Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fewer Stalkbys | Impatient Stalkbys

by plasticbox Posted 4th Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM - Updated 31st Jul 2015 at 4:09 PM by plasticbox

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:36 AM
woot you're my hero yet again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:49 AM
Great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:21 AM
Exactly what I wanted ! I was harassed !! Thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:13 AM
Excellent! Very interesting mod that I needed too! Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:27 AM
Thank you so much. My sims have a big extended family who just love to knock at the door at all hours. This is very much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:32 AM
u r sooooo cool!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:16 AM
This is the one thing I really dislike with this game as I feel really bad ignoring people, so many thanks for producing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:04 AM
I have been waiting for a mod that does this since the day after the game was released! Thanks to the modding community for fixing the game, yet again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:16 AM
Thank you so much. I don't mind people coming by and ringing my doorbell, but I hate it when they stand there for almost 6hrs waiting on me to finally answer. Its like ZOMG ring the bell, if no one answers then leave! herp derps So thanks for this!
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:38 AM
@plasticbox

Is the passerby and house guess handled in the same parameter?

Can you make another flavor like:

Zero passerby but more house guests.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:55 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 4th Oct 2014 at 9:10 AM.
@Celebriton I don't know what you mean by "house guess" .. is that a typo, do you mean guest? A visitor? And no, I'm not going to make any flavours (definitely not ones with *even more* stalkers since my goal here is the opposite =P).

@Begoth_Princess this does not change how long they will stand there. That is also a little annoying, but I haven't found where to change that yet.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 8:05 AM
First, let me say thank you for taking the time to make this mod!

Some feedback: Cassandra Goth's dad and brother are showing up a lot less, but ol' Mama Bella is still stalking her newly-married daughter. Maybe because Cassandra has a higher relationship with Bella?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:05 AM
For the stalkers with relationship (there are two kinds, neighbors and sims-with-relationship), the minimal value for the friendship bar (LTR_Friendship_Main) is 35, ideal is 100. Don't know how that relates to your sims, but yes that could be a reason -- the idea was probably that better friends show up more often.

The relationship tuning is in a different file btw (filter_standard_walker_RingDoorbell, 6E0DDA9F_00000000_0000000000009D96 -- this tells the game which sims can be used as visitors), i.e. out of scope for this mod. Also, if I would change this I would clash with Shimrod's mod since he's tuning that file too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:28 AM
They remind me of Sales People keeps knocking on the door all the time.. xD
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:57 AM
Actually I think I found the hang-out-on-the-porch-for-six-hours time thing. It's different in the XML vs. description, which is probably what threw me off. I'll experiment a bit and may update in case of success.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:16 AM
Thanks for solving one of bothering features of Sims 4!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:20 AM
Like I said: I'm not going to make any flavours of this, and I also don't take requests. Please download S4PE, open the package, and tune it yourself .. if there's anything you don't understand, people in the Create forums will help you. Please also read the EA custom content docs, link is stickied in Create > Modding Discussion.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:14 PM
Added a small impatience add-on so that they don't hang around forever when nobody opens the door. See download post. No need to redownload, these are two independent things (but serve the same overall goal, hence why I put them in the same download thread).

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:09 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:14 PM
Thank you,
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:24 PM
Ugh, thank you. This chick I made is friends with my sim but she's CONSTANTLY knocking on my door. Kind of creepy.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:11 PM
Oh my god! Thank you! I'll take any improvement. The stalkers were creeping me out.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:08 AM
I am living in the "Pebble Burrow" lot in the "affordable" area of Oasis Springs and since installing the original mod the "usual suspects" in the stalker field now tend to loiter at the edge of the lot rather than come up and knock on the door. Not sure if that's what you intended but it's a lot easier to forget about them in a moralistic guilt trip way when they are not in your field of vision.
And thanks for adding the 20 minute thing.
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
Thanks so much! I've been wanting a fix for this you rock. seriously. :lovestruc

I'm gonna look out the window of my colored TV.
Page 1 of 4