Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:20 AM
Is there any way to give already created sims tattoos with out having to resort to cas.fulleditmode?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Is there any good way to create a teen-only household in TS4?

I'd assume do it the TS2/TS3 way and create some teens with one adult as their "parent" and kill off the adult.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I'd assume do it the TS2/TS3 way and create some teens with one adult as their "parent" and kill off the adult.

I did this more or less accidentally and it worked.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuyumiAya
I have a stupid question.

How do I livestream? My sim is a level 10 programmer and 9 video gamer, yet there doesn't seem to be an option to livestream anywhere. All she can do is watch the livestreams.

I think livestreaming is somewhere in the professional gamer branch of the tech guru career.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Are they true maid career outfits similar to Sims 3? They are not something with that party pack or whatever it is, used at a costume party or something?

They are all flagged as "Outfitcategory:Career" but only the black outfit with a white apron is also tagged as "Uniform:Maid". I've noticed this with quite a few of the career outfits. There are multiple colour versions but only one is flagged as the appropriate career uniform. I've not played enough different Sims in different jobs though to see if they actually wear them all or not.

Quote: Originally posted by Megido
Is there any way to give already created sims tattoos with out having to resort to cas.fulleditmode?

I would also like to know this.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Birthday?
Oh shit. Don't tell me we need the pay DLC for the last 2 *facepalm* The 'Up all night' 70$ edition thingie. It has 2 parties, the B&W and the Costumes. Arg. Not cool.

Oh yeah Birthday too, forgot about that. :fp:

Really? If you want to get the achievement that came with base game you have to actually pay for DLC? Oh dear. Normally I'd glad to upgrade (I did for FFXIV) but the pack isn't really great, tbh. £11.99 for few clothes and stuff I don't really want, and soundtrack means fuck all for deaf gamer like me...

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mateodon
I think livestreaming is somewhere in the professional gamer branch of the tech guru career.
Unfortunately, I'm the level 10 of the start up entrepreneur branch of Tech Guru.

I don't understand how this activity would be limited to only the gamer branch, though. Besides, how am I going to complete my aspiration if I can't even do the activity?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:38 PM
Unfortunately, I'm the level 10 of the start up entrepreneur branch of Tech Guru.

I don't understand how this activity would be limited to only the gamer branch, though. Besides, how am I going to complete my aspiration if I can't even do the activity?

Doesn't it also includes tournaments? IIRC you can use that or livestream to earn the money to complete a goal on that aspiration.

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sevenfisher
Doesn't it also includes tournaments? IIRC you can use that or livestream to earn the money to complete a goal on that aspiration.
oh right.

Though regardless, I do want to stream. I don't suppose there's a way to change my sim's career to be set back into the fifth level so I can change course and go with the gaming branch, huh? I don't want to start that career with a new sim to unlock a few items.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:13 PM
oh right.

Though regardless, I do want to stream. I don't suppose there's a way to change my sim's career to be set back into the fifth level so I can change course and go with the gaming branch, huh? I don't want to start that career with a new sim to unlock a few items.

Sadly not. You can install that mod that unlocks all rewards from start, but other than that you can't unlock everything with 1 sim legally.

Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:24 PM
Beating writer's block? How do you get writer's block in the first place?
Alchemist
#37 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by talene

Write and write. Do boring books repeatedly. Do not write comedies. Do a few romance books. It will kick in. (And why not, says reason).
Mad Poster
#38 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Actually, you don't need to kill any Sims if you don't want to. You can create unrelated children and teens in a Sim grouping. An adult needs to be with them, but they don't have to be related (I just said the same thing twice, but I wanted to be sure I was clear). If you want the Sims to live without an adult, then you have to kill one off. I prefer to put them with an elderly Sim to start out (via manage worlds).

BTW - I owe you a note. Will do soon.

It isn't easy.
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Write and write. Do boring books repeatedly. Do not write comedies. Do a few romance books. It will kick in. (And why not, says reason).
Yep, pretty much. The most boring and most likely to bring about writers' block is the "practice writing" action.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:29 AM
Sadly, this is not the case for me.

Ow, I'm sorry it's not appearing from you - maybe it's indeed linked to the job? I hope not as that would be stupid, I would love to make teens do that if I ever go back to playing legacy style with aging off
I fired up the game and took 2 pics of my computer menu with my eplayer sim for you, sorry they're in French. But in pic 1 'jouer' means 'play', the stream option is the one highlighted in green ('Diffuser une séance de jeu vidéo en direct')

In the second pic I opened the livestream menu and you can see the stream option for each game:

Two things to add:
*) I'm sorry I said the games appeared in double in the play menu, in fact they are all tucked in the stream menu, my bad. See, I was more focusing on the freshness of the fish in the bowl on the desk ^^
*) The stream option also appears on the huge gaming thing but sadly it's not available on the tablet - that thing is really useless, gosh!
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:34 AM
Yes, live streaming is only available with the gamer career, just like you can only write cookbooks when you're in the chef career and you can only have an agent in the painting career. I have found each of these things out the hard way.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
Yes, live streaming is only available with the gamer career, just like you can only write cookbooks when you're in the chef career and you can only have an agent in the painting career. I have found each of these things out the hard way.
That sucks, once a sim unlocks an option due to his work it should stay unlocked forever for that sim; even if he retires or gets fired. Hoping a mod could unlock all the gated options so I could have my youtube uploader addicted teens.
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:13 AM
Does anybody know what the "special interactions" a sim is supposed to get with his/her spouse after completeing the love/soulmate aspiration? I don't see anything different.
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:09 AM
Does anyone know how much of a level boost does the reward "Connections" give you?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LOL500
Does anyone know how much of a level boost does the reward "Connections" give you?

3. Instead of starting a Criminal level 1, I started at Criminal level 4.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:34 AM
How do I find a teen guy for my teen girl? Everyone seems to be YA/Adults and I can't tell them apart.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
That sucks, once a sim unlocks an option due to his work it should stay unlocked forever for that sim; even if he retires or gets fired. Hoping a mod could unlock all the gated options so I could have my youtube uploader addicted teens.

Livestreaming works in the the tech career (non-gaming). I think you need level 10 gaming to unlock it.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:57 AM
Does anyone know if there are unused objects, clothes and/or hairstyles that were left out from TS4 before its release? I always found the ones left out from TS2 to be very interesting and I'm curious to know if anyone has, for example, seen a hairstyle in the TS4 official photos that can't be found in the game itself?
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
How do I find a teen guy for my teen girl? Everyone seems to be YA/Adults and I can't tell them apart.

Oh yeah, I want to know too.

There's this guy who only after my young adult sim had married and moved him it did I know that he was an elder!
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty

The easiest way I've found is to go to household management>unplayed households. Teens are always generated with an adult so you can skip all the singles, when you see a family that looks like it might have a teen go to edit household and double check the age in CaS. Then it's a matter of tracking down that sim in-game, I prefer to move the family into my neighborhood to make it easier.

If you want more teens in the world you can go to unplayed households, pick an adult you like and open in CaS, then add sim>play with genetics to give them a teenage sibling/child.

Assuming you're interested in romance, you could use this mod and just skip the hassle of trying to find teens.
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:28 PM

Have your sim "Practice Writing" (not write actual books) for hours on end without taking a break. They will eventually get writer's block.
Page 2 of 86