outfit is for now then. It doesn't exactly scream "costume party" to me.

One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm even more curious as to what this outfit is for now then. It doesn't exactly scream "costume party" to me.

Unless you decided to attend the costume party as a social worker, of course. Perhaps not on the top ten list for most of us, but some folks have quirky senses of humor.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:38 AM
I've got one stupid question... but where are other three social events? So far I only can access to House Party, Dinner Party, Wedding and Dating events and there's achievement requirement for two - get silver or gold on all 7 events.

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:27 PM
wanna ask...which empty lot is a 50x50?

They all kind of look smaller than the park to me.
Inventor
#13 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:27 PM
Are there no birthday parties?

(By the way, HP, why have I been designated a space pony? I'm too old to be anybody's ride.)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

It is the Maid outfit.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It is the Maid outfit.

But...............but, what happened to the actual maid outfit? I mean, what's the point of seducing the maid unless they're in that cute little french maid outfit? Hypothetically, of course.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:37 PM
I'm not sure, I guess w... they forgot to make it, or ran out of time because when everyone was making the goofy walk, priorities and tough decisions and sacrifices needed to be made, so some other assets didn't make the cut, as the goofy walk was more important than some other more minor things.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:48 PM
I'm not sure, I guess w... they forgot to make it, or ran out of time because when everyone was making the goofy walk, priorities and tough decisions and sacrifices needed to be made, so some other assets didn't make the cut, as the goofy walk was more important than some other more minor things.

Meh, between this and porting the sims 3 maid asset, I would have preferred the latter.
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LOL500
wanna ask...which empty lot is a 50x50?

They all kind of look smaller than the park to me.

If you hover the cursor over a lot in the world map it will show you the lot size.

That said, Oakenstead is the only unoccupied 50x50, unless you evict the Landgraab's or bulldoze a park.
Scholar
#19 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
Reportedly, the same happens to children if they reach starvation levels, or their grade drops to F.

It even happens when the kid refuses to eat because they're too busy with the computer. The computer is just a little more addicting than milk and juice, the heroin and crack of Sims.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:28 PM
It is the Maid outfit.

So it is. And yet there are 4 other "Maid" outfits in the game files that look more like the traditional maid outfits and only one of them, the black one, is flagged as being a maid uniform.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM
Are they true maid career outfits similar to Sims 3? They are not something with that party pack or whatever it is, used at a costume party or something?

Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:09 AM
I have a stupid question.

How do I livestream? My sim is a level 10 programmer and 9 video gamer, yet there doesn't seem to be an option to livestream anywhere. All she can do is watch the livestreams.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuyumiAya
I have a stupid question.
How do I livestream? My sim is a level 10 programmer and 9 video gamer, yet there doesn't seem to be an option to livestream anywhere. All she can do is watch the livestreams.
Isn't it in the computer Play/... menu? The games should appear twice, one of the 2 options being the livestream.

Quote: Originally posted by sevenfisher
I've got one stupid question... but where are other three social events? So far I only can access to House Party, Dinner Party, Wedding and Dating events and there's achievement requirement for two - get silver or gold on all 7 events.
Birthday?
Oh shit. Don't tell me we need the pay DLC for the last 2 *facepalm* The 'Up all night' 70$ edition thingie. It has 2 parties, the B&W and the Costumes. Arg. Not cool.
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Isn't it in the computer Play/... menu? The games should appear twice, one of the 2 options being the livestream.

Sadly, this is not the case for me.
Screenshots
Inventor
#25 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:57 AM
Is there any good way to create a teen-only household in TS4?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Page 1 of 86