Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM
Thank you all for the help. That is pretty dumb that the option is only available due to the career. Well, I hope this thread will show up for someone who is trying to google this problem out desperately like I was. haha.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by talene
Does anybody know what the "special interactions" a sim is supposed to get with his/her spouse after completeing the love/soulmate aspiration? I don't see anything different.

Finally saw the extra interactions. My wifey sim was sad and hubby got the "share burden" interaction and one other one that I ddin't catch. It made her not sad any more.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
How do I find a teen guy for my teen girl? Everyone seems to be YA/Adults and I can't tell them apart.

The Landgraabs have a teen boy. Can't remember his name. I suppose he is somewhat handsome. And he's rich if you're into marrying for money like my Crime Boss sim did. She's all about that scam.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jwilli
The Landgraabs have a teen boy. Can't remember his name. I suppose he is somewhat handsome. And he's rich if you're into marrying for money like my Crime Boss sim did. She's all about that scam.

Doesn't matter how much money a sim's family has... if you don't move the whole family in, you get nada.
Test Subject
#55 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:50 PM
Has anyone found a good way to fulfill the joke star goal of getting 2,500 simoleons through comedy routines? My sim is plugging away at it but it's very difficult to get patrons/other sims to pay attention. They'll dance, chat, etc and I'll be lucky to get even one to listen and then tip.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
How do I find a teen guy for my teen girl? Everyone seems to be YA/Adults and I can't tell them apart.

Quote: Originally posted by jwilli
I found another family with a male teen! They're called the Masson family in my game, not sure if it's their French translated name. But you're lucky as for once print screen worked and I was able to paste the hood pic showing their family so you'll be able to locate them easily:

As you can see they're direct neighbors to the Spencer K. Lewis family in Willow creek. The teen is a chubby, good fella with the collector aspiration. It's the one with the dark blue shirt and the red hair.
One Minute Ninja'd
#57 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
As you can see they're direct neighbors to the Spencer K. Lewis family in Willow creek. The teen is a chubby, good fella with the collector aspiration. It's the one with the dark blue shirt and the red hair.

Damn. My money was on the appearing shorter and slightly smaller guy in the light blue shirt with the dark hair, and the larger red haired guy being the Dad.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:04 PM
How does one move fresh produce from a Sim's inventory into the refrigerator? My Sim has fruits and veggies, I have opened the refrigerator, opened the inventory and tried to drag it, without luck. I've put the items on the floor and attempted to drag it, without luck. I clicked on the items, no option came up. I replaced the refrigerator, no change. What am I doing wrong? Does it have to be produce that your Sim grows himself or is it ok to take it from community lots?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
How does one move fresh produce from a Sim's inventory into the refrigerator? My Sim has fruits and veggies, I have opened the refrigerator, opened the inventory and tried to drag it, without luck. I've put the items on the floor and attempted to drag it, without luck. I clicked on the items, no option came up. I replaced the refrigerator, no change. What am I doing wrong? Does it have to be produce that your Sim grows himself or is it ok to take it from community lots?
It can be fruits & veggies taken from anywhere, community lots or the public spaces of your homes. 'Open' the fridge, then a bit like Sims 3 drag your stacks into the fridge window. The thing is that in Sims 3 we had to click on the corner thing of the stack to pick it up and if you do that in Sims 4 it unselects the stack, you have to in fact click the center of your produce stack, then drag to the fridge, release the LMB when on the fridge window. If it still doesn't work, try replacing the fridge, I had a semi-functional computer that wouldn't let me order stuff online and I had to replace it
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
How does one move fresh produce from a Sim's inventory into the refrigerator?

I don't have much experience with produce, but I believe simply it does not need to be refrigerated. I've had apples in my inventory for 70 sim-days now.
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eRogue
I don't have much experience with produce, but I believe simply it does not need to be refridgerated. I've had apples in my inventory for 70 sim-days now.
But then it won't be used in cooking, i.e. won't be used to lower the cost of cooking your plate. Maybe selling them is a better deal tho, they seem to have a better sell price than in Sims 3, no?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM Last edited by eRogue : 1st Oct 2014 at 3:36 PM.
But then it won't be used in cooking, i.e. won't be used to lower the cost of cooking your plate.

No, I can still use the ingredients from my inventory. Sure, there is some benefit to being able to "share" the ingredients via the fridge. Anyway, sorry for guessing, apparently you can put produce in the fridge as she directed. [Edited incorrect wording:] I may have been confused by the freshness "bug" of fish. Fish Fridge Freshness mod
Scholar
#63 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:06 PM
Whew! This is giving me more tuning mod ideas!

- Unlock Cookbooks on combined cooking and writing skill and not career
- Unlock Livestreams on gaming skill and not career
- Allow teen-only households

(And again, the "father and son" look more like brothers to me, stupid EA skin texture having no age details!)

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Instructor
#64 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:34 PM Last edited by esmesqualor : 1st Oct 2014 at 4:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Stplaz
Has anyone found a good way to fulfill the joke star goal of getting 2,500 simoleons through comedy routines? My sim is plugging away at it but it's very difficult to get patrons/other sims to pay attention. They'll dance, chat, etc and I'll be lucky to get even one to listen and then tip.

Have you refined your routines? I thing the tips are dependent on if your routines are okay, good, excellent (or something like that).

eta: Any hints on a successful dinner party? Mine was a disaster. It was such a disaster that I ended it early, kicked out all the guests, sold the dinner table, chairs and stereo.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:13 PM
It can be fruits & veggies taken from anywhere, community lots or the public spaces of your homes. 'Open' the fridge, then a bit like Sims 3 drag your stacks into the fridge window. The thing is that in Sims 3 we had to click on the corner thing of the stack to pick it up and if you do that in Sims 4 it unselects the stack, you have to in fact click the center of your produce stack, then drag to the fridge, release the LMB when on the fridge window. If it still doesn't work, try replacing the fridge, I had a semi-functional computer that wouldn't let me order stuff online and I had to replace it
It was the refrigerator - thanks, that did the trick! I had replaced it before using the dropper method and that didn't fix it, but when I deleted the fridge first, then bought a brand new one, I was able to drag produce, as well as left-overs to the fridge. Thanks for your help.

Field Researcher
#66 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:22 AM
Ghosts are playable but there is no option cas or in testingCheats. So how do you add them to your household?
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
Ghosts are playable but there is no option cas or in testingCheats. So how do you add them to your household?

From what I've read you click on them and Invite into Household / Move in. Something along those lines.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#68 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:24 AM
Are the unpacked mods folder and the extra lines in the ressource.cfg obsolete after yesterday´s patch? Or is ist that only some mods don´t need that setup anymore and others still need it?
Field Researcher
#69 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:28 AM
There's one thing I just can't wrap my head around. How on earth do you "lift" the paintings and windows off ground level? When I try to hang a painting on the wall, the painting is always at the very bottom of the wall, almost on the floor and I can't seem to find a way to raise it higher. Can anyone help me with this?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littlejestersims
How on earth do you "lift" the paintings and windows off ground level?

Firstly, logically, if the painting is too big, you might not have a choice; you might have to increase the actual wall height first. But I don't feel that's your issue :D

In Build Mode, you cannot change the height placement if you click-and-drag. You have to left- click to pick up the item, let go of the mouse button, then the paint moves around quite easily. This is actually different than in live mode where you have to click-and-drag.

If you have a screenshot that would tell us which painting and show your wall height and possible other objects that are interfering.
Instructor
#71 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:47 AM
There's one thing I just can't wrap my head around. How on earth do you "lift" the paintings and windows off ground level? When I try to hang a painting on the wall, the painting is always at the very bottom of the wall, almost on the floor and I can't seem to find a way to raise it higher. Can anyone help me with this?

In previous games you had to hold the left mouse button down or use the bracket keys. [ ]
I've noticed that you just need to hover your mouse over the wall to change the item's height.

If that doesn't work you can hold (left) ALT to place it on the wall freely, just like you'd place floor objects freely without the restriction of the grid..

EDIT: I guess eRogue beat me to it.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
EDIT: I guess eRogue beat me to it.

Well, I didn't mention holding ALT Thanks for the tip!
Alchemist
#73 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:11 AM
Okay, so we have an empty towel rack. Is there a way to put things on those shelves?
Instructor
#74 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Okay, so we have an empty towel rack. Is there a way to put things on those shelves?

I've tried various things, including the moveobjects cheat mod, but to no avail. I guess the empty towel rack is filled with... Well, air.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#75 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:19 AM
To add to what the others said, there was a painting that I could not place at the level I wanted. It turned out that the placement I wanted interfered with something on the wall, and the painting had to go up very very high on the wall. On another, more open wall, I could place it where I wanted.

Page 3 of 86